Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
211 views
Hello,

We are using the RadMenu control with the SiteMapDataSource to display the navigation of our website, we need to use a multiple columns drop down menu when then number of subpages are greater than a predefined value.

i.e. if the predefined value is 4 for example, we are going to display one column drop down menu for the subpages number less than (or equal) 4, however if a page has 6 subpages for example, we have to display the first 4 columns in the first column then we have to break to the next column showing the next 2 subpages in the second column.

if we use the ItemDataBound event to specify the value of "RepeatedColumns" then the 6 subpages are going to be displayed in 2 columns; 3 subpages per column.

Is is available to implement the menu in this way?

Thanks.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
3 answers
80 views
Hello, I've been looking at other topics and help sections and what I find is that I should use the following:

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadTabStrip1">
        <UpdatedControls>
            <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadTabStrip1" />
            <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="multiPage1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
        </UpdatedControls>
    </telerik:AjaxSetting>
     <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="multiPage1">
        <UpdatedControls>
            <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="multiPage1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
        </UpdatedControls>
    </telerik:AjaxSetting>

But this is not working for me, I have no real clue why it's not working, but simply when I click around in with my RadTabStrip, I never get a ajaxloader, I have other things in my RadAjaxManger with other AjaxControls and they all work fine, its only this RadTabStrip that isn't working.

I look back at my code right now I realise that I have a OnClientTabSelected even on my RadTabStrip, I guess that this will interupt the postback and thus there will be no ajax to load? is this correct?

Is there any way to load the ajaxloader from clientside?

Or do I need todo some "personal" div=visible/none with a big loading picture to handle this manualy?
Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
132 views
I have a ReadGrid using EditForms for inserting/Updating.  I have a dropdownlist as one of the controls in the EditForm.  A button in the EditForm opens a RadWindow.  I want to rebind the dropdownlist when I close the RadWindow.

I've got the RadAjaxManager in place and the javascript to call the ajax request.  My question is, how do I access the EditForm control in the RadAjaxManager_AjaxRequest method in the codebehind?  I think I somehow need to get a GridEditFormItem so I can do a findcontrol to get my dropdownlist but I don't know how to do that.  The arguments of the RadAjaxManager_AjaxRequest don't give me access to the EditForm of the Grid.
Marin
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
13 answers
197 views
After upgrade from 2011.1.315 to 2011.1.413 firefox throw jquery error 
c.defaultView.getComputedStyle(a, null) is null
(function(a,b){function ci(a){return d...a+"px")}}),a.jQuery=a.$=d})(window);

Chrome and ie work`s great.
It`s happens when IFrame window is in RadPanel
Andre Light
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
124 views

Hi,
The ItemCommand on my RadGrid is not firing. Can someone point me in the right directions?

I am using a master page with the following telerik controls:

 

 

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="DefaultMasterScriptManager" runat="server" EnableHistory="True">

 

 

 

</telerik:RadScriptManager>

 

 

 

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" EnableShadow="true">

 

 

 

</telerik:RadWindowManager>

 

 

 

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager" runat="server" EnablePageMethods="true"

 

 

 

meta:resourcekey="RadAjaxManagerResource1" />

 

 

 

<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="DefaultLoadingPanel" runat="server" Skin="Default"

 

 

 

Transparency="-100" meta:resourcekey="DefaultLoadingPanelResource1">

 

 

 

</telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>

and the following RadGrid control in a user control. With exception of the buttons the other grid columns are created dynamically as my grid is generic grid that serves many other user controls:

 

<

 

telerik:RadGrid ID="EventItemsGrid"

 

 

runat="server"

 

 

DataSourceID="EventItemsDataSource"

 

 

AllowAutomaticInserts="True"

 

 

AllowAutomaticUpdates="True"

 

 

AllowAutomaticDeletes="True"

 

 

AllowPaging="True"

 

 

EnableHeaderContextMenu="False"

 

 

AllowMultiRowSelection="false"

 

 

meta:resourcekey="LinkedEventsGridResource1"

 

 

AutoGenerateColumns="false"

 

 

AutoGenerateEditColumn="false"

 

 

AutoGenerateDeleteColumn="false"

 

 

OnItemCommand="EventItemsGrid_ItemCommand"

 

 

OnItemCreated="EventItemsGrid_ItemCreated"

 

 

OnUpdateCommand="EventItemsGrid_UpdateCommand"

 

 

OnItemDataBound="EventItemsGrid_ItemDataBound"

 

 

PageSize="5" width="100%" height="300px">

 

 

 

<headercontextmenu>

 

 

 

<CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation>

 

 

 

</headercontextmenu>

 

 

 

<clientsettings EnablePostBackonRowClick="true">

 

 

 

<Selecting AllowRowSelect="true"/>

 

 

 

<Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" SaveScrollPosition="True" />

 

 

 

</clientsettings>

 

 

 

<sortingsettings sortedbackcolor="White" />

 

 

 

<pagerstyle alwaysvisible="true" mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" position="Bottom" wrap="false" />

 

 

 

<filtermenu>

 

 

 

<CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="50"></CollapseAnimation>

 

 

 

</filtermenu>

 

 

 

<groupingsettings showungroupbutton="true" />

 

 

 

<mastertableview datakeynames="EventId" clientdatakeynames="EventId" datasourceid="EventItemsDataSource" commanditemdisplay="Bottom" tablelayout="Fixed" grouploadmode="Client" gridlines="None">

 

 

 

<Columns>

 

 

 

<telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="DeleteCommandColumn" ButtonType="ImageButton" HeaderText="Remove" Text="Remove" CommandName="Delete" ConfirmText="Are you sure you want to remove [{0}] from the [{1}] role?" ConfirmTitle="Remove Confirmation" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow" meta:resourcekey="DeleteColumnResource1">

