Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
244 views
I am using Linq to Sql and a LinqDatasource.  I have added a property to one of the class linq classes that were created as below.
public string FullName
        {
            get { return string.Format("{0}, {1}", this.LastName, this.FirstName); }
        }

When trying to sort or filter on this column I receive The member FullName has no supported translation to SQL error. 

Does anyone know how to get around this.  I realize there is no column in the database called Fullname.  I can set the sort expression of the coulmn to "User.LastName + User.FirstName" and this works, but it still errors when filtering.

Thanks for any help.
Nikolay Rusev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
1 answer
70 views
Hey guys, I'm new to these controls so I'm sure this is an easy one, but I spent some time with it last night and no luck.

I'm trying to use Radspell in a .net 4.0 MVC app (VS2010) and I was able to get the controls installed and clear up some errors (missing/out-of-order radscriptmanager, etc.) but now when I run the app and click the "check spelling" link, nothing happens.

I'm not getting any errors, and when I watch it with the javascript debugger in Safari there's no error or failing requests.  

Here's what the code on the view looks like:

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">

    </telerik:RadScriptManager>

    <telerik:RadSpell ID="RadSpell1" runat="server" ButtonType="LinkButton" 

     

    ControlToCheck='Description' IsClientID="True" HandlerUrl="~/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd"/>


Any assistance appreciated, thanks!
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
1 answer
119 views
I am using Radupload 2008.3.1314.35 version. It works fine locally but it's not able to upload file on test servers. It doesn't show any error but it isn't uploading the file either. I want to add that 6 months ago this thing was working fine in test server but recently when I tried to test it , it doesn't do anything. It is copying csv file in that server but not reading from it. Please help..
blue123
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
5 answers
145 views
hi  all,

   I am new to telerik controls.here i am implementing one web application in that i used two radpanel(i.e top and bottom panel),in the top pane contains Binary Image control and bottom pane contains rad rotator control.here i am rendering the images from the data base in to the rotator with out using the postback .but my requirement is  to show the images in the binary image which i select in the rorator thumb.but i didn't get any clue from any where.pls help me how to show the image in the binary image control.i find some functionalities which are itemClick and onItemClicked functions on the clientside but i didn't find any information abt those functions ,i read the radControlsAjaxCourseWare pdf but i din't find any clue, but he explained in  freedemos using postback but i need without using postback,pls help me or give me any refference which gives the solution.

thanks in advance.
ravi.
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
1 answer
63 views
we have the following in JavaScript to get hold of the one of the attributes that we set on editor from code-behind the following was  

editor._rootElement.attributes["PageclientID"].value;

working fine and after updating to the latest sp we run into the following issue, can you please let us know what needs to be done?


'editor._rootElement.attributes' is null or not an object


Thanks
-Nen
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
3 answers
156 views
i'am getting an error while using IE 8  
htmlfile: Could not complete the operation due to error 800a025e.

I found this temporaly solution 
Tools -> Compatibility View Settings -> and check Display all websites in compatilbility view

But i think that i can't change this setting in all client that is using my web application 

i call SetCursorToTextEnd function after the grid is filtered, because i need put the cursor at the end text
 

<

 

 

script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

 

 

 

 

 

function SetCursorToTextEnd(textControlID) 

 { 

 

 

var text = document.getElementById(textControlID);

 

 

if (text != null) {

 

 

 

if (text.createTextRange) {

 

 

 

var range = text.createTextRange();

 

 range.moveStart(

 

'character', text.value.length);

 

 range.collapse();

range.select(); //Here is the error!!!

}

 

 

else if (text.setSelectionRange) {

 

 

 

 

var textLength = text.value.length;

 text.setSelectionRange(textLength, textLength);

}

}

 }

 

 

 

</script>

 

 

<

 

 

telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">

 

 

<script type="text/javascript">

 

 

function doFilter(sender, eventArgs, columna) {

 

 

 

if (eventArgs.keyCode == 13) {

 

 eventArgs.cancelBubble =

 

true;

 

 eventArgs.returnValue =

 

false;

 

  

 

 

if (eventArgs.stopPropagation) {

 eventArgs.stopPropagation();

eventArgs.preventDefault();

}

 

 

 

var tableView = $find("<%= gridProductos.ClientID %>").get_masterTableView();

 

 

var ordenamiento = "";

 

 

 

 

if (columna == "SupplierID" || columna == "CategoryID" || columna == "UnitsInStock") {

 ordenamiento =

 

