Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
176 views
Hi,

I have some dialog windows which pop-up. They hold an .aspx file for content. I was hoping to make the load times snappier for first load. Is this possible? I know that the window has the option of being cached after first display, which is nice, but sometimes I feel like it takes way too long to display a RadWindow because of the controls I'm having to load.

In addition, I've got two types of windows. Some of them have completely static controls -- what is being displayed is always what is going to be displayed. Others get pre-populated with data before being displayed to the user. It would be nice to be able to pre-load the page without the data, then only have to take the time for client-side scripts to execute before displaying to the user. Is this possible?

Cheers,

Sean 
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2011
2 answers
191 views
Is there  an example of combobox load on demand
without  using datasource control  but directly from business object at runtime  ?
Kalina
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2011
5 answers
1.0K+ views
Hi,
I am using the 2011 Q2 release (radgrid version 2011.2.712.40) in my application.
I notice that the header column width sometimes exceeds the item column width. I am not able trace out a pattern under which such scenario occurs. I am attaching the screenshot to explain the issue in mote detail. Notice the blue outlined header box. I got this blue outline from IE developer toolbar.
Can you let me what can cause such behaviour.
Below is the page mark up:

<div id="divList" runat="server" style="width: 100%; height: 505px;">
                                                <telerik:RadGrid ID = "dgList" runat="server" AllowMultiRowSelection="True" 
                                                    Skin = "XXX" CellSpacing="0" CellPadding="0" BorderStyle="Solid" 
                                                    BorderWidth="0px" Width="100%" Height="510px" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
                                                    GridLines="None" AllowSorting = "True" ImagesPath="~/Skins/XXX/Grid"
                                                    OnItemDataBound="dgList_ItemDataBound" OnSortCommand = "dgList_SortCommand"
                                                    HeaderStyle-Height = "30px" EnableEmbeddedSkins="False">
                                                <ClientSettings>
                                                    <Scrolling AllowScroll = "true" UseStaticHeaders = "true" />
                                                    <Selecting AllowRowSelect = "true"/>
                                                    <ClientEvents OnRowSelected="RowSelected" OnRowDeselected="RowDeSelected"  />
                                                </ClientSettings>
                                                    <HeaderStyle Font-Underline="False" Height="30px" />
                                                <ItemStyle Wrap = "true" />
                                                <MasterTableView TableLayout="Fixed" AllowNaturalSort = "true"   AllowCustomSorting="true" ShowHeadersWhenNoRecords="true" NoMasterRecordsText="No details found.">
                                                          
