Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
9 answers
348 views
I am currently making a 3-tier Hierarchy using rad grids, however for some reason the last rad grid in the hierarchy is not being recognized by Visual studio 2008 (i.e. it is not being added to the designer class).

<telerik:RadMultiPage runat="server" ID="RadMultiPage1" SelectedIndex="0" RenderSelectedPageOnly="false">
<telerik:RadPageView ID="RadPageView1" runat="server">
   
<telerik:RadGrid ID="radGrd1">
       
<MasterTableView>
           
<DetailTables>
               
<telerik:GridTableView>
                   
<NestedViewTemplate>
                       
<telerik:RadMultiPage>
                           
<telerik:RadPageView>
                               
<%--add Radgrid Here--%>
                           
</telerik:RadPageView>
                       
</telerik:RadMultiPage>
                   
</NestedViewTemplate>
               
</telerik:GridTableView>
           
</DetailTables>
       
</MasterTableView>
   
</telerik:RadGrid>
</telerik:RadPageView>
Here is a skeleton of the code i am using.

Is it possible to add a rad grid in that position? If so why is it that visual studio is not adding this code to the designer class and thus making it inaccessible in the code behind file?

I have tried adding the control manually myself, although it appears in the intellisense the control itself is set to null during runtime thus making it impossible to bind any data to the Grid.

Please Help
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2011
4 answers
173 views
I have a grid with virtual scrolling and grouping, but when the groups are collapsed not all of the groups are showing.

Is there an example of a grid with virtual scrolling and grouping?
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2011
5 answers
340 views
Hello,

I have tweaked styles before using the majority of a Telerik theme and changing a few items. Using version 2010.1.519.35 I am trying to do the same for the RadPanelBar only I am not getting the style correct. What I would like to do is have the panelbar use the WebBlue theme and then change a few things on the panel bar item only. Children can be left alone. So I thought the following would work but it doesn't?
.RadPanelbar_WebBlue
{
    margin:0 0 0 0 !important;
    text-align:center !important;
    vertical-align:text-top !important;
}

Any help in understanding what I am missing would be greatly appreciated.
JB
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2011
5 answers
116 views
We tried yesterday to upgrade to latest version of Telerik (2011.2.712) an noticed that it does seem to break encoding for the buttons generated for each row (Edit) etc. Has there been any changes with regards to this compared to the 2011.1.413 which we used before??

We use recource files for localization to Swedish and for edit we have "Öppna" which displayed fine  until we started using 2011.2.712, now it is displayed as "&#214;ppna". When we rolled back to 2011.1.413 DLL it is displayed correctly again.

Any ideas?
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2011
1 answer
162 views
Hi,

On a window I have three RadDateTimePicker controls as well as a RadAjaxManager (amongst other controls). This window gets loaded in a RadWindow.

When the window loads the RadDateTimePicker controls will not display the drop down calendar by clicking on the calendar icon next to the text box. If I cause a partial page post back via the RadAjaxManager by clicking on a checkbox or changing text in another text box the drop down calendar will start to work. 

Example code:

AjaxManager:
<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" UpdatePanelsRenderMode="Inline">
       <AjaxSettings>
           <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="DateOfBirthControl">
               <UpdatedControls>
                   <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="AgeLiteral"
                       UpdatePanelRenderMode="Inline" />
               </UpdatedControls>
           </telerik:AjaxSetting>
           <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="CityTextBox">
               <UpdatedControls>
                   <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="PostCodeTextBox"
                       UpdatePanelRenderMode="Inline" />
               </UpdatedControls>
           </telerik:AjaxSetting>
           <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="PostalCityTextBox">
               <UpdatedControls>
                   <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="PostalPostCodeTextBox"
                       UpdatePanelRenderMode="Inline" />
               </UpdatedControls>
           </telerik:AjaxSetting>
           <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="InactiveCheckBox">
               <UpdatedControls>
                   <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="InactiveCheckBox" UpdatePanelRenderMode="Inline" />
                   <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="DeceasedCheckBox"
                       UpdatePanelRenderMode="Inline" />
               </UpdatedControls>
           </telerik:AjaxSetting>
           <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="DeceasedCheckBox">
               <UpdatedControls>
                   <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="InactiveCheckBox"
                       UpdatePanelRenderMode="Inline" />
                   <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="DateOfDeathControl"
                       UpdatePanelRenderMode="Inline" />
                   <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="CauseButton"
                       UpdatePanelRenderMode="Inline" />
               </UpdatedControls>
           </telerik:AjaxSetting>
       </AjaxSettings>
   </telerik:RadAjaxManager>


