Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
147 views
Hi,

 Consider my browser window  is less than screen size and I want to move Radwindow outside current browser area any where in the screen.Is it possible to drag Radwindow outside browser window?

Thanks,
Prava
Prava kafle
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
3 answers
241 views
Hi all,

I am looking to achieve the following functionality: All events whose effects are self-contained to a RadDock should only cause post-back for that specific RadDock.

That being said, it is (slightly!) more complicated than this. All my RadDocks and RadDockZones on my page are dynamically created and regenerated.

I have reviewed the information given here, but I did not find this documentation enough to successfully achieve my goal. As such, I have a few questions.

  • I understand that there is an inherited complexity to this issue in the fact that RadDocks are able to be moved between RadDockZones. This appears to disqualify making the RadDock the designated 'control initiating post-back.' If I attempt to say "RadAjaxManager1.AjaxSettings.Add(dock, dock, null)" I am told that RadDockZone must have RadDock as child (and not this hidden update panel). As such, it is my belief that I will be achieving my desired results through wrapping of the RadDockZone in a hidden update panel, and not each individual RadDock.
  • That being said, my project does have constraints which may be useful/relevant to this issue -- Each RadDockZone has a 0 to 1 relationship with a RadDock. That is, RadDockZones with greater than 1 RadDock is not a supported scenario for my project. In addition, each RadPane on my page will have no more than 1 RadDockZone on it. Keeping things very simple 1:1:1 display.
  • In addition, each of my RadDocks is currently housing an UpdatePanel. This is used to update the contents of the dock instantly (charts that drill-down.) I know that UpdatePanels may sometimes cause conflicts, so I thought this was worth mentioning.
  • The RadAjaxManager documentation states that adding AJAX pairs dynamically to the RadAjaxManager should only be performed during Page_Load. I am curious if I need to perform initial "hook-up" of the setting when the control is dynamically created and then regenerate this state similarly to how all the other states on my page are regenerated. An example:

protected void LstBxSettings_Dropped(object sender, RadListBoxDroppedEventArgs e)
{
    RadDockZone dockZone = DashboardLayoutManager.Instance.RegisteredDockZones.FirstOrDefault(registeredDockZone => e.HtmlElementID.Contains(registeredDockZone.ID));
 
    if (!object.Equals(dockZone, null) && !dockZone.Docks.Any())
    {
        RadPane activeControlPane = (RadPane)dockZone.Parent;
        Orientation orientation = (Orientation)Enum.Parse(typeof(Orientation), e.SourceDragItems[0].Value);
        CormantRadSplitter newContent = CreationManager.CreateNewContent(orientation, activeControlPane);
        //Put newly created control in front so it will always be visible. (E.G. RadDockZone1 fights with it)
        activeControlPane.Controls.AddAt(0, newContent);
        RadControlManager.SaveNewContent(newContent);
        lstBxSettings.ClearSelection();
    }
}

This is a piece of code which is responsible for creating a new RadDock on my page, as well as attaching it to a RadDockZone. Note that RadDockLayout is not used (I've implemented my own). I am wondering if I need to say "RadAjaxManager1.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(dockZone, dock, null)" here during creation of this control. My gut is saying, "Yes. You do" because the controls are rendered to the user immediately after creation. If I only hook up settings during Page_Load then the control will be displayed to the user once, then a post back occurs, page_load fires, and now the control is wrapped in an update panel. As such, it is my belief that it is necessary to add it to AjaxManager immediately. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Now, lets talk about what needs to occur every time a page load occurs. RadAjaxManager is a persistent control on my page. So, it is my belief that it does not forget the AjaxSettings it knew from before a post-back occurs, but that it probably does forget after a full page refresh. As such, it is my belief that I do need to re-setup settings during each page load, but that I should be looking into my AjaxSettings collection to see if a setting is known already. If the RadDockZone (the control to initiate an ajax request) is unknown, then I add it to the collection, else skip since it's already known.