"EqualTo";

 

 }

 

else {

 

 ordenamiento =

 

"Contains";

 

 }

filtro = sender.value;

$(

 

'#hdControlFiltro').val(sender.id);

 

 tableView.filter(columna, sender.value, ordenamiento);

}

}

 

 

 

function MasterTableViewCreated(sender, eventArgs) {

 

 

var nombreControlFiltro = $("#hdControlFiltro").val();

 

 

 

 

if (nombreControlFiltro != '') {

 SetCursorToTextEnd(nombreControlFiltro);

}

}

 

 

</script>

 

 

 

</telerik:RadCodeBlock>

 

<

 

 

telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server" />

 

 

 

 

 

 

<telerik:RadStyleSheetManager ID="RadStylesheetManager1" runat="server" />

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<telerik:RadSkinManager ID="RadSkinManager1" Skin="Office2007" runat="server" />

 

 

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="ajax_manager1" runat="server">

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<AjaxSettings>

 

 

 

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="gridProductos">

 

  

 

 

<UpdatedControls>

 

 

 

 

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="gridProductos" />

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

</UpdatedControls>

 

 

 

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

 

 

 

 

</AjaxSettings>

 

 

 

 

 

 

</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

 

 

<telerik:RadGrid ID="gridProductos" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="false"

 

 

 

onneeddatasource="gridProductos_NeedDataSource" AllowFilteringByColumn="true"

 

 

 

 

AllowSorting="true" onitemcreated="gridProductos_ItemCreated" AllowPaging="true" AllowCustomPaging="True" ClientSettings-ClientEvents-OnMasterTableViewCreated ="MasterTableViewCreated"

 

 

 

 

AllowMultiRowSelection="false" OnSortCommand="gridProductos_SortCommand" OnPageIndexChanged="gridProductos_PageIndexChanged">

 

 

 

 

<MasterTableView>

 

 

 

 

<Columns>

 

 

 

<telerik:GridImageColumn ImageUrl="images/seleccionar.png" UniqueName="Seleccionar">

 

 

 

 

</telerik:GridImageColumn>

 

 

 

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="ProductName" HeaderText="ProductName" UniqueName="ProductName" AllowFiltering="True">

 

 

 

<HeaderTemplate >

 

 

 

 

<table>

 

 

 

 

<tr>

 

 

 

 

<td>

 

 

 

 

<asp:TextBox ID="txt_fProductName" runat="server" onkeydown="doFilter(this,event,'ProductName')" ></asp:TextBox>

 

 

 

 

</td>

 

 

 

 

</tr>

 

 

 

 

<tr>

 

 

 

 

<td align="center">

 

 

 

 

<asp:LinkButton ID="SortProductName" CommandName="Sort" CommandArgument="ProductName" runat="server" Text="ProductName"></asp:LinkButton>

 

 

 

 

</td>

 

 

 

 

</tr>

 

 

 

 

</table>

 

 

 

 

</HeaderTemplate>

 

 

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

<%

 

 

# Eval("ProductName")%>

 

 

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

 

 

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="SupplierID" HeaderText="SupplierID" UniqueName="SupplierID" AllowFiltering="True">

 

 

 

<HeaderTemplate >

 

 

 

 

<table>

 

 

 

 

<tr>

 

 

 

 

<td>

 

 

 

 

<asp:TextBox ID="txt_fSupplierID" runat="server" onkeydown="doFilter(this,event,'SupplierID')" ></asp:TextBox>

 

 

 

 

</td>

 

 

 

 

</tr>

 

 

 

 

<tr>

 

 

 

 

<td align="center">

 

 <

 

 

asp:LinkButton ID="SortSupplierID" CommandName="Sort" CommandArgument="SupplierID" runat="server" Text="SupplierID"></asp:LinkButton>

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

</td>  

 

 

</tr>

 

</table>

 

</HeaderTemplate>

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

<%# Eval("SupplierID")%>  

 

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="CategoryID" HeaderText="CategoryID" UniqueName="CategoryID" AllowFiltering="True">

 

<HeaderTemplate >

 

<table>

 

<tr>  

 

 

 

<td>

 

<asp:TextBox ID="txt_fCategoryID" runat="server" onkeydown="doFilter(this,event,'CategoryID')" ></asp:TextBox>

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

<tr>  

 

 

<td align="center">

 

<asp:LinkButton ID="SortCategoryID" CommandName="Sort" CommandArgument="CategoryID" runat="server" Text="CategoryID"></asp:LinkButton>