Example of RadDateTimePicker that will not display calendar until ajax postback:
<telerik:RadDateTimePicker ID="DateOfBirthControl" runat="server" Culture="en-AU"
                        MinDate="1900-01-01" Skin="Windows7" Width="100px"
                        AutoPostBackControl="Both"
                        onselecteddatechanged="DateOfBirthControl_SelectedDateChanged">
                        <TimeView CellSpacing="-1" Culture="en-AU">
                        </TimeView>
                        <TimePopupButton ImageUrl="" HoverImageUrl="" Visible="False"></TimePopupButton>
                        <Calendar UseRowHeadersAsSelectors="False" UseColumnHeadersAsSelectors="False" ViewSelectorText="x"
                            Skin="Windows7">
                        </Calendar>
                        <DateInput DisplayDateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy" DateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy"
                            AutoPostBack="True">
                        </DateInput>
                        <DatePopupButton ImageUrl="" HoverImageUrl=""></DatePopupButton>
                    </telerik:RadDateTimePicker>

Example of a control that causes a postback that will enable date time picker to work correctly.
<telerik:RadTextBox ID="PostalCityTextBox" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" Width="120px"
                       AutoPostBack="True" OnTextChanged="PostalCityTextBox_TextChanged">
                   </telerik:RadTextBox>


Thank you for your time.

Andrew
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2011
1 answer
128 views
Hello,

The SPRadChart works great in IE8, but the charts do not show up in FireFox or Chrome.

Can this be fixed?

Thank you,

David Thomas
Bartholomeo Rocca
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Aug 2011
1 answer
83 views
Hi,

I want  to use my custom jquery popup form for creating new appointment.
The flow is as follow:
1. double click on scheduler
2. jquery dialog is opened
3. user clicks save and all data is saved with ajax post to the database
4. new appointment is created with client side API with the code similar the one that is shown below

var newAppointment = new Telerik.Web.UI.SchedulerAppointment();
...
newAppointment.set_start(startTime);
newAppointment.set_end(endTime);
newAppointment.set_subject("Manually Inserted Appointment");
...
sender.insertAppointment(newAppointment);

at this point I already have appointment id and for me it was logical to expect that I can set id to appointment with something like 

newAppointment.set_id(appointmentId);

but id is read only.

Is there any way I can set id for the newly created appointment?

Thanks in advanced.
Evgeny
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2011
3 answers
91 views
I am grouping data using Group by expressions and created a link button on a group header dynamically.

Also Added  command argument value Handler to that button in Item created and Item Databound event.

When I click on that button the values on the grid group header are disppearing and loosing the command argument values.

I need to get the command argument of buuton to make some changes to the data in the record.

Please help me on this.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2011
3 answers
124 views
Hello

I have a very simple menu using RadTabStrip and RadTabs. Inside a radtab i have two other radtabs (nested). My outer level uses the Office2007 skin, but my 2 child items stay white with absolutely no styling. Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks a lot

Kati
Kati
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Aug 2011
1 answer
140 views
Hello All,

I need to convert the decimal mark (and thousands separator) comma (,) to dot (.) as my application will serve both for Europe and US. Do you have any  clue how I can do that?

Ex: 123,345.12  <=> 123.345,12

Thanks,
Ervin
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?