Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
319 views
I would like to know at what stage in the ListView lifecycle to set the Selected item so that it takes on the <SelectedItemTemplate> styling.

I tried doing it at the Prerender and I tried at ItemDataBound, but neither changed the itemstyle properly.

Thank you.


This is what I had in the ItemDataBound:

 

if (lvGalleries.SelectedValue == null && item.DisplayIndex==0)  
 
item.Selected = true;  
 

 

 

Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
3 answers
81 views
Hello ,
i have this GridTemplateColumn
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="TotalToSell" UniqueName="colAmountToSell"
                            SortExpression="TotalToSell" >



and i set it's header template to :
<asp:LinkButton ID="SortMe" CommandName="Sort" CommandArgument="TotalToSell" runat="server"
                                    Text='Amount To Sell'></asp:LinkButton>

and im using RadAjaxManager
<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
        <AjaxSettings>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="grdPlanCrops">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="grdPlanCrops" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        </AjaxSettings>
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>



it sorts well but when pressed it shows two loading panels one for grid and other for column !
is there any way to make only 1 loading panel appears ?
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
180 views
I tried the async file upload example from the demos, but within the wizard asp.
The code is this:

 

<asp:Wizard ID="Wizard2" runat="server" 
            ActiveStepIndex="0" BackColor="#EFF3FB" 
                                    BorderColor="#B5C7DE" BorderWidth="1px" 
            Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="0.9em" 
                                    Height="180px" Width="640px" 
                                    onnextbuttonclick="Wizard1_NextButtonClick" 
                                    onsidebarbuttonclick="Wizard1_SideBarButtonClick" 
                                    onfinishbuttonclick="Wizard1_FinishButtonClick">
                                    <HeaderStyle BackColor="#284E98" BorderColor="#EFF3FB" BorderStyle="Solid" 
                                        BorderWidth="2px" Font-Bold="True" Font-Size="0.9em" ForeColor="White" 
                                        HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                    <NavigationButtonStyle BackColor="White" BorderColor="#507CD1" 
                                        BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="0.8em" 
                                        ForeColor="#284E98" />
                                    <SideBarButtonStyle BackColor="#00AEEF" Font-Names="Verdana" 
                                        ForeColor="White" />
                                    <SideBarStyle BackColor="#00AEEF" Font-Size="0.9em" VerticalAlign="Top" 
                                        Width="200px" />
                                    <StepStyle Font-Size="0.8em" ForeColor="#333333" />
                                    <WizardSteps>
                                        <asp:WizardStep runat="server" title="Selección Fecha">
                                            <table align="center" class="style1">
                                                <tr>
                                                    <td class="style3">
                                                        Mes</td>
                                                    <td style="text-align: center">
                                                        <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox3" runat="server" Skin="Windows7">
                                                            <Items>
                                                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Owner="" Text="Enero" Value="01" />
                                                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Owner="" Text="Febreo" Value="02" />
                                                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Owner="" Text="Marzo" Value="03" />
                                                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Owner="" Text="Abril" Value="04" />
                                                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Owner="" Text="Mayo" Value="05" />
                                                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Owner="" Text="Junio" Value="06" />
                                                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Owner="" Text="Julio" Value="07" />
                                                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Owner="" Text="Agosto" Value="08" />
                                                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Owner="" Text="Septiembre" Value="09" />
                                                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Owner="" Text="Octubre" Value="10" />
                                                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Owner="" Text="Noviembre" Value="11" />
                                                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Owner="" Text="Diciembre" Value="12" />
                                                            </Items>
                                                        </telerik:RadComboBox>
                                                    </td>
                                                </tr>
                                                <tr>
                                                    <td class="style3">
                                                        Año</td>
                                                    <td style="text-align: center">
                                                        <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox4" runat="server" Skin="Windows7">
                                                        </telerik:RadComboBox>
                                                    </td>
                                                </tr>
                                                <tr>
                                                    <td class="style3">
                                                         </td>
                                                    <td>
                                                         </td>
                                                </tr>
                                            </table>
                                        </asp:WizardStep>
                                        <asp:WizardStep runat="server" title="Cargar Datos">
                                            <div style="height: 32px">
                                                <br />
                                                  