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

</table>

 

</HeaderTemplate>

 

<ItemTemplate> <%

 

 

 

# Eval("CategoryID")%>

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="QuantityPerUnit" HeaderText="Valor" UniqueName="QuantityPerUnit" AllowFiltering="True">

 

<HeaderTemplate >

 

<table>

 

<tr>

 

<td>

 

<asp:TextBox ID="txt_fQuantityPerUnit" runat="server" onkeydown="doFilter(this,event,'QuantityPerUnit')" ></asp:TextBox>

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

<tr>

 

<td align="center">

 

<asp:LinkButton ID="SortQuantityPerUnit" CommandName="Sort" CommandArgument="QuantityPerUnit" runat="server" Text="QuantityPerUnit"></asp:LinkButton>

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

</table>

 

</HeaderTemplate>

 

<ItemTemplate><%

 

# Eval("QuantityPerUnit")%>

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="UnitPrice" HeaderText="UnitPrice" UniqueName="UnitPrice" AllowFiltering="True">

 

<HeaderTemplate >

 

<table>

 

<tr>

 

<td>

 

<asp:TextBox ID="txt_fUnitPrice" runat="server" onkeydown="doFilter(this,event,'UnitPrice')" ></asp:TextBox>

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

<tr>

 

<td align="center">

 

<asp:LinkButton ID="SortUnitPrice" CommandName="Sort" CommandArgument="UnitPrice" runat="server" Text="UnitPrice"></asp:LinkButton>

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

</table>

 

</HeaderTemplate>

 

<ItemTemplate> <%

 

 

 

# Eval("UnitPrice")%>

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="UnitsInStock" HeaderText="UnitsInStock" UniqueName="UnitsInStock" AllowFiltering="True">

 

<HeaderTemplate >

 

<table>

 

<tr>

 

<td>

 

<asp:TextBox ID="txt_fUnitsInStock" runat="server" onkeydown="doFilter(this,event,'UnitsInStock')" ></asp:TextBox>

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

<tr>

 

<td align="center">

 

<asp:LinkButton ID="SortUnitsInStock" CommandName="Sort" CommandArgument="UnitsInStock" runat="server" Text="UnitsInStock"></asp:LinkButton>

 

</td>

 

</tr>

 

</table>

 

</HeaderTemplate>

 

<ItemTemplate><%

 

 

 

# Eval("UnitsInStock")%>

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

</Columns>

 

</MasterTableView>

 

<ClientSettings Selecting-AllowRowSelect="true">

 

</ClientSettings>

 

<GroupingSettings CaseSensitive="false" />

 

</telerik:RadGrid>

 

 

 

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
1 answer
129 views
Hi ,
I have Nested Grid.. I need to add new row to detail Table on click of button in Parent Grid.. I need to make Detail table visible and new row to be added when parent table button is clicked. Please provide me a solution to this.
Marin
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
3 answers
201 views
Hi,

I have a problem. I have a server side event lstbox_profiles_Deleting and when I delete one item the event is not firing
My client code looks like this:

 

 

<telerik:RadListBox runat="server" ID="profiles" Width="500px" Height="600px" OnDeleting="lstbox_profiles_Deleting" AutoPostBack="true"

 

 

 

AllowReorder="True" Skin="Office2007" AllowDelete="True">

 

 

 

<Items>

 

 

 

<telerik:RadListBoxItem Text="Birthday present for Emily" />

 

 

 

<telerik:RadListBoxItem Text="Birthday present for Emily" />

 

 

 

</Items>

 

 

 

</telerik:RadListBox>

 


Thanks for your help.
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
4 answers
352 views
I'm trying to find out how to center the Edit Form (FormTemplate) within the grid. In my case, the Edit Form is a user control and then buttons for Update/Cancel. The height of the FormTemplate and all of it's controls is less than that of the grid (i.e. you can see grid rows in addition to the row containing the form when you're editing). What I'd like to happen is when the user clicks on Edit that the Edit Form would center itself vertically within the grid (to prevent the bottom portion of the form from being off-screen and requiring the user to scroll the grid manually to see the entire Edit form).

Does anyone know if it's possible to do this kind of thing?

Thanks,

Jon
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
1 answer
133 views
The FormCreated example code contains an error; you can't assign e.Container.Appointment.Start (a DateTime) directly to a string (startDate.Text).

-- 
Stuart
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Oct 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?