Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
81 views
I edited the .CSS file directly (/Skins/Black) replacing all instances of #9eda29 with the color I want, and also placed this onto the top of the page I'm using the control in:

<style type="text/css">

.RadMenu_Black a.rmLink:hover {

color:#F0CD5B!important;

}


</style type="text/css">

and the font colors have chaged - so good there !

------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened the Sprites graphic files in PhotoShop (changed them to RGB), penciled over the left and right arrows with the color I want, switched back to Indexed color, and saved - however, the green arrows are still there when I run the control onscreen...

------------------------------------------------------------------


I'm 1/2 way to where I need to be, but any additional info you may have on editing the existing Black skin graphic set (/Skins/Black/Menu) would be appreciated...

Thanx,

Bazz

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
16 answers
494 views

I am looking for a solution for the following requirements/sceario.

I have factory object (like User Factory) which generate a binding list of business objects (like User). Each business object can store dynamic list of its attributes (in one case it might contains only 3 attributes and in another case it might contains 10 attributes. The attributes and their values are stored in Dictionary(of String, Object) and are exposed via single property called Field(columnname), where columnname is the dictionary key to access its value. The business object implements ICustomTypedProperty interface

I wish to bind the list of objects to a RadGrid, I know that binding is impossible since I cannot bind GridColumn to the Field property with a parameter. I believe that the right solution is to inherit the RadGrid control and the GridBoundColumn control, but I don't know how and when (which event to use) to bind cell value using the GetValue/SetValue methods (of the ICustomTypedProperty interface)

I will appreciate if you can provide me with an example (in VB) that works.

Avidan



Andrey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
1 answer
89 views
Hello,
           Telerik controls are very new for me and now in starting i have to add a scheduler and add following fields in that:

                a) Event title

                b) Start Time, End Time, All day (just as it appears in demo)

                d) Event Type (Birthday, Training, Meeting)

                e) Notes
           How can i achieve this while working in vb.net and i don't want to do any database connectivity on client side.

Thanks,
Suneta

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
6 answers
133 views
Hello!!

I need some help while creating 3 independents RadListBox side by side...After explore some of your documentation i can't customize them to be put a slide button like the demo : http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/listbox/examples/default/defaultcs.aspx

Can you show how to include that slide control on the listbox??

If you please show me how to add title lable for each gridlistBox please
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
1 answer
102 views
I'm trying to create a wizard that will have 3..N steps (created dynamically based on selections on Step #1). It is important that I not use the TabStrip to navigate between steps. Is it possible to create a wizard that:

  • Uses a RadMultiPage to manage display of only one page view @ a time
  • Dynamically adds PageViews to the RadMultiPage control after the initial page load
  • Does not use a tab strip

If so, is there any sample code out there? I've only been able to locate Wizards that use the TabView.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
5 answers
142 views
I have issues setting a custom ITemplate implementation on RadMenuItems.

I populate the RadMenu using the DataSource property.

In which event during the databinding am I supposed to set the ItemTemplate property on the RadMenuItem (which gets created during the databinding process ... I populate the DataSource using custom data objects) so that it gets applied?

The second issue ... I only want to apply the custom ITemplate implementation for one level in the MenuItem hierarchy. The first level should use the default rendering, the second level should use a custom template.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
3 answers
203 views
I am using RadCombobox in a grid. I have assigned attribute to the rad combobox from Javascript method. The code is below

 var masterTable = $find("<%=radgrdChargeType.ClientID%>").get_masterTableView();
         
         var dataRow = masterTable.get_dataItems()[popupTextControlId];
          var radCmbBxChargeType = dataRow.findControl("radCmbBxChargeType");
 radCmbBxChargeType.trackChanges();
          radCmbBxChargeType.get_attributes().setAttribute("Ani", "Vai");
          radCmbBxChargeType.get_attributes().setAttribute("1", "2");
          radCmbBxChargeType.commitChanges();



Now I am trying to get the attribute value from Code behind page.

 RadComboBox radCmbBxChargeType = gridItem.FindControl("radCmbBxChargeType") as RadComboBox;
            if (radCmbBxChargeType.Attributes["Ani"] != null)
            {
                string att = radCmbBxChargeType.Attributes["Ani"];
            }


But here the data is not persisting, i.e. 
radCmbBxChargeType.Attributes["Ani"]  is showing null.


How I can get the value !!
Note. - getting the exact combobox is not a problem.

It's urgent 
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
3 answers
638 views
Hi,
I want to have a combo box for country flags, and have the ~240 countries listed with the ~240 flags.

When I use the ImageURL attribute, the loading of 240 flags takes forever as only a couple of requests are sent concurrently.

I have a sprite for flags, but cannot seem to separate the image from the text, i.e. if I use CSS and Background property, the text is placed on top of the flag.

Is there a way for me to show the flags in a combo box from a sprite, and have the text to the right of the flag?

Chen
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 14 Aug 2011
6 answers
188 views
Hi,

While deleting, I used the 'adding a delete prompt' example.

 

 

protected void OnItemDataBoundHandler(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)

 

{

 

 

if (e.Item is GridDataItem)

 

{

 

 

GridDataItem dataItem = e.Item as GridDataItem;

 

 

 

string CreateDate = dataItem["CreationDate"].Text;

 

 

 

LinkButton button = dataItem["DeleteColumn"].Controls[0] as LinkButton;

 

button.Attributes[

 

"onclick"] = "return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete Item created on " +

 

CreateDate +

 

"?')";

 

 

}


...this works well...although I'm unsure of the way to receive the response from the "onclick" event..

thanks,
minh Bui
Minh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Aug 2011
2 answers
154 views
Hello all :)
I am new to the telerik controls and I wanted to ask if I could dynamically add a RadComboBox dynamically using javascript.
thank you so much
Nada
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?