                                                        <Columns>
                                                        <telerik:GridClientSelectColumn  UniqueName="ClientSelectColumn" >
                                                        <HeaderStyle Width="3%"/>
                                                        <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                                        </telerik:GridClientSelectColumn>
                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn 
                                                                    UniqueName = "ID" 
                                                                    DataField = "ID" 
                                                                    HeaderText = "ID"
                                                                    Display = "false">
                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn 
                                                                    UniqueName = "Details" 
                                                                    DataField = "Details" 
                                                                    HeaderText = "Description"
                                                                    HeaderStyle-Width = "13%"
                                                                    SortExpression = "Details">
                                                                <HeaderStyle 
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Center"/>
                                                                <ItemStyle 
                                                                    Wrap = "false"
                                                                    Height = "100%"
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Left" 
                                                                    CssClass = "RadGridRow"/>
                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn 
                                                                    UniqueName = "VersionID" 
                                                                    DataField = "VersionID" 
                                                                    HeaderText = "Version"
                                                                    HeaderStyle-Width = "7%"
                                                                    SortExpression = "VersionID">
                                                                <HeaderStyle 
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Center" />
                                                                <ItemStyle 
                                                                    Wrap = "false"
                                                                    Height = "100%"
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Left" 
                                                                    CssClass = "RadGridRow"/>
                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn 
                                                                    UniqueName = "ContentID" 
                                                                    DataField = "ContentID" 
                                                                    HeaderText = "ContentType"
                                                                    HeaderStyle-Width = "12%"
                                                                    SortExpression = "ContentID">
                                                                <HeaderStyle 
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Center" />
                                                                <ItemStyle 
                                                                    Wrap = "false" 
                                                                    Height = "100%"
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Left" 
                                                                    CssClass = "RadGridRow"/>
                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn 
                                                                    UniqueName = "PublishedDate" 
                                                                    DataField = "PublishedDate" 
                                                                    HeaderText = "Published"
                                                                    SortExpression = "PublishedDate"
                                                                    HeaderStyle-Width = "7%">
                                                                <HeaderStyle 
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Center" />
                                                                <ItemStyle 
                                                                    Wrap = "false" 
                                                                    Height = "100%"
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Left" 
                                                                    CssClass = "RadGridRow"/>
                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn 
                                                                    UniqueName = "PlatformID" 
                                                                    DataField = "PlatformID" 
                                                                    HeaderText = "Platform" 
                                                                    SortExpression = "PlatformID"
                                                                    HeaderStyle-Width = "10%">
                                                                <HeaderStyle 
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Center" />
                                                                <ItemStyle 
                                                                    Wrap = "false" 
                                                                    Height = "100%"
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Left" 
                                                                    CssClass = "RadGridRow"/>
                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                             <telerik:GridButtonColumn 
                                                                    UniqueName = "btnDetails" 
                                                                    ButtonType="ImageButton"
                                                                    ImageUrl="~/Images/info.png"
                                                                    HeaderText = "Details"
                                                                    Text = "Details"
                                                                    HeaderStyle-Width = "5%">
                                                                <HeaderStyle 
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Center" />
                                                                <ItemStyle 
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Center" 
                                                                    Height = "100%"
                                                                    CssClass = "RadGridRow"/>
                                                            </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn
                                                                    UniqueName = "Ob" 
                                                                    DataField = "Ob" 
                                                                    HeaderText = "Obsolete"
                                                                    SortExpression = "Ob"
                                                                    HeaderStyle-Width = "7%">
                                                                <HeaderStyle 
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Center" />
                                                                <ItemStyle 
                                                                    Wrap = "false" 
                                                                    Height = "100%"
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Center" 
                                                                    CssClass = "RadGridRow" />
                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn 
                                                                    UniqueName = "Size" 
                                                                    DataField = "size" 
                                                                    HeaderText = "Size[KB]"
                                                                    SortExpression = "size"
                                                                    HeaderStyle-Width = "6%">
                                                                <HeaderStyle 
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Center" />
                                                                <ItemStyle 
                                                                    Wrap = "false" 
                                                                    Height = "100%"
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Left" 
                                                                    CssClass = "RadGridRow" />
                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn 
                                                                    UniqueName = "Name" 
                                                                    DataField = "Name" 
                                                                    HeaderText = "FileName"
                                                                    SortExpression = "Name"
                                                                    ItemStyle-Wrap = "true"
                                                                    HeaderStyle-Width = "16%">
                                                                <HeaderStyle 
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Center" />
                                                                <ItemStyle
                                                                    Wrap = "false" 
                                                                    Height = "100%"
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Left" 
                                                                    CssClass = "RadGridRow"/>
                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn 
                                                                    UniqueName = "Collection" 
                                                                    DataField = "Collection" 
                                                                    HeaderText = "CollectionName"
                                                                    SortExpression = "Collection"
                                                                    ItemStyle-Wrap = "true"
                                                                    HeaderStyle-Width = "0%"
                                                                    Display = "false">
                                                                <HeaderStyle 
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Center" />
                                                                <ItemStyle
                                                                    Wrap = "true" 
                                                                    Height = "100%"
                                                                    HorizontalAlign = "Left" 
                                                                    CssClass = "RadGridRow"/>
                                                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                        </Columns>
                                                   </MasterTableView> 
                                                </telerik:RadGrid>
                                            </div>

Is there a specific CSS property to set for this?

Regards,
Ripunjay
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2011
5 answers
226 views

Hi,
 I have needs to make RadGrid scroll Horizontally, here is my code:

RadGrid1.Width = Unit.Percentage(100);
RadGrid1.MasterTableView.Width = Unit.Pixel(2100);
RadGrid1.ClientSettings.Scrolling.AllowScroll = true;

It's not working, the grid just extends horizontally. it will work if I assign a fixed width to RadGrid1 instead of using 100%, but tha's not what I want. 

Please help 
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2011
3 answers
112 views
Greetings,

Multiple appointments with the exactly the same start and end date/time (example: 6/2/08 12:00PM) only shows the last appointment rendered.  This occurs in the week and day view. (Note: The appointments are shown in the month and timeline view correctly with the same date/time). 

Whenever I add a minute to the end time (example: 6/2/08 12:01PM) the appointments are shown correctly in all views.

Is this by design and do I need to make sure all my appointments are not the same date/time?

thanks in advance

annette   
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2011
8 answers
290 views
I have a Grid with a hierarchy with a single nested GridTableView. I have specified column widths using the recommended approach of setting the HeaderStyle-Width for each column.

