Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
73 views
I have a grid that uses a needdatasource in which a xmldatasource is connected and i have a separate query-box, which uses a firecommand to update the grid using the xpath settings in the datasource. I have used this method, because now i can create a more complicated xpath method for selecting. I works fine, expect when the result for the the xpath selection is zero (no records found). Then the firecommand is not working, i think because the mastertable is not existing then. However the datasource itself always contains all the records, so the mastertable doesn't have to be empty. When i reload the grid with all the records, it works fine again. How can i solve this?
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
3 answers
161 views
I've tried adding the web.config setting:
<add key="Telerik.AsyncUpload.TemporaryFolder" value="C:\TempUpload\" />

I've also tried using the TemporaryFolder property in the control, and while the files are saved in the defined location, an error is still thrown if I do not give Full R/W access to the "~/App_Data/RadUploadTemp" folder.  Is this a known issue or is there something I'm missing here?  I'm using the 2011.1.519.40 build.
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
223 views

I am deploying the control on a webfarm. I dont have a NAS, instead im trying to use folder sharing and drive mapping. However i am not able to do so. I even created a new drive and shared, still no success.

Follwing is the stack trace i am seeing.
------------------

RadAsyncUpload does not have permission to write files in the TemporaryFolder. In Medium Trust scenarios, the TemporaryFolder should be a subfolder of the Application Path.

 

at Telerik.Web.UI.RadAsyncUpload.TestTemporaryFolderPermissions() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
-----------------------

Application is running under full trust and when i dont share the folder it works fine. Please help!!
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
123 views
Is there a way to load content (external or other pages in the same project) on RadSlidingPane open or onexpanding? Thanks
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
209 views
Hello,

I'm trying to use the Server.Transfer with the boolean preserveForms true, so I can read the values from another page.
The issue here is that the controls ids are different in the destination page, for instance, an RadTreeView with ID "trvEntities" will have the "ctl00_Content_trvEntities_ClientState" key in the Form collection.

Is there any way that I can get this key based on the ID I gave to the control, in order to access it's value?

Thanks!

Tiago Ribeiro
Tiago
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
103 views

Hi

When we want set RadToolTipManager text direction to “right to left”, must use CssClass!

Well, now look at this code:

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head runat="server">

    <title>tooltip</title>

    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

</head>

<body>

    <form id="form" runat="server">

    <h1>RadToolTipManager text direction set to default(left to right).</h1>

    <div style="margin:auto;width:50px;">

        <tlk:RadScriptManager ID="radScriptManager" runat="server" />

        <tlk:RadToolTipManager runat="server" ID="radToolTipManager"

            ManualClose="true"

            ManualCloseButtonText="ManualCloseButtonText"

            Position="MiddleLeft"

            RelativeTo="Element"

            ShowEvent="OnMouseOver"

            Width="275">

            <TargetControls>

                <tlk:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="button" />

            </TargetControls>

        </tlk:RadToolTipManager>

        <asp:Button ID="button" runat="server"

            Text="Button"

            ToolTip="آزمايشی" />

    </div>

    </form>

</body>

</html>

first bug: CssClass is not working for RadToolTipManager, and also we can’t customize tooltips elements like font with Font Properties of RadToolTipManager!

So I set direction property of parent div tag style to rtl(direction:rtl;), but it is not working too!

Finally I realized that the only way to changing RadToolTipManager text direction is that I must be set direction property of form tag style or a tag that is parent of form tag!!!

now look at finally code:

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head runat="server">

    <title>tooltip</title>

    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

</head>

<body>

    <form id="form" runat="server" style="direction:rtl;">

    <div style="margin:auto;width:50px;">

        <tlk:RadScriptManager ID="radScriptManager" runat="server" />

        <tlk:RadToolTipManager runat="server" ID="radToolTipManager"

            ManualClose="true"

            ManualCloseButtonText="ManualCloseButtonText"

            Position="MiddleLeft"

            RelativeTo="Element"

            ShowEvent="OnMouseOver"

            Width="275">

            <TargetControls>

                <tlk:ToolTipTargetControl TargetControlID="button" />

            </TargetControls>

        </tlk:RadToolTipManager>

        <asp:Button ID="button" runat="server"

            Text="Button"

            ToolTip="آزمايشی" />

    </div>

    </form>

</body>

</html>

But when I  do this an other bug detected!

Secound bug: Scrollbar is very long! Look at images

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
4 answers
99 views
when i use the resource availability demo I get " Object doesn't support this property or method" error on slot.get_resource();. I ve seen multiple threads on this but the only answers are send in a demo in a support ticket. Is it possible to get some kind of indicators on what the results of any of those issues were? I don't really want to send a demo as this is integrated into my system and it would take quite a bit of time to break it out to send. But if those other tickets were resolved some pointers based on their findings would be great.
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
71 views
Hello,

I want to use yours mega menu in sharepoint 2010,
My problem is that i dont know how to do the connection on the sitemap object of the sharepoint 2010,
And after that how i design the items in the mega menu.

Thanks,

Yedidia.
Kalina
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
5 answers
199 views
Hi Telerik Team,
                           I have a requirement of dragging items from grid view and drop them to a RadTreeView which are in two seperate
user controls. 
Further:
1. aspx page  - A
2. user conrol1 (Grid Here) - B
3. user conrol2 (RadTreeView Here)  - C
                            B and C are in A. Is there any way of dragging row items from grid and get the required values from it when it is droped on to the TreeView 
and
Get to know what the TreeView node, to which the item will be dropped at the time of dropping the item to it?

I'm going through your http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/programming/draganddrop/defaultcs.aspx example.

Thanks,
Dilip
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
95 views
Does AsyncUpload support multiple file selection on macs?  I tried the demo on safari on my new imac and i could only select one file at a time in the file dialog box where as i can select multiple files on a windows machine.  If this is not supported for macs is it in the queue of features to be added in the future?

-Chris
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?