Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
84 views
Hi,


i  am using rad grid  to display data  to the user. the page also contain Dropdown when even user selects or changes the value in drop down it will create a post back event.
so when ever page is a post back, the rad grid is binding the columns twice .

can you help to fix it please, i can not give columns in Html page because, the columns vary based on user. 
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
7 answers
415 views
Is it possible to get appointment (needed for editAppointment function) by id on client side?
I have tried to use  scheduler.get_appointments(), unfortunately it only shows appointments oc current view.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
4 answers
117 views
Hello,
I have some problems with grid appearance. All columns in grid are of TemplateColumn type. I implement ITemplate for each ItemTemplate and everything works correctly. I use "rubber" layout when split panel and grid on it are expanded to browser width and height. But:
1. When I insert in markup tag
<Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" SaveScrollPosition="True" />
header remains expanded to full width but content is tightening to minimum width, just to fit data (see pic 1)
2. With static headers turned on, when I use a pager control and go to another page, header reveals a small gap on the right (pic 2)
3. I can't see grid lines although I have set GridLines="Both".

Below is a grid markup:
<grid:RadGrid ID="Grid" runat="server" Height="99.5%" ShowStatusBar="True"
                    AllowSorting="True" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
                    AllowPaging="true" PageSize="20" GridLines="Both">
                    <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="id" EditMode="InPlace" Width="100%" />
                    <ClientSettings>
                     <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" SaveScrollPosition="True" />
                        <ClientEvents />
                    </ClientSettings>
                </grid:RadGrid>

Thank you.
Dmitry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
2 answers
133 views
Hello Telerik,

I need with a submenu click i need to show mainmenu

Thanks,
Rksh
Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
1 answer
94 views
Hi ,

We are using RadCharts in our Silverlight Asp.net application. The problem we are facing is that we do not want any range series on the X axis and we want to display title only. We tried to use RadChart.DefaultView.ChartArea.AxisX.AutoRange = false but this not working. Please help us in this .


Thanks,
Rahul
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
2 answers
218 views
Client side radgrid updateItem() works absolutely inconsistently. It fires always server update only if I put debugger inside javascript otherwise it may or may not update record. Is that a bug in radgrid?

I have grid with last column template. Idea was to have an Excel like grid - on tab out from last column udate current record and edit next one.

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn  UniqueName="COSTTOCOMPLETE" HeaderText="Cost to Complete">
    <ItemTemplate>
        <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="costToComp" runat="server" Text = '<%# Eval("COSTTOCOMPLETE") %>' ReadOnly="true">
            <NumberFormat DecimalDigits="0" />
        </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>
    </ItemTemplate>
    <EditItemTemplate>
        <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="costToComp" runat="server" Text = '<%# Bind("COSTTOCOMPLETE") %>'>
            <NumberFormat DecimalDigits="0" />
            <ClientEvents OnBlur="costToComp" />
        </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>
    </EditItemTemplate>
    <InsertItemTemplate>
        <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="costToComp" runat="server" Text = '<%# Bind("COSTTOCOMPLETE") %>'>
            <NumberFormat DecimalDigits="0" />
            <ClientEvents OnBlur="costToComp" />
        </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>
    </InsertItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

here is javascript:
function costToComp(sender, args) { 
    var grid = $find('<%= rg_OpenWIP.ClientID %>'); 
    var idx = grid._editIndexes[0]; 
    if (idx != null) { 
        $find(grid.MasterTableView.get_id()).updateItem(parseInt(idx)); 
        var items = grid.get_masterTableView().get_dataItems(); 
        if ((items.length - 1) != idx) { 
            $find(grid.get_masterTableView().get_id()).editItem(parseInt(idx) + 1);//works always 
        } 
    } 
    else { 
        $find(grid.MasterTableView.get_id()).insertItem(); 
    } 
}; 
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
1 answer
124 views
Hi.

I have a radcombobox that fills on demand from a sql-query, it is used to find users, companies, servers and so on. Works very good.
But, I would like to change it to a broader search if the text is not found.