 

 

 

<HeaderStyle Width="60px" />

 

 

 

<ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />

 

 

 

</telerik:GridButtonColumn>

 

 

 

<telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn" ButtonType="ImageButton" HeaderText="Edit" Text="Edit" CommandName="Select" meta:resourcekey="GridEditButtonImageResource1" ImageUrl="../Resources/WebResource.gif">

 

 

 

<HeaderStyle Width="60px" />

 

 

 

<ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />

 

 

 

</telerik:GridButtonColumn>

 

 

 

<telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="ShowCommandColumn" ButtonType="LinkButton" HeaderText="" Text="Show Details" CommandName="Select" visible="false" meta:resourcekey="GridViewDetailResource1">

 

 

 

<HeaderStyle Width="100px" />

 

 

 

<ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />

 

 

 

</telerik:GridButtonColumn>

 

 

 

</Columns>

 

 

 

<CommandItemTemplate>

 

 

 

<table style="width:100%; text-align:right;">

 

 

 

<tr><td><asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="lnkAddNewRecord" Text="Add New Record"></asp:LinkButton></td></tr>

 

 

 

</table>

 

 

 

</CommandItemTemplate>

 

 

 

<PagerStyle AlwaysVisible="True"></PagerStyle>

 

 

 

</mastertableview>

 

 

 

</telerik:RadGrid>

Thank you in advance!

Masterdom5

 

Marin
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
85 views
Hello,

I was checking the Iphone menu example that comes with the telerik installation on the sample website ...I was looking to do something very similar to that but with one issue...In the Rad menu that comes up inside the Iphone when the user clicks on say First menu then goes inside it and then clicks on second menu and goes inside it and then when he clicks on third menu I want to show a RAD grid view with data and also there are parameters to pass which will be the first menu item and the second menu item's value.How can i make the grid load dynamically and passing in the selected menu items.


Thanks
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
2 answers
213 views
Hi,
 I have used Radmenu but i have a problem that every time mouse hover on Items on menu bar the items are  flickering simultaneously.this is a big issue please suggest me how can i remove this problem.

Thanks
Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
0 answers
513 views
In order to make the usage of embedded Telerik skins even more transparent than before and reduce the size of the main Telerik AJAX assembly (Telerik.Web.UI.dll), we decided to introduce a separate dll for the AJAX skins (Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll) to attain both goals.

Update: Since Q3 2011, all existing skins, except Default, are moved to the skins assembly. By doing so, we were able to shave few megs off the main assembly and transfer that load to the skins assembly. And though 6 megs might seem modest for some, it's some 40% reduction in terms of the file size.: Separate Skin Assembly in RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX with Q3'11.

As it was mentioned four months ago, all embedded skins (except the Default one, which will remain plugged in the Telerik.Web.UI.dll) will be shifted to the Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll and to utilize any embedded skin other than the Default skin, you will have to have a valid reference to the new AJAX skins dll in your project.

More information is available in these help articles:
Skins Location
and
Skins Troubleshooting
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 14 Jul 2011
3 answers
156 views
I have a MasterPage with a content page that contains a RadTabStrip containing 5 tabs there are 5 associated user controls that load into their corresponding PageViews. I am using the following code to load the associated user control into the selected tab.

private void AddTab(string tabName, string id)
{
    RadTab _tab = new RadTab {Text = tabName, PageViewID = id};
    RadTabStrip1.Tabs.Add(_tab);
}
 
protected void RadMultiPage1_PageViewCreated(object sender, RadMultiPageEventArgs e)
{
    string _userControlName = string.Format("/Controls/{0}.ascx", e.PageView.ID);
 
    Control _userControl = Page.LoadControl(_userControlName);
    _userControl.ID = e.PageView.ID + "_userControl";
 
    e.PageView.Controls.Add(_userControl);
}
 
private void AddPageView(RadTab tab)
{
    RadPageView _pageView = new RadPageView {ID = tab.PageViewID, CssClass = "pageView"};
    RadMultiPage1.PageViews.Add(_pageView);
    tab.PageViewID = _pageView.ID;
}
 
protected void RadTabStrip1_OnTabClick(object sender, RadTabStripEventArgs e)
{
    AddPageView(e.Tab);
    e.Tab.PageView.Selected = true;
}

In the Page_Init of the control I build the DataGrid based on a defined .cs file for the grid definition.

protected void Page_Init(object source, EventArgs e)
{
    this.__activeBatchesRadGrid = PolicyRadGrid.GridDefinition();
    this.PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(this.__activeBatchesRadGrid);
}

What I am seeing is every time I make a tab selection all of the PageViews are reloaded. This sample Code is being used so indeed there is no postback after all tabs have been initially loaded. However, as each tab is clicked the first time there is a postback to every control for every tab.

Even after all tabs have been initially loaded If click the refresh button of a RadDataGrid or the Pager control, all PageViews are recreated and their associated RadGridViews are repopulated even if it is not the grid I am working with. This is slowing down the presentation drastically. I know I must have missed something. Any help would be appreciated.

~Tim



Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
1 answer
73 views
I have a grid that uses a needdatasource in which a xmldatasource is connected and i have a separate query-box, which uses a firecommand to update the grid using the xpath settings in the datasource. I have used this method, because now i can create a more complicated xpath method for selecting. I works fine, expect when the result for the the xpath selection is zero (no records found). Then the firecommand is not working, i think because the mastertable is not existing then. However the datasource itself always contains all the records, so the mastertable doesn't have to be empty. When i reload the grid with all the records, it works fine again. How can i solve this?

Sorry - posted in the wrong section

Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?