The column widths are respected when there is no CommandItem bar displayed (CommandItemDisplay="None") or the CommandItem bar is on the bottom (CommandItemDisplay="Bottom").  However, as soon as the CommandItem bar is displayed on the top (CommandItemDisplay="Top"), column widths are no longer respected and can no longer be resized as well.

Bug?

Thank you,

Barry

EDIT:
This appears to be happening in Google Chrome (10.0.648.204).  The column widths are rendered correctly in IE8 and FireFox 4. I have not tested in Safari.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2011
3 answers
147 views
Hi

If I have the following SQL:

SELECT CAST
(
    (
        CAST(10549 AS FLOAT) / CAST(93020 AS FLOAT) * 100
    )
    AS DECIMAL (10,2)
)
AS BobsPerAlice

I can expect the following output:

BobsPerAlice
11.34

I'd like to replicate this in a GridCalculatedColumn and this is what I came up with:

<telerik:GridCalculatedColumn
    DataType="System.Double"
    HeaderText="Bobs"
    UniqueName="Bobs"
    DataFields="Bobs, Alice"
    Expression="{0} / {1} * 100"
    FooterText="Bobs / Alice: "
    Aggregate="Sum">
</telerik:GridCalculatedColumn>

Unfortunately, the rows I get contain zeros for their values as does the footer item, like:

Bobs
0
0
0
...
Bobs / Alice: 0

"Bob" and "Alice" are of database type INT. Working with INTs will not work though.

What am I doing wrong?

Richard
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2011
3 answers
164 views
I have to two Rad Grids functioning as master details linked by this select parameter,  I need to make multiple selection on both grids , the problem I have is the multiple selection in the master grid is not being retained in the detail grid on post back. How can I make multiple selection in the master grid and filter by that multiple selection in the details grid?
the experience I am getting right now is the selection selection is used for the controlparameter value but I need to use all the selected values?
  <SelectParameters>
         <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="RadGrid1"  Name="Region" PropertyName="SelectedValue" Type="String" DefaultValue="All" /> 
   </SelectParameters>  
Thanks
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2011
1 answer
107 views
Hello!

I used the code( tabs and grid) in sales dashboard. Now I want to record the three buttons (search, reset, clear) clicked state so that I can use it in the user control . When three buttons clicked then I will always get data from database and for other postbacks I only use session variable.

How could I do it? I used session to record the clicked state and pass it to usercontrol property. but I don't think it will work as when other postback the session still hold the clicked( true) value.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Amy
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2011
1 answer
86 views
I have followed the instructions on http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/radformdecorator-creating-custom-skins.html to create a custom stylesheet but it does not seem to be applying. I have created a directory called CustomSkins and copied the FormDecorator.Forest.css file and the FormDecorator directory to it, just as a test I added a link to the css and set EnableEmbeddedSkins=False. Shouldn't that pick up and apply the Forest colors and look the same as if embedded skins was turned on and selected Forest. But in my page I'm getting no stylesheet settings. What we want to be able to do is us all the telerik styles but add items to the telerik stylesheet to handle things we have already incorporated in our apps.

<

head runat="server">

 <title></title>

 <link href="CustomSkins/FormDecorator.Forest.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

 </head>

 <body>

 

 <form id="form1" runat="server">

 <div>

 <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"></telerik:RadScriptManager>

 <telerik:RadSkinManager ID="radskinMgr" runat="server" ShowChooser="true"></telerik:RadSkinManager>

 <telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="RadFormDecorator1" Runat="server" DecoratedControls="All" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" />

 <br /><br />

 <h2>This is a test page for new styles and preferences - COMING SOON IN 2011!!</h2>

 <hr />

 <h1>ODE STYLES</h1>

 <h1 class="announcement">TEXT Test for H1 - ODE Class ANNOUNCEMENT</h1>

 <h2 class="sidebar">TEXT Test for H2 - ODE Class SIDEBAR</h2>

 <h3 class="odehilite">TEXT Test for H3 - ODE Class ODEHILITE</h3>

 <b class="small">TEXT Test for ODE Class SMALL</b><br />

 <b class="larger">TEXT Test for ODE Class LARGER</b><br />

 <b class="largest">TEXT Test for ODE Class LARGEST</b>

 <h4>Text for H4</h4>

 </div>

 </form>

 </body>

 

Bozhidar
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Sep 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?