Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
71 views
Hi,

I have a radmenu which has top level menu items. Each toplevel menu item has submenu items in it and those submenu items have to be displayed horizontally and each item has an image associated with it.
But when we set the item flow as horizontal, Image is displayed after the text.
Image has to be displayed before the text just like as in Vertical flow.

Can you help how to achieve this ?


<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
  
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
  
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
     <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
  </telerik:RadScriptManager>
  <telerik:RadMenu ID="WorkFlowMenu" runat="server" >       
  
   </telerik:RadMenu>
    <div>
      
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        
      RadMenuItem top1 = new RadMenuItem();
      top1.Text = "Top 1";
      top1.ImageUrl = "~/Images/NotStarted.png";
  
      RadMenuItem child1 = new RadMenuItem();
      child1.Text = "Child 1";
      child1.ImageUrl = "~/Images/Completed.png";
        
      RadMenuItem child2 = new RadMenuItem();
      child2.Text = "Child 2";
      child2.ImageUrl = "~/Images/Failed.png";
        
      top1.Items.Add(child1);
      top1.Items.Add(child2);
      top1.GroupSettings.Flow = ItemFlow.Horizontal;
  
      WorkFlowMenu.Items.Add(top1);
         
  
    }

Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
4 answers
141 views
Hello,

I am attempting to create a Stacked Bar Chart and have so far been unsuccessful.  I've attached an image to show you where I'm at and wrote in what I am looking for..  What I really need is the codes (ALAM and DOKE) to be along the X-Axis where currently there is 1 and 2.  I also need to show 2 levels of counts for each code, which I kind of have working.  I need a count for items that are older than 8 days and a count for items that are 8 items that are 8 and younger.  I get the stacked look by creating 2 series, but I can't seem to split out each code by itself.   
Thanks

Here is my code.  I use an existing data table then manipulate with linq.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

private void PopulateChart(DataTable dt)

{

 

// pull fields I need an calculate the shift age.

 

var query1 = from data in dt.AsEnumerable()

 

where data.Field<string>("Facility_Code").ToString().Trim() == "DOKE"

|| data.Field<

 

string>("Facility_Code").ToString().Trim() == "ALAM"

 

select new

{

FacilityCode = data.Field<

 

string>("Facility_Code").ToString()

,ShiftAge = data.Field<

 

DateTime>("Shift_Date") - DateTime.Now

};

 

// build 0-7 day chart series

 

TimeSpan ts = new TimeSpan(8, 0, 0, 0); // time span 8 days

 

// get all my shifts less than 8 days.

 

var query2 = from row in query1

 

where row.ShiftAge < ts

 

group row by row.FacilityCode into grp

 

orderby grp.Key

 

select new

{

FacilityCode = grp.Key,

Shifts = grp.Count()

};

 

 

// get all my shifts greater or equal to 8 days

 

var query3 = from row in query1

 

where row.ShiftAge >= ts

 

group row by row.FacilityCode into grp

 

orderby grp.Key

 

select new

{

FacilityCode = grp.Key,

Shifts = grp.Count()

};

 

Telerik.Charting.

 

ChartSeries csUnderEight = new Telerik.Charting.ChartSeries();

csUnderEight.Type = Telerik.Charting.

 

ChartSeriesType.StackedBar;

csUnderEight.Name =

 

"Open shifts within 0-7 days.";

csUnderEight.DataLabelsColumn =

 

"FacilityCode";

csUnderEight.Appearance.LabelAppearance.LabelLocation = Telerik.Charting.Styles.

 

StyleSeriesItemLabel.ItemLabelLocation.Outside;

Telerik.Charting.

 

ChartSeries csEightAndOver = new Telerik.Charting.ChartSeries();

csEightAndOver.Type = Telerik.Charting.

 

ChartSeriesType.StackedBar;

csEightAndOver.Name =

 

"Open shifts within 8-14 days.";

csEightAndOver.DataLabelsColumn =

 

"FacilityCode";

csEightAndOver.Appearance.LabelAppearance.LabelLocation = Telerik.Charting.Styles.

