Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
91 views
Hai All,

In my RadCombo box i displaying fields like..

Header--> Item1         Item2
                -------------------------
                     a                 1
                     b                  2
                     c                  3
                     c                   4

Can u please help me if i select row 1 means need "a" in one variable and  "1" in another variable on
radcombox selectedindex change.

Thanks
salvio
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 21 Oct 2010
3 answers
170 views
Hi

I am having trouble working out the correct style to add to Radtreenode so that the text is indented after the first line if the text wraps.

Like this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >

<head>

    <title>Untitled Page</title>

       <style> 

      p { 

        text-indent: -2.0em; 

      } 

      div{

            padding:3.0em;

      }

    </style> 

</head>

<body>

<div>

    <p> 

      "On the contrary," said Holmes, quietly, "I have every reason 

      to believe that I will succeed in discovering Mr. Hosmer Angel." 

    </p> 

    <p> 

      Mr. Windibank gave a violent start, and dropped his gloves. 

      "I am delighted to hear it," he said. 

    </p> 

    <p> 

      "It is a curious thing," remarked Holmes, "that a typewriter 

      has really quite as much individuality as a man's handwriting. 

      Unless they are quite new no two of them write exactly alike. 

      Some letters get more worn than others, and some wear only on 

      one side. Now, you remark in this note of yours, Mr. Windibank, 

      that in every case there is some little slurring over the e, and 

      a slight defect in the tail of the r. There are fourteen other 

      characteristics, but those are the more obvious." 

    </p> 

</div>

</body>

</html>

I will need to apply the text-indent: -2.0em;  and padding:3.0em; style to particular elements but i'm not sure what ones.

Cheers

Aaron

           

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
2 answers
151 views
Hello

We are using "out of the box" RadGrids with no special formattings other than Skin="Sunset". Our RadGrid page buttons are somehow split in the middle what makes them too wide and strange looking:

Screenshot of our RadGrid page buttons

Is this the normal appearance of RadGrid buttons? Do we have to do some custom formatting to make them look "normal" (not split and not so wide) ?

This is how our RadGrid is defined in the aspx file:

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGridApplicationLogs" runat="server" 
    AllowFilteringByColumn="True" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" GridLines="None" DataSourceID="ObjectDataSourceApplicationLogs" ShowGroupPanel="False" Skin="Sunset" >
    <MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="ApplicationLogID" CommandItemDisplay="Bottom">
        <Columns>
...
        </Columns>
    </MasterTableView>
    <ClientSettings AllowDragToGroup="False" EnablePostBackOnRowClick="true">
        <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" ScrollHeight="300px" />
        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />
        <Resizing AllowRowResize="False" EnableRealTimeResize="False" ResizeGridOnColumnResize="True" AllowColumnResize="True"></Resizing>
    </ClientSettings>
</telerik:RadGrid>
 
Thanks
Cedo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
1 answer
63 views
Hi,

I am upgrading radeditor MCMS 7.3.1 version on a CMS site running on asp.net 1.1 framework from 6.x version or radeditor MCMS premium.

The upgrade went successful and I also taken care to remove all removed and obsolete property.

Now when I click on edit on a page I see a script error 'RadEditorIsPathKeeperAnchorActive' is undefined which lead me to the radEditorMCMS.js file where this variable is validated -

if (RadEditorIsPathKeeperAnchorActive) {
    //.............
}

Any idea what could trigger this error.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Tabrez
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
3 answers
190 views

I have a treeview

1.<telerik:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeViewCombo" runat="server" DataFieldID="IdGroup" DataFieldParentID="IdParentGroup"
2.                    DataTextField="Name" DataValueField="IdGroup" OnDataBound="RadTreeViewCombo_DataBound"
3.                    DataSourceID="edsCosts" CheckBoxes="True" CheckChildNodes="True">
4.                    <DataBindings>
5.                        <telerik:RadTreeNodeBinding Depth="0" Expanded="false" />
6.                    </DataBindings>
7.                </telerik:RadTreeView>
and filter (textbox) that search all nodes by Text.

The problem is when a check node then filter by name (filter do only visible = false to unwanted nodes) 

then from result nodes I check some nodes after submiting (press button) the property CheckedNodes.Count=0 ?!?!?

If I do only filtering and then checking of result nodes or only checking without filtering there is no problem.

