Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
188 views
I have a combobox that has numbers and alpha in the same list.  I need ALL to be the first choice but when I put ascending as a sort option the numbers are above the words.  Example below:

3rd Party
2 Board
ALL
Blade
Cards
Video

Is there a way to get ALL to the top so it looks like this. (See Below)  The choices are being filled from a datasource except for ALL which is being added by using the AppendDataBoundItems= True and Text = ALL
ALL
3rd Party
2 Board
Blade
Cards
Video

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
6 answers
151 views
I specified the user control on the grid to call for update/insert/delete,  

It seems that when I click the Insert button it does call the form, but once clicking the form SUBMIT button (itemcommand = Update) , it returns to the Radgrid1_UpdateCommand()  instead of the RadGrid1_InsertCommand 


what did I do wrong

seems that once the usercontrol is called, it sets as a UPDATE instead of INSERT... 

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
90 views
Good morning, dear Telerik wizards,

Simple scenario.. RadGrid showing fine. On particular context menu click, opening via popup one of a number of DIFFERENT edit user controls. For example:
RGVMyTasksAll.MasterTableView.EditFormSettings.UserControlName = "MemberITaskDelete.ascx";
RGVMyTasksAll.MasterTableView.EditFormSettings.PopUpSettings.Width = 400;
sEditTUID = RGVMyTasksAll.Items[radGridClickedRowIndex].Cells[2].Text;
tName = RGVMyTasksAll.Items[radGridClickedRowIndex].Cells[4].Text;
RGVMyTasksAll.MasterTableView.EditFormSettings.CaptionFormatString = "Deleting Task: " + tName.ToUpper();
RGVMyTasksAll.Items[radGridClickedRowIndex].Edit = true;
ck = new HttpCookie("ITID", sEditTUID);
Response.Cookies.Add(ck);
RGVMyTasksAll.MasterTableView.AllowAutomaticInserts = false;
RGVMyTasksAll.MasterTableView.AllowAutomaticUpdates = false;
RGVMyTasksAll.Rebind();
break;
Probably don't need all of those lines in there... but when the Rebind is executed,the user control pops up just fine. This particular one is focussed on gathering adequate permissions before delete of task is authorized. Delete in this case is NOT a delete of record, but a change of status of a record... so it is really an update.

When done, I get the popup to go away by:
RadGrid rg = (RadGrid)CMFinds.FindControl(p, "RGVMyTasksAll");
rg.AllowAutomaticInserts = false; rg.AllowAutomaticUpdates = false; rg.AllowAutomaticDeletes = false;
rg.MasterTableView.AllowAutomaticInserts = false; rg.MasterTableView.AllowAutomaticUpdates = false; rg.MasterTableView.AllowAutomaticDeletes = false;
rg.MasterTableView.IsItemInserted = false;
rg.MasterTableView.ClearChildEditItems();
rg.Rebind();
My own (better for many complex situations) recursive Find Control locates the calling grid... again not sure that I need all the lines... but it closes, delete (which is change of state) is accomplished earlier, all is well.

Problem: Next time I come in to do another delete, the popup user control contains the data from the PRIOR delete, not the current one.

So two questions:
1. How can I make sure the edit control either unloads inbetween calls or resets the data properly? Important
2. What can I delete from this code as unnecessary? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks.
Chris

Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
89 views
Hello,

Can you provide me with guidance how to create RadGrid just like Ms Access.
Insert row is always visible under current rows and once user leaves a row in insert mode new insert row is created.

thanks


Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
156 views
Hi,

I'm experiencing an issue to add a new column with several buttons there.
Found the article about how to create the item template dynamically, but all those controls are dataBind. (http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grid-programmatic-creation.html)

So, I have a grid created dynamically and binded to the list of objects (some class).
All columns are created dynamically too, since I need only several class properties to be displayed.
And I need to add one more column to the end of the grid with the 2-3 buttons there and I do not see how to add them without binding to the concrete data field.
Each button's click should raise the event and I should know what exact button was pressed and from which row.

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks,
Myxville
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
0 answers
49 views
Ignore, found the solution
OzCoder
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 14 Jul 2011
3 answers
290 views
Inside The Radgrid
I have three RadToolBarButton button .
I want enable false one RadToolBarButton button
how to find control radgrid inside RadToolBarButton

Thanks,
Mohamed.
mohamed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
195 views
For the radtreeview I need to format the next for each node. I do not see a way to do this.
If you can please expain how this is done.

Thank you.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
112 views
My question is...
Can a column header go across 2 columns?

This is what I'm needing

|Open Items by Age |
|Prior   |   Current     |

In this example "Open Items by Age" goes across both columns Prior and current.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kristi
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
4 answers
384 views
Hello I want to get the the index of selected row on Radgridindexchanged event and I am getting problem for that. SelectedIndex property is not available in the RadGrid Please help
Thanks in advance.
abhijeet
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?