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    Logger.Info("Page Load");
    RegenerationManager.Instance.RegenerateDockContents();
 
    if (!Page.IsPostBack)
    {
        RegenerationManager.Instance.RegenerateTabs(RadTabStrip1);
        ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(Page, Page.GetType(), "KEY01", "ForceResize();", true);
    }
}

Here is my current Page_Load event. Should I be treating the AjaxManager similarly to that of the RadTabStrip -- only hooking up controls if its a fresh page, else assuming that they're already known to it (being added through the event described above)?

I went ahead and played with all of this myself for a bit, but I noticed I was doing something incorrect. What I saw was that the RadDock would fire a post-back event, the hidden update panel would capture the event, but that the RadDock would not update. Interacting with the page again caused it to update, but the update panel I had wrapped was lost (haven't fussed with regenerating it through post-back, so this is expected behavior.) Might be a deeper-seated issue than just improper setting up of the code, though, so I figured I'd come here first.

Is my reasoning sound? What other gotchas should I be aware of? 

Thanks.

Sean
 
Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
1 answer
98 views
I'm using the scheduler fed by a web service and come across a date in the wrong format. The tooltip on the date within the day of a month view is in american format. How can I change this so it picks up the current culture?

I've tried changing Monthviewdayheader and setting the culture in web.config. Not sure what else to try.

Thanks
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
1 answer
188 views
Hi Telerik Team,

   I am Arvind i am working on Rad window and new to work on it, I have designed a Content Page and it consists of a tree view based on node that user clicks a rad window will be opened (for this i have designed a user control and this user control i have kept inside a Aspx page (Not a Content Page) ) and the rad window consists of a drop down when user will select a value from the Drop Down and Clicks on the Button the i am able to get the selected value from the Drop down and when i try to get that value in the Content Page i am not able to get it, Actually the Content page that i have created has a Rad Editor, in the rad Windows user will choose his choice and that should be inserted in to rad Editor.

Please Help me, its very Urgent

Thanks & Regards

N Aravinda
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
3 answers
188 views

I have some issue putting a datapager to a list box. When i run my aspx page, it doesnt show any paging
 Following below is my code
<telerik:RadDataPager ID="RadDataPager1" runat="server" PagedControlID="RadListBox1">
 </telerik:RadDataPager>
 
  <telerik:RadListBox ID="RadListBox1" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True"
                                                DataKeyField="EventLocation" DataSourceID="Listbox"
                                                DataTextField="EventLocation" DataValueField="EventLocation"
                                                DlisataKeyField="EventLocation" Skin="Black" allowpaging="true"
                                                style="z-index: 1; left: 1109px; top: 114px; position: absolute; height: 48px; width: 155px; text-align: center;"> <ButtonSettings TransferButtons="All" />
    </telerik:RadListBox>

Peter Filipov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
3 answers
385 views
Hi,

I want to force my users to input data in a specific format. The format is digit-digit-capital letter-digit-digit-digit e.g. 30H120.

So if the user types a letter instead of a digit for the 2nd character, the control must simply reject the input. And if possible, when the user enters a small letter for the 3rd character, it must be auto capitalized.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Christo
Christo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
1 answer
212 views
Hi there!

1.
When the RadWindowManager property "ShowContentDuringLoad" is set to false and I open a radwindow, I get this awesome spinning progress indicator that looks like the same graphic as when I use a RadAjaxLoadingPanel.
2.
For my RadWindowManager, I also have the "Reload" behavior active.  so when I click the "reload" icon in the upper right of the radwindow titlebar, I see the same awesome spinning progress indicator.
3.
My page loads into the RadWindow and the awesome spinning progress indicator goes away.
4.
Something on my page triggers a postback.
5.
No awesome spinning progress indicator!!!

So my question is, is there a way for me to trigger the awesome spinning progress indicator when my page (the content inside a RadWindow) does a postback?
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
2 answers
136 views
Hi,

Is there any way to change the opacity of the background shadow on a rad alert?