Search algorithm:

01.protected void btnSearch_Click(object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e)
02.    {
03.                SearchByName(RadTreeViewCombo.Nodes);
04.                RadTreeViewCombo.ExpandAllNodes();
05.    }
06.  
07.private void SearchByName(RadTreeNodeCollection radTreeNodeCollection)
08.    {
09.        foreach (RadTreeNode node in radTreeNodeCollection)
10.        { RecursiveSearhInNodes(node); }
11.  
12.    }
13.  
14.    private void RecursiveSearhInNodes(RadTreeNode node)
15.    {
16.        if (!node.Text.ToLower().Contains(txtSearch.Text.Trim().ToLower()))
17.        { node.Visible = false; }
18.        else
19.        { GoToParent(node.ParentNode); node.Visible = true; }
20.  
21.        foreach (RadTreeNode childNodes in node.Nodes)
22.        { RecursiveSearhInNodes(childNodes); }
23.    }
24.  
25.    private void GoToParent(RadTreeNode parentNode)
26.    {
27.        if (parentNode != null)
28.        {
29.            if (parentNode.ParentNode != null)
30.                GoToParent(parentNode.ParentNode);
31.  
32.            parentNode.Visible = true;
33.        }
34.    }

Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
1 answer
128 views
We are running Telerik version 2008.2.826.35 (and cannot update it for this particular project).

In the Editor, when I first click the Symbol icon the popup appears and I select a symbol and it enters it into the content area.

However, after the symbol is inserted, when I click the Symbol Icon again, it just inserts the same character again, the popup does not appear for me to select a different symbol. This occurs in all browsers (but we are specifically coding for IE6).

This is an urgent matter (of course :)

Thanks,
-Tamara
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
5 answers
150 views
All,

I'm having an issue with my RadGrid header row.  The headers for the rows appear correctly sized, however for any screen real estate to the right of my furthest right header, I get funky results.  I attached a screenshot.

I think the fix will probably be something to the grid.css file, but I just can't seem to figure it out.  Is there something I'm missing on this?

Thank you!
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
5 answers
126 views
hello guys

                i would like to ask question about grid item selections. here's the set up of the grid, i have a grid that contains clientselectcolumn which is a checkbox and i have also a button per row  which i called it view profile, once i click the button view profile the checkbox is automatically check..is there a way that checkbox will not be check while clicking the button view profile on a row on the grid? 

sample codes is highly appreciated.


many thanks
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
1 answer
118 views
I'm using the Upload control and it works as advertised, however, once the file is uploaded my form reloads.

Once when the form loads I check the database to see if I have a file.  If I do then I hide the upload control (panel) and display another panel that has a link to the uploaded file.  Included in this other panel is the option to delete the uploaded file.  The delete feature doesn't do anything with the actual file, it just blanks the database field then tells th form to show the upload control panel. 

After this happens the upload control is once again visible, however, doens't look or work correctly.  If I mouse over the text box, another textbox appears along with another button titled "browse". 

The only way I'm able to get the upload control to appear normal again is to click the Upload button again (which does nothing because there is no file selected).  I'm assuming this post back is fixing the look of the upload control. 

I've attached a screen shot of the upload control "after" is shown again on the form. 

Does anyone know how to correct this? 

FYI:  I have a .NET application with Master/Contenet pages and all of this is within an AJAX UpdatePanel. 
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
1 answer
853 views
I have a RadGrid setup with a GridClientSelectColumn and AllowMultiRowSelection = false. When the page is posted back and I hit the browser back button, the previously selected checkbox is still checked. When I check another row, the first one stays checked causing two checkboxes to be checked. On top of that, it's a real pain to uncheck the first checkbox for an end-user.

Telerik has confirmed that this is not a bug with RadGrid but a browser issue, and it will be difficult to deal with since the page is not reloaded when using the browser back button.

Can anyone think of a way to clear the RadGrid checkboxes after hitting the back button?

Example:
- Go to: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/client/selecting/defaultcs.aspx
- Uncheck: (you may have to do a post back to persist this setting)
- Check a row in the 2nd grid (Grid with ClientSideSelectColumn)
- Click the PostBack button
- Hit your browser's back button
- Check another row
- You will see that the previous row stays checked along with the new one
- Now, try to get the original row unchecked
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?