Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
171 views
Hi,

I have a problem when i want to export RadGrid data into PDF format.
All non-english charachters (Hebrew) changes into '#' charachters.

Best regards,
Igor


Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
3 answers
123 views
I am reading up on the accessibility of the RadEditor control.

On ms-help://telerik.aspnetajax.radcontrols.2010.Q1/telerik.aspnetajax.radeditor.2010.Q1/standards-compliance-and-browser-support.html

Can you please clarify what this means:

Accessibility - Telerik RadEditor satisfies the requirements for accessibility, which is a result of the following:
- the interface of the Telerik RadEditor is "Level A" accessible (in accordance with the W3C Web Accessibility Guidelines 1.0).
- the content generated by the Telerik RadEditor can become accessible if the author fills in all required fields (marked with a special accessibility icon  ). 
  

Assuming that users fulfil the requirements of accessibility (identified by the symbol), what level of accessibility (A, AA, AAA) does the editor output? What settings are required to achieve this?

Update: to be clear, I'm asking about the generated mark-up from the user via the editor, not the editor UI itself.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
1 answer
225 views
I have a case with following control structure (described below), even thought the Ajax is happening and the target drop down is being populated, the client events are not being fired.

UserControl
  --> RadCombo: Inside it I have an item template which has a RadTreeView, the structure like this

    
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="lstTransTypes" runat="server" MarkFirstMatch="true" Skin="Vista"
            EmptyMessage="Select tranaction Type" AllowCustomText="true" Width="100%" AutoPostBack="True"
            OnSelectedIndexChanged="lstTransTypes_SelectedIndexChanged">
            <ItemTemplate>
                <div id="div1">
                    <telerik:RadTreeView ID="tvwTransTypes" DataFieldID="id" DataFieldParentID="parentid"
                        Skin="Vista" CheckBoxes="true" CheckChildNodes="true" DataTextField="valuetext"
                        runat="server" Width="400px" Height="250px" OnNodeCheck="tvwTransTypes_NodeCheck">
                        <DataBindings>
                            <telerik:RadTreeNodeBinding Expanded="False" />
                        </DataBindings>
                    </telerik:RadTreeView>
                </div>
            </ItemTemplate>
            <Items>
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem />
            </Items>
        </telerik:RadComboBox>

and the Ajax proxy is setup like this:
<telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="AjaxManagerProxy1" runat="server">
    <AjaxSettings>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="lstTransTypes">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lstFilter" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" UpdatePanelHeight="" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
       
      
    </AjaxSettings>
             
</telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>

Marin
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
4 answers
381 views
Hi,
Is it possible to return the WeekNumber of a RadCalendar on PostBack?
I need to pass the weeknumber (and probably the year also) to my function so that I can return sales for this week.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
3 answers
349 views
If you set a CustomValdiator on a Rad control (any one), but do NOT set a ControlToValidate property (this is perfectly legal per MS: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9eee01cx(VS.80).aspx) but you DO set SetFocus = "true," it will throw a Javascript error when executed because it is trying to resolve a reference to the ControlToValidate without first checking if the property was set.

Here's a snippet of the file.  The error occurs on the last line where it attempts to get the style of object "g." 
Telerik.Web.UI.RadInputControl.registerClass("Telerik.Web.UI.RadInputControl",Telerik.Web.UI.RadWebControl);
if(typeof(ValidatorSetFocus)=="function"){ValidatorSetFocus=function(d,a){var g;
if(typeof(d.controlhookup)=="string"){var f;
if((typeof(a)!="undefined")&&(a!=null)){if((typeof(a.srcElement)!="undefined")&&(a.srcElement!=null)){f=a.srcElement;
}else{f=a.target;
}}if((typeof(f)!="undefined")&&(f!=null)&&(typeof(f.id)=="string")&&(f.id==d.controlhookup)){g=f;
}}if((typeof(g)=="undefined")||(g==null)){g=document.getElementById(d.controltovalidate);
}var c=false;
if((g.style)&&(typeof(g.style.visibility)!="undefined")&&(g.style.visibility=="hidden")&&(typeof(g.style.width)!="undefined")&&(document.getElementById(g.id+"_text")||document.getElementById(g.id+"_dateInput_text"))&&(g.tagName.toLowerCase()=="input"||g.tagName.toLowerCase()=="textarea")){c=true;

It should check if g == null before doing this.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Drag RadInput onto form
  2. Drag CustomValidator onto form
  3. Set OnServerVadliate to a proper function and add the function to the CodeBehind file
  4. Set SetFocus = "true"
  5. Run form
  6. Observe "Object expected" error

Sample CustomValidator control:

<asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator1" runat="server" SetFocus="true" OnServerValidate="CheckSelectedClients" CssClass="validation-error" ErrorMessage="CustomValidator1"></asp:CustomValidator>

Sample Server side validation function:
protected void CheckSelectedClients(object source, ServerValidateEventArgs args)
{
    try
    {
        if (selSelectedClientFamily.Items.Count > 0)
            args.IsValid = true;
        else
            args.IsValid = false;
    }
    catch (Exception)
    {
        args.IsValid = false;
    }
}
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
1 answer
175 views
I've had a request to have the grid grouping option to ignore paging for the last group on a page if a group is to be continued on next page and wondered if anyone knows how to do this?

For instance, if I have my paging set to 10 items per page, have grouping applied, and there are three groups, each containing 4 items, I want the final group to show all 4 items (just like the first 2) instead of displaying

"(Showing 2 of 4 items.Group continues on the next page.)"

I know there could be a speed issue if the third group has a large number of items, but thats what I need.
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
7 answers
289 views
Any word on when a Scheduler HeaderTemplate is coming out? From what I can see searching, I'm not the only one who really really really needs this.

For the record, my needs are:
1. Date is *centered*
2. Left and right navigation arrows are spread out and on either side of the date, as one would intuitively expect.
3. 2 additional tabs that go to new pages (example "109828_CustomView.zip" from another post helps with this)
4. Get rid of that "today" link.

Thanks!
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
2 answers
133 views
Hi,

I have added button column to radGrid. On click,  I want to move that data to another radGrid. HOW DO I GET THAT "ON CLICK" event ?

Please help.....
Smiely
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
1 answer
93 views
I have a RadListBox where I drag from it to a RadTreeView, so EnableDragAndDrop is set to "true".  While I'm dragging over my RadListBox, or any other RadListBox on the page with EnableDragAndDrop = "true", a small arrow appears to the left of the RadListBoxItem that I'm hovering over.  (See attached screenshot).

I don't know if this matters but AllowReorder is also set to "false" on all the RadListBoxes.

It seems to the user like the arrow is trying to indicate that the RadListBoxItem can be dropped in a different position or on another RadListBox even though that is not the case.

Is there a way I can hide the small arrow?
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?