 

StyleSeriesItemLabel.ItemLabelLocation.Outside;

 

// csEightAndOver.DataLabelsColumn = "FacilityCode";

 

this.chartOpenShifts.Series.Add(csUnderEight);

 

this.chartOpenShifts.Series.Add(csEightAndOver);

 

foreach (var item in query2)

{

csUnderEight.AddItem(item.Shifts,item.FacilityCode);

}

 

foreach (var item in query3)

{

csEightAndOver.AddItem(item.Shifts,item.FacilityCode);

}

 

this.chartOpenShifts.DataGroupColumn = "FacilityCode";

 

//this.chartOpenShifts.PlotArea.XAxis.DataLabelsColumn = "FacilityCode";

 

//this.chartOpenShifts.PlotArea.DataTable.Visible = true;

 

//this.chartOpenShifts.DataSource =query;

 

//this.chartOpenShifts.Series

 

//this.chartOpenShifts.PlotArea.XAxis.DataLabelsColumn = "Facility_Code";

 

//this.chartOpenShifts.DataBind();

}


Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
5 answers
189 views
Hi ,
I am using the dock control and the command button for exapnad and collapse seems to disappear on hover. Also, the default bullet appears along side with the expand and collapse image. I have properly referenced the skin files and css. I would also like to use the custom command in the title bar template in order to make use of rss feed, so people can subscribe to it.
Could you please help?
Thanks,

Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
1 answer
92 views
i am using radschedular. when i am right  click on control it is throwing script error that object does not support this propery or method. i am not allowing user to edit, create appointments. please reply as soon as possible.


If i am making allowinsert=false. then this error is coming.
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
1 answer
254 views
Hi,

    I use RadScheduler in my Project. For me the scheduleviewtype, starttime, endtime, and the time interval data comes from another screen. How to set starttime, endtime for scheduler, and how to set duration of hrs in the scheduler like 15min, 30min, 60min. 
<div id="divSchedular" runat="server">
                <div style="width: 810px; background: transparent url('Images/background.png') no-repeat 0 0;
                    padding-left: 20px;">
                    <telerik:RadScheduler runat="server" ID="RadScheduler1" Skin="Web20" CustomAttributeNames="DisplayStartTime,EventRecurrenceId, EventColor, DisplayEndTime, StartDate,EndDate,DisplayPermitName,DisplayFacilityVisibility,DisplayClientVisibility,DisplayResourceVisibility,Id,DisplayPermitVisibility,DisplayFacilityname,DisplayResourceName,DisplayClientName"
                        DataStartField="StartDate" EnableDatePicker="true" GroupingDirection="Horizontal"
                        EnableEmbeddedSkins="true" DataDescriptionField="EventColor" MonthView-GroupingDirection="Horizontal"
                        DataEndField="EndDate" ShowFullTime="true" DataKeyField="Id" DataRecurrenceParentKeyField="EventRecurrenceId"
                        DataRecurrenceField="EventRecurrenceId" FirstDayOfWeek="Sunday" LastDayOfWeek="Saturday"
                        DataSubjectField="DisplayPermitName" AllowDelete="false" AllowEdit="false" TimelineView-NumberOfSlots="7"
                        AllowInsert="false" OnAppointmentDataBound="RadScheduler1_AppointmentDataBound">
                        <advancedform modal="true" />
                        <%--daystarttime="08:00:00" dayendtime="23:00:00"--%>
                        <appointmenttemplate>
                                <div>
                                    <table>
                                        <tr>
                                            <td id="divColorChange" runat="server" width="0.5%">
                                                <div>
                                                       