Basically I want to use it as a screen sheild, to mostly (but not completely) hide the contents of the window behind. Until the user clicks the prompt when they return to their desk.

I intend to use a client side popup for this.

Is it possible to change this setting?

Cheers

Tox
Toxic
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
6 answers
113 views
I have a stupid problem with RedWindow. In my App I open a RedWindow to show som einformation to users. And users Can change the and save it after that, or just click cancel button. When users click save button, I want to reload parent page. But if they click Cancel button, I don't want to refreshing parent.

This is my code:
In parent I have : 

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="rwmMain" runat="server" EnableShadow="true">
           <Windows>
                <telerik:RadWindow ID="DataEntry" runat="server" Title="Data Entry"                    
                    DestroyOnClose="true" OnClientClose="closeModal" ReloadOnShow="true" Width="870" />
            </Windows>
 </telerik:RadWindowManager>

And This is my "closeModal" method:
function closeModal(sender, eventArgs) {
    var arg = eventArgs.get_argument();
   if (arg != 'close')
  {
            window.location.reload(true);
        }
}

Now, if I just open redwindow and click save button parent will be refresh, and for cancel button, the parent doesn't refresh. but the problem happens when I open redwindow and click on Cancel button, and after that opening redwindow again and this time click save button, the parent doesn't refresh. 
Azadeh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
3 answers
231 views

 

Hi All,

First post as I've struggled to figure this one out, new to Telerik and .Net so possibly a bad combination!

I've taken the following snippet from the demo for using radspell with radgrid, but the problem I appear to have is that I also want to spellcheck the edit control of gridtemplatecolumns as well as gridboundcolumns. I'm trying to figure out how to just access the edit section of the gridtemplatecolumn (my attempt is currently commented out and marked PROBLEM BIT) the trouble is that whilst it works to a degree it appears to be duplicating a whole load of information when the spell checker pops up (there also appears to be a lot of white space in 'not in dictionary' area.

In short, it's misbehaving but I'm sure it must be something obvious I'm doing.

please help! I've been on this for 10 hours straight (as a learner!) and I'm fed up with it now!

Thanks in advance,

Dave


 

 

foreach (GridColumn column in editedItem.OwnerTableView.RenderColumns)

 

{

 

if (column is IGridEditableColumn && column.IsEditable)

 

{

 

IGridColumnEditor editor = editMan.GetColumnEditor(column as IGridEditableColumn);

 

 

if (editor is GridTextBoxColumnEditor)

 

{

 

string editorID = (editor as GridTextBoxColumnEditor).TextBoxControl.ClientID;

 

controlsToCheck.Push(editorID);

index++;

}

 

/*
PROBLEM BIT
if (editor is GridTemplateColumnEditor)

 

{

string editorID = (editor as GridTemplateColumnEditor).ContainerControl.ClientID;

controlsToCheck.Push(editorID);

index++;

}*/

 

 

 

}

 

}

RadSpell1.ControlsToCheck =

new string[index];

 

 

while (controlsToCheck.Count > 0)

 

{

RadSpell1.ControlsToCheck.SetValue(controlsToCheck.Pop(), controlsToCheck.Count);

}

RadSpell1.IsClientID =

true;

 

 


 

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="KSP/Benefit 1" UniqueName="cnpb_benefit1" DataField="cnpb_benefit1" Visible="False" FilterControlAltText="Filter cnpb_benefit1 column">

 

 

 

 

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lblcnpb_benefit1" runat="server" Text='<%# TrimDescription(Eval("cnpb_benefit1") as string) %>' />

 

 

 

 

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

<EditItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

<telerik:RadTextBox ID="txbcnpb_benefit1" Width="450px" runat="server" TextMode="MultiLine"

 

 

 

 

 

Text='<%# Bind("cnpb_benefit1") %>' Height="90px" MaxLength="500" />

 

 

 

 

 

</EditItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

 

<ItemStyle VerticalAlign="Top" />

 

 

 

 

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?