                                                <telerik:RadAsyncUpload ID="RadAsyncUploadPrueba0" runat="server" 
                                                    AllowedFileExtensions="xls,xlsx" MaxFileInputsCount="1" MaxFileSize="524288" 
                                                    OnClientFileSelected="" OnClientFilesSelected="" 
                                                    OnClientValidationFailed="validationFailed" 
                                                    OnFileUploaded="RadAsyncUpload1_FileUploaded">
                                                    <filefilters>
                                                        <telerik:FileFilter Description="*.xls; *.xlsx" Extensions="xls,xlsx" />
                                                    </filefilters>
                                                </telerik:RadAsyncUpload>
                                                  
                                                <br />
                                            </div>
                                                      
                                        </asp:WizardStep>
                                    </WizardSteps>
                                </asp:Wizard>

the error is in the filter property RadAsyncUpload, can not be established.
Thx a lot.

Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
91 views
Hi!

I've just setup a RadGrid which formats a couple of date columns using a custom format which is retrieved from App.config, just like this in Page_Load ():

if (!IsPostBack)
{
    (RadGridConsulta.Columns.FindByUniqueName ("Creacion") as GridDateTimeColumn).DataFormatString = Audinet.Framework.Aplicacion.Configuracion["format.datetime.short"];
    (RadGridConsulta.Columns.FindByUniqueName ("Modificacion") as GridDateTimeColumn).DataFormatString = Audinet.Framework.Aplicacion.Configuracion["format.datetime.short"];
}


It just works when the list is generated, but when I click the Edit button, the Ajax is triggered but it finally does not render the edit form, returning  again to the general listing.

If I do remove that code, the Edit Form for a record is rendered. I am also setting ReadOnly="true" with no ColumnEditor property set, declaratively, for those date columns since they are auto-generated and need no edition, with no luck.

So, how can I set Column's properties programatically without affecting the display of the Edit Form?

Those are my column definitions:

<%-- Columna Creacion --%>
<telerik:GridDateTimeColumn DataField="Creacion" HeaderText="Creacion"
    UniqueName="Creacion" ReadOnly="true" SortExpression="Creacion" DataType="System.DateTime"
    HeaderStyle-Width="140px">
</telerik:GridDateTimeColumn>
 
<%-- Columna Modificacion --%>
<telerik:GridDateTimeColumn DataField="Modificacion" HeaderText="Modificacion"
    UniqueName="Modificacion" ReadOnly="true" SortExpression="Modificacion" DataType="System.DateTime"
    HeaderStyle-Width="140px" >
</telerik:GridDateTimeColumn>


Thanks in advance.
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
2 answers
61 views
Apologies if this has been raised before but could a new section be added to the demo menu, What's New.  Then under that have maybe the current and 2 previous versions list of what's new.  This would allow a nice easy at a glance view of any new functionality.

BTW, new release is looking good - tons of new updates that are very relevant for me - hope others have same level of usefulness!

Regards,

Jon
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
3 answers
140 views

Dear Telerik Team,

 

we have problem by RadChart legend positioning. Here is our code:

 

            radChart.ClearSkin();

            radChart.Skin = skin;

            radChart.AutoLayout = true;

            radChart.PlotArea.Appearance.Dimensions.Width = 500;

            radChart.PlotArea.Appearance.Position.AlignedPosition = AlignedPositions.Left;

            radChart.PlotArea.XAxis.Appearance.ValueFormat = Telerik.Charting.Styles.ChartValueFormat.ShortDate;

            radChart.PlotArea.XAxis.Appearance.LabelAppearance.RotationAngle = 45;

            radChart.PlotArea.XAxis.Appearance.LabelAppearance.CompositionType = LabelItemsCompositionTypes.RowImageText;

