Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
234 views
Dear All,

Here is my scenario, I am opening a Radwindow from my Parentpage. I have a button on my parentpage which I am using to save some data,  when I click on the button the radwindow disappears its destroyed. Please let me know how can I rectify this issue. Please note that I don't want to cancel the postback of my button which is on the ParentPage as i need to save some data on the button click and also I don't want to make the Radwindow as modal window. Can I capture the parentpage button event on my radwindow page. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Noor hussain.
Noor hussain
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
103 views
We use the RadInputManager to a validate TextBox. When validation fails an error message is displayed in the textbox. When i enter the TextBox to correct the error the TextBox is empty!

Below the code:
<telerik:RegExpTextBoxSetting BehaviorID="RegExpTextBoxSetting3" IsRequiredFields="true" Validation-IsRequired="true"
 ValidationExpression="^.*(?=.{6,})(?=.*\d)(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*[@#$%^&+=]).*$">
     <%--Must be at least 10 characters
     Must contain at least one one lower case letter, one upper case letter, one digit and one special character
     Valid special characters (which are configurable) are -   @#$%^&+=--%>
     <TargetControls>
         <telerik:TargetInput ControlID="tbPassword" />
     </TargetControls>
 </telerik:RegExpTextBoxSetting>
<asp:TextBox ID="tbPassword" runat="server" CssClass="FormTextBox"></asp:TextBox>

What is going wrong here?

Regards,
Dick van Straaten
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
188 views
Hi,
I have created the user control ASP.net application, treelist was added as one of the control in user control page. In the main page i have added this user control at runtime. i.e based on the records return from the database i am try to create a new instance of user control and adding to main page. i was able to show the different tree list on the screen. But when i try to expand and collape the cutome added user control it was not working. ie. When i expand the tree list it is working fine. But when i click the collapse icon. it is still in expand state.

Is there any way that we can custome the expand and collapse event of the Tree list.
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
68 views
Hi,

I am creating a webpart for sharepoint.  Webpart contains telerik controls.  I want my webpart to be independent of the telerik control versions, meaning if I update the version of my telerik controls, webpart will still works.  Another thing is that we plan not to deploy telerik into GAC.  Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

Albert
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
109 views
Just created a new Q2 beta project and added the new RadImageEditor to a test page. The Styles do not get applied to the designer.

Also, another issue is the Tools property selector launches the Tools Collection Editor, but it can only currently add/remove/re-organize groups. Sub-items cannot be added through the editor. Will this eventually allow us to add sub-items by righ-clicking the group or by having a smart Add button that knows to add a sub-item when the group item is selected?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
148 views
Hello,

I am giving a try on using dropdownlist controls inside RadFilter, using some samples for RadFilterDropDownEditor. I've passed the samples to my project and it works fine except for the following.
RadFiler is "connected" to a Grid, where data is shown.
You choose your filter expression. You can add "dropdownlisted" fields, normal fields or both.
When pushing the "Apply" button, the grid gets filtered (all goes right) and the normal fields in filter mantain their value. However, the "dropdownlisted" fields (sorry for the name) get converted into textboxes, with dordown's selected value inside.
If you, then, add another expression (anyone), "dropdownlisted" fields convert again in dropdownlists, but loose selected value.

I've been analysing differences between your code and mine, and the only thing that could make the difference is tha I've got an Ajax manager, that manages filter's and grid's postbacks (and other controls').

Do you have any idea about what I am doing wrong?

Thaks in advance
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
134 views
Hi,
i have a RADToolTipManager in my web page. The problem i am facing is that after the web page loads, the pointer of the tool tip shifts to the left of the target control by around 50px.
<telerik:RadToolTipManager ID="InvoiceToolTipManager" runat="server" Position="TopCenter"  EnableShadow="true" Animation="Fade" RelativeTo="Element" Skin="Web20" CssClass="toolTip" AutoCloseDelay="30000">
        <WebServiceSettings Method="GetToolTipData" Path="/Help/ToolTipService.asmx"/>
/telerik:RadToolTipManager>

I have read in some posts that this is probably because the tool tip manager does not have a width defined. The problem i have is that the data is for Help text and i do not want to go with a fixed width.
So is it possible to have a flexible width for the control based on the length of the text that is coming from the target web service?

Ullas
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
3 answers
150 views

If dataitem.ItemIndex() = 1Then

If d
ataitem(columnName(1)).Text <>"nbsp" Then

link.Font.Underline = True

 

link.Text = dataitem(columnName(1)).Text

link.NavigateUrl = HyprUrl + monthyear(1)

dataitem(columnName(1)).Controls.Add(link)

End If

 


If
dataitem(columnName(2)).Text <> "nbsp" Then
l
ink.Font.Underline = True

link.NavigateUrl = HyprUrl + monthyear(2)

link.Text = dataitem(columnName(2)).Text

dataitem(columnName(2)).Controls.Add(link)

End If

 

If dataitem(columnName(3)).Text <>"&nbsp" Then

link.Font.Underline = True

 

link.NavigateUrl = HyprUrl + monthyear(3)

link.Text = dataitem(columnName(3)).Text

dataitem(columnName(3)).Controls.Add(link)

end if

 

 

Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
4 answers
506 views
Hello,

I have a placeholder inside an update panel as showing in the below Code block.
<tr>
<
td>
<
asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel36" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
<
ContentTemplate>
<
asp:PlaceHolder runat="server" ID="Fields">
</
asp:PlaceHolder>
</
ContentTemplate>
<
Triggers>
<
asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="DropDownList2" />
</
Triggers>
</
asp:UpdatePanel>
</
td>
</
tr>
I dynamically create some Comboboxes as showing below
.....
Dim dropDownList As DropDownList
dropDownList =
New DropDownList
dropDownList.ID = array_action_ids(i)
dropDownList.Visible =
True
dropDownList.DataSourceID =
"SqlDataSource2"
dropDownList.DataTextField =
"LEGAL_PHONE_NUMBER"
dropDownList.DataValueField =
"LEGAL_PHONE_ID"
Fields.Controls.Add(GetLiteral("<td>"))
Fields.Controls.Add(dropDownList)
Fields.Controls.Add(GetLiteral(
"</td>"))
.....

I also have a submit button.
I want to get the selected value of the dropdownlist when the button is clicked.

I tried
Dim dropdownlist_phone As DropDownList = CType(Fields.FindControl("DropDownList_Phone"), DropDownList)

but it didn't work. I also tried
Dim temp_Placeholder as Placeholder = CType(UpdatePanel36.FindControl("Fields"), Placeholder)
Dim
dropdownlist_phone As DropDownList = CType(temp_Placeholder.FindControl("DropDownList_Phone"), DropDownList)

but it didnt either work.
The controls of the Fields placeholder seems to be nothing in both approaches.

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance,
Peny

Peny
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
9 answers
532 views
Hi ,
I am using rad tab strip and rad multi page view .On click of particular tab i want to show a particular aspx page .
with tab strip remaining static,it should not navigat away on a separate page .
Each multi page should hold a separate aspx page
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?