Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
86 views
Hi Guys,

I'm getting this error when I start to use the RadEditor inside the RadGrid: I created a dummy web page and the RadEditor was totally functional, so I cut and paste it into the RadGrid on another page and the resulting error is happening. What could be the problem?

Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumnCollection must have items of type 'Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumn'. 'telerik:RadEditor' is of type 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadEditor'.

William
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
3 answers
89 views
Hi Telerik Support

I'm trying to use the Drag and Drop functionality of the RadListBox in my project but without success.

I have looked at the demonstration page which works fine. However when I created a new aspx file in my VS2010 project and copied the demonstration code into it, the Drag and Drop functionality did not work - the transfer buttons did work.
I am developing using Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7 (SP1) and using .NET4 with RadControls ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2010.

I would welcome any suggestions.

Many thanks

Len Jones
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
152 views
OK, excuse this question if it's a simple solution. I'm not a code monkey and have limited experience with Sharepoint development. I was tasked with adding a Wiki to my company's current Sharepoint site. Easy enough with the existing Wiki built in.

The user's of the site want to be able to insert a link into a wiki page that will open a pop up window and display some text. I know how to create a pop up with Javascript or HTML but don't know how to implement it as a toolbar button that a user can click enter some text for the displayed link and then enter the text that will be displayed in the pop up window. It looks like i should be able to do this with RadEditor Lite but I'm a little lost. If anyone can offer some help it would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Eric
Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
293 views
Hello,

I have a RadAjaxManager which fires FileUploaded when the file is uploaded, but when I do a postback, the event is fired another time !

How can I specify that I only want the ajax feature (I do a SaveAs() in FileUploaded, so when the second event is fired, it throw an error)

Thank you in advance !
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
3 answers
162 views

Hello ,

i have a dynamically created raddock , ( from the example)  but i have set is radDockZoneID  to " " so it would be floating once it is created , i want to creat a command that makes it docked back when clicked, and if its docked it will return to its floating position again ?
Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
184 views
Hi,

When setting custom attributes server-side, it seems like IE9 leaks some memory when posting an updatepanel.

Sample:
<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="menumem.aspx.vb" Inherits="WebApplication4.menumem" %>
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="ccc" runat="server">
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
    <div>
        <asp:UpdatePanel ID="up" runat="server" ChildrenAsTriggers="true" UpdateMode="Conditional">
            <ContentTemplate>
                <asp:Button ID="aa" runat="server" Text="Hit me multiple times" />
                <telerik:RadMenu ID="rm" runat="server">
                    <Items>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Test">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Test">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Test">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Test">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Test">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Test">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                    </Items>
                </telerik:RadMenu>
            </ContentTemplate>
        </asp:UpdatePanel>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

Code behind:
Public Class menumem
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
 
    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        For Each rmi As Telerik.Web.UI.RadMenuItem In rm.Items
            rmi.Attributes("test") = New String("c"c, 200000)
        Next
    End Sub
 
End Class

I have increased the size of the attribute that is set just to make the memory leak more obvious.
Each button click in this sample seems to leaks some memory, at least in IE9-mode!

In our real world application, we do notice this memory leak since we have a top menu that is always updated with updatepanel. The entire application (page) is very rarely reloaded in our application.

Regards
Caesar
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
3 answers
195 views

Hi All,
i have a page in which i am using RadSplitter controls to design my page...
it has two panes header and content panes....
the content pane also has annother splitter which has left and right panes....
the left and right panes has different conent url that will call different pages.

in the left page i am using Rad treeview to get data from database....
i need to load the corresponding navigate url of the node clicked in the right pane which is in the parent page.

i tried to set the following code in the NodeClick event from code behined but nothing happene!!!

e.Node.Target = "ContentPane";

i don't know how to access the right RadPane of the parent page from the child left rad pane!!!

i will be very gratefull for any help...

Thanks
Asa'ad

Asa'ad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
99 views
I have a radgrid which is inside a nestedview. It has an autogenerated Delete button....when clicked, it works great and the grid is refreshed. However, when I "Insert" a new record, the DB is correctly updated but the grid is not refreshed. If I click the refres button on the grid, then all is well again.

Can someone explain why this might happen, and how I might fix it?

Thanks
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
127 views
Hello Telerik Team!