                                                </div>
                                            </td>                                       
                                            <td>
                                                <%--CustomAttributeNames="StartTime,EndTime,SessionDate,DisplayPermitName,StartDate,DisplayClientVisibility,DisplayResourceVisibility,DisplayFacilityVisibility,EndDate,ID,DisplayPermitVisibility,DisplayFacilityName,DisplayResourceName,DisplayClientName,Event_ID,DisplayRoomNumber"--%>
                                                <div class="AlignCenter">
                                                    <%--Permit Name--%>
                                                    <asp:Image ID="imageRecurrenceIcon" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/Images/Icon_Info.gif" />
                                                    <asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="lblDisplayPermitName" OnClick="RedirectToEventMaintenance"
                                                        Style="font-weight: bold; color: Black; word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 12px;"
                                                        Visible='<%# Convert.ToBoolean(Eval("DisplayPermitVisibility")) %>' CommandArgument='<%# Eval("Id") + "~" + Eval("StartDate")%>'> 
                        <%# Eval("DisplayPermitName")%>
                                                    </asp:LinkButton>
                                                    <asp:Label ID="labelPermitName" Style="font-weight: normal; color: Black; word-wrap: break-word;
                                                        font-size: 10px;" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("DisplayPermitName")%>' CssClass="FontBold"></asp:Label>
                                                    <br />
                                                    <%--Start Time--%>
                                                    <%--End Time--%>
                                                    <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblStartTime" Style="font-weight: normal; word-wrap: break-word;
                                                        color: Black; font-size: 10px; text-align: left; float: left;">
                                                    <%# Eval("DisplayStartTime")%></asp:Label>
                                                    -
                                                    <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblEndTime" Style="font-weight: normal; word-wrap: break-word;
                                                        color: Black; font-size: 10px; text-align: left; float: left;">
                                                    <%# Eval("DisplayEndTime")%></asp:Label>
                                                    <br />
                                                    <%--Client Name--%>
                                                    <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblDisplayClientTypeName" Style="font-weight: normal;
                                                        word-wrap: break-word; color: Black; font-size: 10px; width: 95px; text-align: left;
                                                        float: left;" Visible='<%# Convert.ToBoolean(Eval("DisplayClientVisibility")) %>'>
                            <%# Eval("DisplayClientName")%>
                                                    </asp:Label><br />
                                                    <%--Text="<left>Client :</left>"--%>
                                                    <%--Facility Name--%>
                                                    <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblDisplayFacilityName" Style="font-weight: normal;
                                                        color: Black; font-size: 10px; word-wrap: break-word; width: 95px; float: left;
                                                        float: left; text-align: left; float: left;" Visible='<%# Convert.ToBoolean(Eval("DisplayFacilityVisibility")) %>'>
                            <%# Eval("DisplayFacilityname")%>
                                                    </asp:Label><%--Text="<left>Facility :</left>"--%>
                                                    <br />
                                                    <%--Resource Name--%>
                                                    <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblDisplayResourceName" Style="font-weight: normal;
                                                        color: Black; font-size: 10px; word-wrap: break-word; width: 95px; text-align: left;
                                                        float: left;" Visible='<%# Convert.ToBoolean(Eval("DisplayResourceVisibility")) %>'>
                            <%# Eval("DisplayResourceName")%> 
                                                    </asp:Label><br />
                                                    <%--Text="<left>Resource :</left>" --%>
                                                    <%--Resource Name--%>
                                                    <asp:Label runat="server" ID="Label2" Style="font-weight: normal; width: 95px; color: Black;
                                                        font-size: 10px; text-align: left; word-wrap: break-word; float: left;"><%-- Text="<left>Room :</left>"--%>
                            <%# Eval("DisplayResourceName")%> 
                                                    </asp:Label><br />
                                                    <br />
                                                    <asp:LinkButton ID="linkButtonMore" Style="font-weight: bold; width: 95px; color: Black;
                                                        font-size: 10px;" runat="server" Text="More"></asp:LinkButton>
                                                </div>
                                            </td>
                                        </tr>
                                    </table>
                                </div>
                            </appointmenttemplate>
                    </telerik:RadScheduler>
                </div>
                <telerik:RadToolTipManager runat="server" ID="RadToolTipManager1" Width="420" Height="300"
                    ToolTipZoneID="RadScheduler1" Animation="Resize" HideEvent="LeaveToolTip" Text="Loading..."
                    RelativeTo="Mouse" OnAjaxUpdate="RadToolTipManager1_AjaxUpdate" OnClientBeforeShow="clientBeforeShow">
                </telerik:RadToolTipManager>
            </div>

Please guide me.

Thanks,
Hema L.
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
1 answer
61 views
Hello,

I had telerik dll version 2011.1.519.40.I used radlistview control for displaying controls in template on my asp.net page.Whenever I give blank datatable as datasource to listview it goes to Item_created event and shows blank controls.That is good and desired...

But now I updated telerik dll version to 2011.2.712.40 not I am not getting item_Created event fired at the time of empty datatable given as datasource , so no controls are visible on the page from insert template.


Please guide me in this ASAP.

Thanks,
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
1 answer
225 views
I am trying to hide/unhide an asp:Panel contained with a RadPanelBar. It works the initial page display (Page.Load)  but when I try to change the visiblity of the asp:Panel once the screen is displayed nothing happens.

