Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
77 views
I am using teh Rad combo Box in teh Telrik Grid templete column. i am binding that with datasource. right now there are three values in it. when i am selecting the value and click the mouse somewhere
Victor
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 10 Nov 2010
2 answers
105 views

This is an fyi post for anyone one who might be have a simular problem.  I plan on submitting a problem ticket as well.  

I have a project which requires two listboxes (transfer back and forth).  The "select from listbox" contains a list of Clients (with each client having a corresponding time zone.  One of the requirements is have a dropdown containing time zones just below the "select from listbox".  When you select a timezone from the dropdown, the Listbox should select all Clients with matching timezones (so you can easily transfer all clients for that time zone). 

No real problem so far, I simply added the RadListBoxItems to the Listbox one at a time looping through the datatable setting the time zone of the client to the tooltip of the RadListBoxItem.  With some javascript I snagged from the forums here I was able to loop through the listbox and compare the tooltip with the dropdown selected value, selecting the item if it matches.

Instead of turning on AutoPostBackOnTransfer, I added a button "Sort Lists" that can be clicked if the user feels the need to sort the lists.  

Here's where the problem occurs, it seems as though any RadListBoxItem that is moved during the SortItems process looses it's tooltip (if an item isn't moved the tooltip will reamin).

I was able to work around this problem by adding an attribute to the RadListBoxItem (it seems attributes do persist after a sort) and then looping through the ListBox after SortItems and reassigning the Tooltip.

markup :

<table><tr>
     <td valign="top">
          <asp:Label ID="lblPracticeSelect" runat="server" Text="Practice Select:"></asp:Label><br />
          <telerik:RadListBox ID="rlbPracticeSelect" runat="server" Height="257px" Width="225px" 
                                  AllowTransfer="True" AllowTransferOnDoubleClick="True" EnableDragAndDrop="True" 
                 EnableMarkMatches="true" SelectionMode="Multiple" TransferToID="rlbPracticeSearch">
                    <ButtonSettings TransferButtons="All"  />
          </telerik:RadListBox>
                <br />
                <br />
          <asp:Label ID="Label3" runat="server" Text="Time Zone:" Visible="false" />
          <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlTimeZone" runat="server"  Width="185px" OnChange="selectItems()">
               <asp:ListItem Selected="True" Text="Select Practice(s) in Time Zone" Value="0" />
               <asp:ListItem Text="EST" Value="EST" />
               <asp:ListItem Text="CST" Value="CST" />
               <asp:ListItem Text="MST" Value="MST" />
               <asp:ListItem Text="PST" Value="PST" />
               <asp:ListItem Text="AKST" Value="AKST" />
               <asp:ListItem Text="HST" Value="HST" />
          </asp:DropDownList>
     </td>
     <td align="left" valign="top">
          <asp:Label ID="lblPracticeSearch" runat="server" Text="Practice Search:"></asp:Label><br />
          <telerik:RadListBox ID="rlbPracticeSearch" runat="server" Width="180px" Height="257px" 
                    AllowTransfer="True" AllowTransferOnDoubleClick="True" EnableDragAndDrop="True" 
                    EnableMarkMatches="true" SelectionMode="Multiple" TransferToID="rlbPracticeSelect">
                    <ButtonSettings ShowTransfer="false" ShowTransferAll="false" />
          </telerik:RadListBox>
                <br />
                <br />
          <asp:Label ID="lblTimeZone" runat="server" Text=""></asp:Label>
          <asp:CustomValidator ID="cvPractice" runat="server" ValidationGroup="SearchSummary" 
                    Display="Dynamic" ErrorMessage="Please select at least one Practice." 
                    ClientValidationFunction="ValidatePractices"> </asp:CustomValidator>
     </td>
<tr>
     <td  colspan=2>
          <asp:Button ID="btnSort" runat="server" Text="Sort Lists" Width="80px" />
     </td>
</tr>
</table>

javascript:
<telerik:RadScriptBlock ID="RadScriptBlock1" runat="server">
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">        
     function filterListBox(sender, e) {
  
            var list = $find("<%= rlbPracticeSelect.ClientID %>");
            var tz = document.getElementById('<%=ddlTimeZone.ClientID %>');
  
            var items = list.get_items();
            for (var i = 0; i < items.get_count(); i++) {
                var item = items.getItem(i);
                  
                var itemTimeZone = item._element.title;
                item.unselect();
                if (itemTimeZone == tz.value) {
                    //list.transferToDestination(item);
                    item.select();
                    item.scrollIntoView();
                }
            }
             
        }</script>  
      
    </telerik:RadScriptBlock>

code behind:
Private Sub LoadPractices()
    Try
        rlbPracticeSelect.Items.Clear()
        rlbPracticeSearch.Items.Clear()
        Dim dt As DataTable = GetAllPractices()
        If dt.Rows.Count > 0 Then
            With rlbPracticeSelect
                Dim dr As DataRow
                For Each dr In dt.Rows
                    Dim rItem As New RadListBoxItem(dr("Name").ToString, dr("ID").ToString)
                    rItem.ToolTip = dr("TimeZone").ToString
                    rItem.Attributes.Add("TimeZone", dr("TimeZone").ToString)
                    .Items.Add(rItem)
                Next
            End With
        End If
    Catch ex As Exception
        Dim sError As String = ex.Message
    Finally
    End Try
End Sub

when the sort button is clicked:
Private Sub btnSort_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnSort.Click
    rlbPracticeSearch.SortItems()
    rlbPracticeSelect.SortItems()
    Dim itmSelect As RadListBoxItem
    For Each itmSelect In rlbPracticeSelect.Items
        itmSelect.ToolTip = itmSelect.Attributes("TimeZone")
    Next
    Dim itmSearch As RadListBoxItem
    For Each itmSearch In rlbPracticeSearch.Items
        itmSearch.ToolTip = itmSearch.Attributes("TimeZone")
    Next
End Sub

Matthew Johnson
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
1 answer
119 views
I've added a chart to my project and am now getting this error. This is an old project I inherited from another programmer. I'm using Q!2010 now, there weren't any Telerik controls previously, or maybe there were and when they weren't used it wasn't cleaned up properly. Anyway I have no idea how to remove anything from the GAC so if someone could help me out here...