I need your help. I am creating a RadMenu where I wanted to take pictures of and ImageURL HoveredImageURL and use the CSS. But I just can not place at least one image using the CssClass RadMenuItem to bring in a single image, code below:
<telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1" Runat="server">
            <Items>
                <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="" CssClass="btnimage"   NavigateUrl="~/Default2.aspx" >
                </telerik:RadMenuItem>
            </Items>
</telerik:RadMenu>

The CSS File:

.btnimage
{
    background: url('img/unidades.jpg') no-repeat;
}

Note, I am using in my project "Theme", although a direct link in the css class without a path by Theme, did not work. I tried using also the EnableTheming = "true", but it still fails.

Please help me.

Thank you while

Raul
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
1 answer
139 views
Hi people
i have a grid which i add column in code behind.My problem is default scroll postion .I want default postion right of grid
my code is here
<telerik:RadGrid ID="grd"  runat="server"  AutoGenerateColumns="False" 
                    GridLines="None" Skin="Outlook" Width="1116px" 
                    Font-Bold="False" Font-Italic="False" 
                    Font-Overline="False" Font-Strikeout="False" Font-Underline="False" >
                    
<MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="Top" EditMode="InPlace" Dir="RTL"  
                        NoMasterRecordsText="داده ای برای نمایش وجود ندارد" Width="100%" 
                        Font-Names="Tahoma" Font-Size="8.75pt" TableLayout="Fixed" >
    <CommandItemSettings AddNewRecordText="ثبت محل جدید" RefreshText="به روز رسانی" 
        ShowRefreshButton="False"    />
             
  
             
<RowIndicatorColumn>
<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
  
<ItemStyle Width="150px"></ItemStyle>
</RowIndicatorColumn>
             
  
             
    <Columns>
        <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="PushButton"  CancelText="انصراف" 
            EditText="ویرایش" InsertText="ذخیره" UpdateText="ویرایش">
            <HeaderStyle Width="150px" />
            <ItemStyle Width="150px" />
        </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>
        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn  UniqueName="Places_ID_" DataField="Places_ID_" 
            HeaderText="محل"  >
         <EditItemTemplate>
            <telerik:RadComboBox ID="cmbPlaces" Width="200px" EnableItemCaching="true" LoadingMessage="صبر کنید" ShowWhileLoading="true"  ChangeTextOnKeyBoardNavigation="true" ShowDropDownOnTextboxClick="false"    Runat="server" AutoCompleteSeparator=","  AllowCustomText="true" Filter="Contains">
            </telerik:RadComboBox>
           
         </EditItemTemplate>
           <HeaderStyle Width="210px" />
            <ItemStyle Width="210px" />
        <ItemTemplate>
        <asp:Label ID="lblPlaces" CssClass="Lbl"   runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Places_Place") %>'></asp:Label>
        </ItemTemplate>
            <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" VerticalAlign="Middle" />
            <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Right" Width="200px" />
        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
  
  
    </Columns>
             
<EditFormSettings>
<EditColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1"  ></EditColumn>
</EditFormSettings>
    <ItemStyle Font-Names="Tahoma" Font-Size="8.75pt" HorizontalAlign="Center" 
        VerticalAlign="Middle" Width="150px" />
  
<EditItemStyle Width="200px"></EditItemStyle>
  
    <HeaderStyle Font-Bold="False" Font-Italic="False" Font-Names="Tahoma" 
        Font-Overline="False" Font-Size="Small" Font-Strikeout="False" 
        Font-Underline="False" HorizontalAlign="Center" VerticalAlign="Middle"  
        Wrap="True" Width="150px" />
    <CommandItemStyle Width="150px" />
</MasterTableView>
<ClientSettings>
<Scrolling AllowScroll="True"  ScrollHeight="350px"  >
</Scrolling>
</ClientSettings>
  
<EditItemStyle CssClass="test"></EditItemStyle>
  
<ItemStyle CssClass="test" Width="150px"></ItemStyle>
  
<FilterMenu EnableImageSprites="False"></FilterMenu>
  
<HeaderContextMenu CssClass="GridContextMenu GridContextMenu_Outlook"></HeaderContextMenu>
                </telerik:RadGrid>

please help to me for solve this problem.I use RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2010 SP1
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 05 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?