Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
52 views
Hi,

Almost finished this project with the old controls (phew). The problem I am having can best be seen in the two images in this zip file.

Upon a return to search, the PageSize TextBox in the pager is not being displayed on load. However, as soon as the user clicks on any of the page links, the PageSize TextBox re-appears.

This is not a catastrophic result. But it does look unprofessional and I would like to resolve it.

If anyone recognises these symptoms, your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
2 answers
126 views
Hi

I have a page called LocationSearch.aspx that has RadGrid that lists Locations. 

If you have one selected and you click an Edit button at the top of the page a RadWindow appears.

In it, a separate page called AddEditLocations.aspx that gives you a form populated with the selected locations details.

My RadWindow declaration looks like this.

<telerik:RadWindow ID="rwAddLocation" NavigateUrl="AddEditLocation.aspx" Title="Add/Edit Location" Modal="true" runat="server" Width="700" Height="600" /> 
            

The Edit button has an OnClick event that calls this javascript on the LocationSearch page.

function showAddLocationForm(){
    var win = $find("<%#rwAddLocation.ClientID %>");
    win.show();
    win.center();
}

This works a treat.

However, now that I am in the RadWindow's AddEditLocation page, I need to do 3 things.

1. I need to have an OnClick event that posts back so I can write to the DB.

2. Next, I need the RadWindow to Close

3. I need to LocationSearch page to refresh it's RadGrid to reflect data that may have changed during the edit.

Point 1 I have sussed. However I can't work out how this RadWindow can close itself or how it can get the parent page to refresh.

The reason we put the edit form in a separate page is that we need to reuse it elsewhere on the site. It remains an option that I may have to put the AddEditLocation.aspx form in the RadWindow on the LocationSearch page. We would rather not do that but if I had to be that way let me know please.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Brad

Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
5 answers
113 views
On the top of my page is a ribbon bar, when I execute some code on the page that executes an ajax postabck without the whole page posting back as a resullt it blanks all the buttons on the selected tab, they do return if I switch tabs and go back to it though. I should also add that the ribbonbar is in my master page and the ajax requests occur in the content page.
Albert
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
2 answers
110 views
Hi, I noticed the ability the make big buttons has been added but only 65px or greater. How do you make a button say 45px in height?
Daniel
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 04 Jul 2011
0 answers
64 views
Hi Team,

i am using Radtree and RadCombo(containing Radtree inside) in my project .some times when clicking on radtree or radcombo getting the following errror "message received from the server cannot be parsed".

i am using ajax setting in my project :
<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="rdMasterAjaxManager" EventName="rdMasterAjaxManager_AjaxRequest">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="rdcmbTreeview" />
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Radtree1" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
when ever AjaxRequest is firing i am updating both the controls.

please help me.

Regards,
Naveen M



Naveen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 04 Jul 2011
5 answers
139 views
Hello,

Is there a way to shrink the gaps between the buttons (first, prev, next, last) and the numbers of the DataPager? I've looked at the DataPage.xxxx.css file, but couldn't figure out how to achieve that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tri.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jul 2011
4 answers
155 views
I'm creating a GridHyperLinkColumn programattically.

I'd need to add an attribute of rel="shadowbox" to the <a> tag which is created by this control.

and I added this code:

protected override void RdGridItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
        {
            base.RdGridItemCreated(sender, e);


            if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
            {
                // enable shadowbox
                var item = (GridDataItem) e.Item;
                var link = (HyperLink)item["Code"].Controls[0];
                link.Attributes.Add("rel", "shadowbox");
            }
        }

which adds the shadowbox rel element.

But shadowbox control doesn't work with it.

Is there any known issues between RadGrid and ShadowBox?

Many thanks
Pooya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Jul 2011
1 answer
1.5K+ views
I'm using the RadAjaxManagerProxy to ajaxify a control.

There are certain scenarios where I need to do a full page refresh when this control does a postback.  The logic that knows when the full page refresh is needed happens on the server.  So, what happens is the client initiates the partial page refresh, but then the server side code needs to override that and force a full page refresh.  I'm currently doing this by calling Response.Redirect to the same page, but that's causing some problems.  Is there another way for the server side code to override the partial page refresh and force it to refresh the full page? 
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jul 2011
2 answers
72 views
Hello there. I have an issue which is:
I am about to print this page --> Attachment 1. picture.

After successfully exported and printed, all table is no format and column.
Attachment No 2.
Please help me what should I do?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jul 2011
5 answers
292 views
Please can you help me on this 
i try this code 

ViewState["CallenderType"] = rbGregHijri.SelectedValue;
 
        CultureInfo info = new CultureInfo ( ViewState["CallenderType"] == null ? "ar-SA" : ViewState["CallenderType"].ToString ( ) );
       Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = info;
       Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = info;
        object calendar;
        if (info.ToString ( ) == "ar-SA")
        {
            calendar = new HijriCalendar ( );
            info.DateTimeFormat.Calendar = (HijriCalendar)calendar;
            Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat.Calendar = new HijriCalendar ( );
            Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture.DateTimeFormat.Calendar = new HijriCalendar ( );
        }
        else
        {
            calendar = new GregorianCalendar ( );
            info.DateTimeFormat.Calendar = (GregorianCalendar)calendar;
            Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat.Calendar = new GregorianCalendar ( );
            Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture.DateTimeFormat.Calendar = new GregorianCalendar ( );
        }
        this.rdtpPriceFrom.Culture = info; 
        this.rdtpPriceFrom.Calendar.CultureInfo = info;  


Regards

Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?