CS0433: The type 'Telerik.Charting.Styles.FillStyleSeries' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\4d20d014\b4535af6\assembly\dl3\0a6c2faf\0053f0c5_92f6ca01\Telerik.Web.UI.DLL' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Telerik.Charting\2.0.1.0__d14f3dcc8e3e8763\Telerik.Charting.dll'

Thanks,
Celeste
Celeste
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
1 answer
88 views
Greetings,

I have been working with a site where administrators can change the color of the site. I have been trying to style my PanelBar to inherit the values from parent. I have tried some of the style examples provided with demo and few different ways. So far I had no luck. I was wondering if there is simple setting I can set to make background color to parent color?

Thanks in advance
Atchuta
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
1 answer
118 views
Hi all,
what i am trying to do is have two treeviews on a page.  one is bound to a datasource with checkboxes.

What i want to happen is that as a user checks the checkboxes in one treeview, just the checked items appear in the second treeview.

I tried to bind the second treeview to the RadTreeView1.Checknodes list, but that list does not maintain the different levels of the item.  eg.  a list like
  • A
    • B
    • C
    • D
  • E
    • F

So if i select A (that is set to select all the children as well) binding to the checkednodes just gives a flat treeview

  • A
  • B
  • C
  • D

I want to to come out indented as the original.

Note: if B is selected, A is selected as a partial selection (tristate checkbox) so the full branch should always be selected.

Ideas?

Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
10 answers
478 views
Hi,

    I am using Rad Combobox . on Clicking on the Radcombox Autocomplete results are displaying and tab navigation autocomplete results are not displaying.

following is the code :

<

 

span class="">

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddlBusinessInd" runat="server" Width="110px" AutoPostBack="True"

 

 

OnSelectedIndexChanged="ddlBusinessInd_SelectedIndexChanged1" Filter="Contains" DropDownWidth ="200px"

 

 

MarkFirstMatch="True" meta:resourcekey="ddlBusinessIndResource1">

 

 

</telerik:RadComboBox>

 

 

</span>

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddlBusCategory" runat="server" Width="110px" Filter="Contains" NoWrap ="true" DropDownWidth ="200px"

 

 

MarkFirstMatch="True" meta:resourcekey="ddlBusCategoryResource1">

 

 

</telerik:RadComboBox>

 

 

<span class="fsMargin">

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddlCountry" runat="server" Width="110px" Filter="Contains" NoWrap ="true" DropDownWidth ="200px"

 

 

MarkFirstMatch="True" meta:resourcekey="ddlCountryResource1">

 

 

</telerik:RadComboBox>

 

 

</span>


And in the above Code  ddlBusinessInd And ddlBusCategory and Depends each other :

When i select Industries from the Combobox i am getting Followin Error : 
    htmlfile: Could not complete the operation due to error 800a025e.

Please Provide the Solution.

 

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
1 answer
76 views
Hi,

In Google Chrome (tested in ver. 8 dev and 9 dev.) RadEditor throws an  exception "INVALID_ACCESS_ERR: DOM Exception 15" only if EditModes is set to "Preview". Exactly the same RadEditor, but with EditModes="Design" works fine. I'm using RadControls version 2010.3.1109. Problem was in the previous versions too.
In the Firefox 3.6.12 same RadEditor works fine in both modes.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
1 answer
100 views
Hi,
We've have a radrotator on a page (see http://www.playitback.org/player.aspx?f=257&c=387 as example)  in which users can scroll through sets of slides.  When the user clicks on a slide, the OnItemClick="ShowImage" is triggered and the image is updated with a new source.  The problem I am having is that when a user clicks on image which is located after the initial set (e.g. slide 11), then the position of the RadRotator rewinds and positions back at the start.

Is there anyway of implementing it so that it doesn't reset the scroll position?

Thanks
R
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
4 answers
194 views
Hi..

I'm having trouble with Radrotator Slideshow.

I've had the Radrotator Slideshow with animation type "Fade" for quite a while now. It has been working flawlessly for quite a while as a "banner" module for my project.

I recently updated telerik (for some other reason), so It's the newest version.. Now I also want to add buttons to my slideshow, to allow going back or forward in my banner module. I still want it to work like slideshow though, automatically rotating, like it always have.

So what I did was:
- Add javascript:
    function showNextItem(dir, id) {
        var oRotator = $find(id);
        if (dir == 0) {
            oRotator.showNext(Telerik.Web.UI.RotatorScrollDirection.Right);
        }
        else {
            oRotator.showNext(Telerik.Web.UI.RotatorScrollDirection.Left);
        }
    }

- And add two images OUTSIDE the radrotator with onclick functions like showNextItem(1,'<% =rotator.ClientID %>');

.. At first sight it worked perfectly, but after testing a little, I soon realised that in IE, after clicking abit and letting it scroll a bit (and perhaps change window and back again), the buttons stop working. :-( I can't reproduce the same error in firefox.

Edit: I CAN reproduce the same error in firefox, and in Firefox the slideshow also seems to stop when the problem occurs.

Any Ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Jørgen.
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
1 answer
145 views
Hello,

I want to add umlauts and assent mark as symbol in telerik rad editor.
How do i add them in tools file?
I tried adding an accent mark say é, but the editor failed.

Regards,
Trupti
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?