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcomSearch" runat="server" OnItemsRequested="rcomSearch_ItemsRequested"
                EnableLoadOnDemand="true" DataTextField="text1" DataValueField="typeid" MarkFirstMatch="true"
                AutoPostBack="False" HighlightTemplatedItems="true" EmptyMessage="Søk i IBA..."
                OnSelectedIndexChanged="rcomSearch_SelectedIndexChanged" LoadingMessage="Henter..."
                Width="300px"  OnClientSelectedIndexChanged="OnClientSelectedIndexChanged"
                Visible="true"  AllowCustomText="True"    >

So, OnSelectedIndexChanged i will go directly to the found object, but if I press Enter with text in the box I would like to response.redirect to a Search-page and give a list of results there.
Anyone knows how to do this?
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
1 answer
142 views
Please help me. In RadAjaxManger has two client function : onResquestStart and onResponseEnd . when i ajax request to server and do something. after return value i will get value in fuction onResponseEnd but how to know i do something in Server is succeed 
or error.Is function onResponseEnd has notify an action in Server is succeed or not.?
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
3 answers
123 views
Hello everyone,
I have a RadGrid with autogenerated columns, I set a datasource with the column names with spaces.
(example: "id ue", "number boxes", etc.).


My problem occurs when I drag a field in the group panel.


"Field id not found in the source table" in reality the field is not "id" but "id ue" ... but the blank character generates exception in the group panel.




Can you help me?


thanks


Best Regards


Lasly 
Andrey
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
3 answers
204 views
I have radmenu bar in which i want to highlight or backcolor change of root menu in CSS.

below is my code and css.

 <telerik:RadMenu ID="RadHistorickMenu" Skin="MenuSkin" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" OnClientItemClicking="OnClientItemClicking"
                            EnableRoundedCorners="true" EnableShadows="true" Width="100%" OnItemClick="RadHistorickMenu_ItemClick"> 
                            <Items>
                                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Quarterly" >
                                    <Items>
                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="I S"/>
                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="O D"  />
                                    </Items>
                                </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Annual" >
                                    <Items>
                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="I S"  />
                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="O D"  />
                                    </Items>
                                </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                            </Items>
                        </telerik:RadMenu>

My CSS is below.

 

/* <RadMenu / Black> */
  
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmRootGroup,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin a.rmLink,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmText
{
    background-color: transparent; 
}
  
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmRootGroup
{
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    background-color: #717171;
}
   
  
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmVertical
{
    background-position: 0 -408px;
}
  
/* <Root items> */
  
.RadMenu_MenuSkin,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin a.rmLink
{
    font: normal 12px/23px "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif;
    color: #ffffff;
    text-decoration: none;
}
  
.RadMenu_MenuSkin a.rmLink,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmText
{
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: 0 500px;
}
  
.RadMenu_MenuSkin a.rmLink:hover,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin a.rmFocused,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin a.rmSelected
{
    background-position: 0 -72px;
    background-color : #dcdcdc; /* Selected menu*/
    color : #28638f;
    font-weight:bold;
}
  
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmLast a.rmExpanded .rmText
{
    background-position: 0 500px;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
  
.RadMenu_MenuSkin a.rmDisabled,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin a.rmDisabled:hover
{
    color: #7d7d7d;
    background-position: 0 500px;
}
  
/* </Root items> */
  
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmVertical .rmLink,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmHorizontal .rmLink
{
    margin-right: 5px; /* Distance between menu items*/
}
  
/* <Submenu items> */
  
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmGroup,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmMultiColumn,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmGroup .rmVertical
{
    border: 1px solid #080808;
}
  
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmTopFix,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmBottomFix,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmRoundedCorners .rmGroup .rmItem,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmRoundedCorners li.rmFirstGroupColumn .rmItem,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmRoundedCorners .rmFirstGroupColumn li.rmFirstGroupColumn .rmItem,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmRoundedCorners ul.rmHorizontal .rmFirst,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin_Context.rmRoundedCorners .rmGroup .rmItem,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin_Context.rmRoundedCorners ul.rmHorizontal .rmFirst
{
    background-color: #717171; 
    background-repeat: repeat-y;
}
  
* html .rmRoundedCorners_MenuSkin .rmGroup .rmItem,
* html .rmRoundedCorners_MenuSkin ul.rmHorizontal .rmFirst
{
    background-color: #717171; 
    background-repeat: repeat-y;
}
  
  
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmRoundedCorners .rmGroupColumn
{
    background-color: #717171;
}
  
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmRoundedCorners .rmScrollWrapContainer .rmTopFix,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin .rmRoundedCorners .rmScrollWrapContainer .rmBottomFix,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin_Context.rmRoundedCorners .rmScrollWrapContainer .rmTopFix,
.RadMenu_MenuSkin_Context.rmRoundedCorners .rmScrollWrapContainer .rmBottomFix
{
    background: #717171;
}
  
* html .rmRoundedCorners_MenuSkin .rmScrollWrapContainer .rmTopFix,
* html .rmRoundedCorners_MenuSkin .rmScrollWrapContainer .rmBottomFix
{
    background: #717171;
}

i mean on click of IS or OD, it will change back color or css of Quarterly / Annual (root menu) in css.
can any one help me with this?
Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?