<telerik:RadPanelBar ID="pnlBar" EnableEmbeddedSkins="False" Skin="Panel_AssetDetails"
    runat="server" AllowCollapseAllItems="false" ExpandMode="MultipleExpandedItems"
    Width="516px">
    <Items>
        <telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="Asset Details" Expanded="true">
            <Items>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem Value="AssetDetails" runat="server">
                    <ItemTemplate>
                        <table border="0">
                            <tr>
                                <td>
                                    <b>File Size</b>
                                </td>
                                <td>
                                    <asp:Label ID="lblFileSize" runat="server" Text=""></asp:Label>
                                </td>
                            </tr>
                            <asp:Panel ID="ImagePanel4" runat="server" Visible="true">
                                <tr>
                                    <td>
                                        <b>Resolution</b>
                                    </td>
                                    <td>
                                        <asp:Label ID="lblResolution" runat="server" Text=""></asp:Label>
                                    </td>
                                </tr>
                            </asp:Panel>
                            <tr>
                                <td>
                                    <b>Height</b>
                                </td>
                                <td>
                                    <asp:Label ID="lblHeight" runat="server" Text=""></asp:Label>
                                </td>
                            </tr>
                        </table>
                    </ItemTemplate>
                </telerik:RadPanelItem>
            </Items>
        </telerik:RadPanelItem>
    </Items>
</telerik:RadPanelBar>
if (asset.assetType == (int)AssetTypes.Image)
{
    ((Panel)(pnlBar.FindItemByValue ("AssetDetails").FindControl ("ImagePanel4"))).Visible = true;
}
else if (asset.assetType == (int)AssetTypes.Document)
{
    ((Panel)(pnlBar.FindItemByValue ("AssetDetails").FindControl ("ImagePanel4"))).Visible = false;
}
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
1 answer
146 views
Hi,

I am trying to use the Rad Scheduler for Upcoming Events page. Planning to set each appointment clickable and adding a redirect link when the event 'AppointmentClick' fires however it does not redirect to the new page specified. The redirect is a working link. Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance.
Srilal
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
1 answer
299 views
Hello -

I have a simple RadGrid that returns a number of records with href links.  It also has paging enabled.  I would like to see a LoadingPanel when the user clicks one of the links in the RadGrid, but not when they make a paging request.  From what I have read this would be possible utilizing the EventName when creating the AjaxSetting, like so:

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="MyRadGrid" EventName="SelectedIndexChanged">
    <UpdatedControls>
        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="panelResults" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />                                       
    </UpdatedControls>
</telerik:AjaxSetting>

<telerik:RadGrid ID="MyRadGrid" runat="server" GridLines="None" Width="700px" AllowPaging="true" PageSize="10" OnNeedDataSource="MyRadGrid_NeedDataSource" EnableViewState="true" Visible="true">
  <MasterTableView Caption="My Report" CommandItemDisplay="Top" CommandItemSettings-ShowAddNewRecordButton="false" DataKeyNames="ReportInfoID" NoDetailRecordsText="Nothing Found.">
    <PagerStyle Mode="Slider"  />
    <Columns>
    <telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="ReportURL" DataTextField="Name" CommandName="Select"></telerik:GridButtonColumn>
    </Columns>                         
  </MasterTableView>                           
</telerik:RadGrid>

The above markup works great for selecting the links in the RadGrid and showing the LoadingPanel, but it also shows during the paging requests.  Essentially it performs the same regardless of if I specify the EventName or not.  I can change EventName to anything and it still always fires.

Am I missing something here or is this not possible?

Thanks
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
1 answer
80 views
Here is a really simple example and I wish I could show a screenshot. What I'm doing is trying to create a margin. In only IE (using version 8) the margin in the div seems to affect the button. It creates an additional set of padding in front of the button and almost toward the end of the button, a strip of white padding overlays the button. I am not using any additional styling. Actually, when you tab to it, the white space in the front of the button also appears to be part of the button. This is it on the page. I have tried several things from using a css class (not doing that here to keep it as simple as possible) to including an additional div tag. or using span tags

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" Inherits="WebApplication2.WebForm1" %>
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<head id="Head1" runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" Runat="server" />
    <div style="margin: 20px"> 
            <p>text that is indented with margin: 20px, however, the button seems to take on strange margins</p>
            <telerik:RadButton runat="server" id="btnContinue" Text="Example" />              
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?