            radChart.PlotArea.XAxis.Appearance.LabelAppearance.Position.AlignedPosition = AlignedPositions.Top;

            radChart.Appearance.TextQuality = TextQuality.ClearTypeGridFit;

            radChart.PlotArea.XAxis.AutoScale = true;

            radChart.PlotArea.XAxis.IsZeroBased = false;

            radChart.Appearance.Border.Visible = false;

            radChart.Legend.Appearance.ItemTextAppearance.MaxLength = 20;

            radChart.Legend.Appearance.Position.AlignedPosition = AlignedPositions.Right;

            radChart.SeriesOrientation = ((RadChartEntity)Session[radChart.ID]).Orientation;

 

 

and the problem occurs always by skin change, e.g. by changing “Web20” skin type to “Black” skin type (or vice-versa). Result can be seen in first two attachments. Similar situation rises when ChartSeriesType property is changed (e.g. from line to points). The result by ChartSeriesType property change can be seen at the last attachment.

 

Can you help us, please?

 

Thank you very much.

 

Kind Regards,

SCT

SCT
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
255 views
Hello,

Hopefully, someone will be able to point me in the right direction - as I'm fairly new to using Telerik UI... (all actions below are client-side).

I have set up 2 listboxes with only "TransferFrom" and "TransferAllFrom" enabled on RadListBox1 and "Delete" on RadListBox2.
RadListBox1 "TransferMode" is set to COPY, so I have told it to disable any items in RadListBox1 if they are present in RadListBox2.

It works great, but a problem arises with onClientTansferred Event when you do the following:
1. Transfer All items in RadListBox1 to RadListBox2 (all items in RadListBox1 are now disabled with "set_enabled(false)")
2. Delete one of the items in RadListBox2 (the item is then removed from RadListBox2, and enabled again in RadListBox1 with "set_enabled(true)")
3. Click the "All to Right" button...

This wierdly, doesn't seem to fire the onClientTransferred or onClientTransferring Events? But will successfully copy the items over!
If you click the individual "Transfer From" button, it fires both Events OK. Dragging the item over also fires the Client Transfer events successfully.

In my limited experience with this - it would appear that by disabling one or more items in RadListBox1, causes issues with the onClientTransferred Event handler when trying to Transfer All items to the right.

If I get rid of any "disable" code (e.g. "set_enabled(false)" - it works a treat!

Any thoughts or ideas folks?

Cheers for any help/advice,
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
18 answers
793 views

Hello Everyone,

I am using RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2009 SP1 with Visual Studio 2008 SP1.  I have a 2 level (Master/Detail) RadGrid. For my Project I am using the below Grid/Command Item Demo as a prototype. 

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/programming/commanditem/defaultcs.aspx

My question's are:

1) How do I add a new LinkButton in command item template to Print individual row like Edit selected from above Grid Demo?
2) I would like if I click that print button, it will print Master as well as all related Detail rows for that selected row.

Any example or help will be appreciated. Thanks

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
4 answers
64 views
HI,

I just started using the treeview and have found a strange behaviour:
This is the markup:
<telerik:RadTreeView ID="tvCategories" runat="server" Skin="Default" Width="200"
    DataTextField="Title" DataFieldParentID="ParentId" DataFieldID="Id">
</telerik:RadTreeView>

This is the codebehind:
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
   {
       tvCategories.DataSource = common.GetProductCategories();
       tvCategories.DataBind();
   }

Surely, nothing fancy stuff. However, when displayed on the page when I expand nodes more than 2 levels deep, the page starts growing every time I hover over any node. I can see the scrollbar growing, my footer goes waaaaay down, etc.

Any idea why?

thanks

v






Viktor Takacs
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
3 answers
140 views
Hi,
We have a panel with a rounded corner extender which displays fine.
Until we ad a RADAjaxManager then the border lines of the rounded extender do not display.
Anyone have any ideas???

Chris
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?