Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
308 views
I found the information about accessing control inside the RadListView in this link:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/listview-accessing-controls.html

However, there is no example of using javascript, only server-side code.

Please let me know how to access control inside RadListView.

Thanks All

Lamk.
LamKhoa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2011
1 answer
68 views
Hello,

Is there any news on when the Editor nl-NL localization and spellchecker files will be available for the new DNN6/6.1 release?

Regards,
Jochem Rebergen
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2011
2 answers
196 views
Hi, 

         I have an editor(telerik:RadEditor) inside a List(telerik:RadListView), when the user clicks edit it will display the editor. I want to disable some buttons the user should not see, I tried using this code:
<script>
 function OnClientLoad(editor) {
             var oTool = editor.getToolByName("SpellCheck");
              var icon = oTool.GetIcon();
                icon.style.display = "none";
} 
 
</script>
<telerik:RadEditor OnClientLoad="OnClientLoad" ....

But when I click edit I get this error: Object doesn't support property or method 'getToolByName' 
Felipe
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2011
3 answers
242 views
Hi,

I'm using RadEditor for MOSS 2007. After uploading an image through the Image Manager dialog box, I'm resizing it using the embedded Image Editor.

After resizing (I've decreased the image size) and saving the image, I can see that the target image (which Image Editor appends a _thumb in the name, by default) is much bigger than the original one.

In my case, I've uploaded and resized a 103Kb .jpg image. After resized the image size is 3.32MB and it's format is .bmp (bitmap instead of jpeg).

Is there a way to configure the Image Editor so I can set the compression method of the target image (like png, jpeg, etc)?

It does not make sense to have bitmap thumbnails because of the huge size of this type of format.

Thanks in advance.

Rodrigo.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2011
2 answers
96 views
Is there any java-script function to expand the detail grid on a click of hyperlink column in the radgrid.?

If not so, is there any method to trigger the expansion when based on any event of the parent grid? ( like button click event , hyperlink click event etc.,)


I don't want the expansion on the row click, but I want to expand the detail when a particular image button or hyperlink is clicked in a row of specific column.

Prasad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2011
2 answers
122 views
Hi Telerik Team,

Just found an unusual piece of CSS code in one of your demos.

.userName
        {
            font-size: 18px;
            font-wight: bold;
            color: #598f97;
            vertical-align: top;
            float: right;
            margin: 30px;
        }

I am pretty sure you meant, font-weight instead of font-wight
Notification Demo

Cheers,
Navnit
Navnit
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Sep 2011
4 answers
127 views

In radgrid i am having a custom filter using a button. Here is my code.

protected void imSearch1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

RadTextBox txtFirstName = (RadTextBox)RadPanelBar1.FindItemByValue("QuickSearch").FindControl("txtFirstName");

RadTextBox txtLastName = (RadTextBox)RadPanelBar1.FindItemByValue("QuickSearch").FindControl("txtLastName");

DataSet ds = DhsBasePage.getProxyDataService().GetProviderListByName(txtFirstName.Text, txtLastName.Text);

RadGrid1.DataSource = ds;

RadGrid1.Rebind();

}

This works good, but this filter not applied to the next page. In other words when i click the next page, the grid lost the filter.
Need help ASAP.
Thanks in advance.
Eva

Dany
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2011
2 answers
122 views
Hi,

I am trying to use AJAX editor  in MVC framework. I followed these 2 link for the implementation and every thing works fine except saving the content(accessing in controller).

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/mvc-using-editor.html
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/editor/using-rad-editor-into-mvc-page.aspx

The issue is when I assign a value to the content of the editor (say some default value) and then modify it and save it, it always saves the assigned value and not the updated value.

If I remove the default value that is assigned to the editor, then after typying the content in editor when I click save it saves empty, the form value that i get in controller is empty string.

I checked using fiddler and still the formcollection is having empty value only if there is no default value. If I have a default value it has the default value and not the updated data.

can some one help with this?

Another small issue is, I was trying to set the filter ,searchPatten and few more in the MVC view as below, but the Editor dint recognize the paths or the searchpattern or the filters. When I used it as inline it worked. And Inline doesnt allow <%= %>  for MaxUploadFileSize and for searchpatters as the Editor is a server control. So I am forced to use hardcoded value. Is there any alternative for fixing this?
<% string ImageGalleryPath = "/images/ModuleName";
            EditorID.ImageManager.ViewPaths = new string[] { ImageGalleryPath };
            EditorID.ImageManager.UploadPaths = new string[] { ImageGalleryPath };
            EditorID.ImageManager.DeletePaths = new string[] { ImageGalleryPath };
            EditorID.ImageManager.MaxUploadFileSize = ConfigurationHelper.MaxUploadFileSize;
            EditorID.ImageManager.SearchPatterns = ConfigurationHelper.SearchPatternsImages;
            EditorID.DisableFilter(Telerik.Web.UI.EditorFilters.RemoveScripts);
            EditorID.DisableFilter(Telerik.Web.UI.EditorFilters.MakeUrlsAbsolute);
            EditorID.DisableFilter(Telerik.Web.UI.EditorFilters.FixUlBoldItalic);
            EditorID.EnableFilter(Telerik.Web.UI.EditorFilters.FixEnclosingP);
            EditorID.DisableFilter(Telerik.Web.UI.EditorFilters.IECleanAnchors);
            EditorID.DisableFilter(Telerik.Web.UI.EditorFilters.MozEmStrong);
            EditorID.EnableFilter(Telerik.Web.UI.EditorFilters.ConvertFontToSpan);
            EditorID.DisableFilter(Telerik.Web.UI.EditorFilters.ConvertToXhtml);
            EditorID.EnableFilter(Telerik.Web.UI.EditorFilters.IndentHTMLContent);
%>


