This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

returning 01/01/0001 as selected date

3 Answers 249 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Regeesh Joseph
Top achievements
Rank 1
Regeesh Joseph asked on 24 Sep 2010, 08:17 AM
Hai,

If I click on a date, the calendar will return the selected date correctly. But if I click on the same date once more it will return the date as '01/01/0001' . But I want the selected date when I click on a date. Plz give the solution . It is an urgent one.

Thanks & regards,
Regeesh Joseph

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Sep 2010, 10:57 AM
Hello Rageesh,

One suggestion is saving the clicked date (unselected date) in a HiddenField from client event 'OnDateSelected', and accessing that (HiddenField) in code behind.  

-Shinu.
Regeesh Joseph
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Sep 2010, 12:06 PM
Hai,

If we take the date to hiddenfield, then what is the meaning of SelectedDate in code behind. The issue happens when we click on the same date second time. I want to know, why second time selected date is not returned. It returns 01/01/0001 as selected date. Why????  I didn't set the date as 01/01/0001 anywhere.

Thanks & regards,
Regeesh Joseph
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2010, 09:36 AM
Hello Regeesh,

The issue you are facing is actually the default behavior of the control and currently we do not plan to make changes on it. The second selection of the same date is actually unselecting it and the control returns the min available date.

Sincerely yours,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Regeesh Joseph
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
Regeesh Joseph
Top achievements