Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
8 answers
560 views
We would like to utilize some functionality of the latest ASP.NET Ajax Library (specifically, Client Templates), but are running into problems when including RadControls (2009 Q3 release) on the same page.

It seems that the RadScriptManager outputs an earlier version of MicrosoftAjax.js on the page when necessary. This is understandable, as I'm sure many of your controls utilize its functionality. However, when including the latest release of the ASP.NET Ajax Library, there are major errors that occur on the page (certain functions/objects undefined, null references, etc.). My question is: is there a supported way (or even ANY way) to use a later version of the ASP.NET Ajax Library in conjunction with Telerik controls on a single page?
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
4 answers
105 views
Hi,

I have a issue in applying styles in chrome where the styles are changed to lowercase and I have the styles in mixed cases. I found a thread where the same issue is reported and they have suggested to change the render mode to "DIV" . But we were not able to change to "DIV" because of our CMS behavour as we dont want the content to render parent page styles. I was trying to change the "selectorText" value but there is no setter for this I guess and I am getting error saying "no Implementation". Can some one help with any other options?
Link for the other thread with the same issue.
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/editor/css-class-names-in-chrome.aspx


Thanks,
Akila.

Akila Kumarasamy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
1 answer
197 views
Hi,

I'm trying to set up the RadGrid for self-referencing using HierarchyLoadMode = Client. I'm seeing a lot of "No Child Records Found" in my grid and read that I need to hide them during PreRenderComplete. However, my grid is inside a usercontrol so the PreRenderComplete event doesn't fire. Under regular circumstances I should to fire the method in the Page's PreRenderComplete, but this usercontrol is being wrapped into a sharepoint webpart which I don't have PreRenderComplete event for.

Is there any other way to make it possible to hide the "No Child Records Found" nested table views? I can't hide it during PreRender because it is Client Load Mode.

Thanks,
Gilbert
Genti
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
3 answers
162 views
I have a RadEditor in a Div on a page. I use JQuery to clone that Div and try to use it multiple times on the page. But JQuery Clone command doesn't seem to work on RadEditor. The new RadEditor object does not render correctly.

I wanted to know, if the RadEditor supports JQuery. And if it does, then is there any sample which I can refer to.
If the radEditor does not support JQuery, then is there any way to add new RadEditors on the page using javascript.

Thanks
Saurabh.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
2 answers
263 views
I have a radgrid with a column called 'Note'. I want to display a small note icon if the column has data in it. Then when the user mouseovers the icon, it displays the contents from the 'Note' column.

Can this be done?
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
7 answers
642 views
I have a multi-line RadTextBox in an EditItemTemplate in a RadGrid in a web application.  When the user presses shift-enter, the focus goes to the control in the previous column.  I would like it to behave as if it weren't in a RadGrid: to insert a carriage return and go to the next line in the RadTextBox.  How do I do this?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
2 answers
809 views
Hi,

I was wondering if it is to possible to make some "advance" formatting on a GridBoundColumn. In fact, I want to show a number with always and only one digit (ex : 197,1 - 197,0 - 197,8). The best I come to is to show a digit if this digit isn't a 0 (so, it look like 197,1 - 197 - 197,8). I try with a GridNumericColumn,but no luck. So, here is my code 

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="test" HeaderText="test" UniqueName="test"
DataFormatString="{0:$###.#}" />

Is anyone may help me please ?

Thank you,
David

PS: I'm now wondering if it is a better solution if I just override the DataFormatString propriety, cause I'm now using a override GridTemplateColumn, so I will just have to plug the override propriety in. So, if anyone know how to correctly override DataFormatString, please let's me know how.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
1 answer
112 views
When we click on a file - a new window opens up.  How do we set the title on that page?

Thank you very much.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
2 answers
192 views
I have a RadGrid that has two RadDatePickers.  There is a start and end date RadDatePicker. 

How can I validate that a user must pick an end date is greater than the start date.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
1 answer
130 views
Hello,

I am trying to edit data in a RadGrid by using RadWindow.  I have been using the demo Window/Edit Grid For RadGrid as a sample.  The code appears to be working except that the record that is edited is the first record from the table, not the one I have selected to edit.  Where i am failing is that I am not able to the cell values from the grid source which correspond to the primary key from the query string as mentioned in the demo.  How is this done?

Scott
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?