Thanks,
Akila.



Akila Kumarasamy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2011
3 answers
463 views
Good morning everyone! Here is what I am trying to accomplish. I have two datepickers within a radgrid,  one is a start date and the other an end date. What I need is when the user clicks a date within start date is for the end date to automatically be populated with the date five days later. For example, if the user clicks the start date 9/1/2011, then the end date should automatically be set to 9/4/2011. Is there a setting within the raddatepicker or radcalendar that will do this or will I need to use javascript? Thank you in advance for your help!
pmourfield
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2011
2 answers
215 views
I am going crazy. I had tree view and it worked, now it doesn't. So I isolated to code from the TreeView onto a page by itself and it still doesn't work.

Here is the code for the page;
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="lp.aspx.cs" Inherits="lp" %>
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <telerik:RadStyleSheetManager ID="RadStyleSheetManager1" runat="server" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="lpScript.js"></script>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
        <Scripts>
            <%--Needed for JavaScript IntelliSense in VS2010--%>
            <%--For VS2008 replace RadScriptManager with ScriptManager--%>
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" />
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" />
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQueryInclude.js" />
        </Scripts>
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        //Put your JavaScript code here.
    </script>
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" ClientEvents-OnResponseEnd="ClientResponseEnd">
        <AjaxSettings>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Panel1">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Panel1" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        </AjaxSettings>
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
    <div>
        <telerik:RadTreeView ID="RadTreeView1" runat="server" CheckBoxes="True" MultipleSelect="True"
            ShowLineImages="False" EnableEmbeddedSkins="False" TriStateCheckBoxes="False">
            <NodeTemplate>
                <asp:Label ID="lblnodeText" Text='<%#Eval("title") %>' runat="server" />
                <asp:Label ID="lblCatId" Text='<%#Eval("Id") %>' runat="server" Visible="false"></asp:Label>
                <asp:Label ID="lblisCustomer" Text='<%#Eval("isCustomer") %>' runat="server" Visible="false"></asp:Label>
                <asp:Label ID="Description" runat="server" Text='<%#Eval("description") %>' />
            </NodeTemplate>
        </telerik:RadTreeView>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
Here is the code behind.
using System;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;

using System.Data;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using Telerik.Web.UI;

public partial class lp : System.Web.UI.Page
{
    protected void Page_Load (object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        bindAssetTree ();
    }
    private void bindAssetTree ()
    {
        List<AssetTree> ds = getAssetTree (User.Identity.Name);
        RadTreeView1.DataSource = ds;
        RadTreeView1.DataFieldID = "Id";
        RadTreeView1.DataFieldParentID = "IdParent";
        RadTreeView1.DataTextField = "Title";
        RadTreeView1.DataValueField = "Id";
        RadTreeView1.DataBind ();
    }
    public class AssetTree
    {
        public int id { get; set; }
        public int idParent { get; set; }
        public String title { get; set; }
        public Boolean isCustomer { get; set; }
        public Boolean isUserCreated { get; set; }
        public Boolean allowDelete { get; set; }
        public String description { get; set; }
        public Boolean descriptionVisible { get; set; }

        public AssetTree ()
        {
        }

        public AssetTree (int id, int idParent, String title, Boolean isCustomer, Boolean isUserCreated, Boolean allowDelete, String description, Boolean descriptionVisible)
        {
            this.id = id;
            this.idParent = idParent;
            this.title = title;
            this.isCustomer = isCustomer;
            this.isUserCreated = isUserCreated;
            this.allowDelete = allowDelete;
            this.description = description;
            this.descriptionVisible = descriptionVisible;
        }
    }

    public List<AssetTree> getAssetTree (String username)
    {
        List<AssetTree> at = new List<AssetTree> ();
        for (int i = 0; i < assetTree.Length; i++)
            at.Add (assetTree[i]);

        return at;
    }

    AssetTree[] assetTree = {new AssetTree (2270, -2147483648, "Intuitive", false, false, true, "Intuitive Solutions Tree", false),
                                new AssetTree (2270, -2147483648, "Intuitive Solutions Tree", false, true, false, "Intuitive", false)};
}

Tonyz289
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?