Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
174 views
Hi...

I am using Rad Editor to show my sitemap to user,where they can edit.I cant use normal text box as of security reasons.

My problem is ,The output the rad editor is all HTML I need Plain text.Is that possible?I mean I need to  to avoid / (escape character before a "  i.e, /" also \n  ) from XML sitemap.

<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\" ?>\n<sitemap xmlns=\"http://schemas.microsoft.com/AspNet/SiteMap-File-1.0\">\n<sitemapnode>\n<sitemapnode url=\"~/Default.aspx\" title=\"HomePage\" description=\"Home Page\">\n<sitemapnode url=\"~/Postproperty.aspx\" title=\"Post Property\" description=\"Post Property\"></sitemapnode>\n<sitemapnode url=\"~/PostRequirements.aspx\" title=\"Post Requirement\" description=\"Post Requirement\"></sitemapnode>\n<sitemapnode url=\"~/PropertySearc.aspx\" title=\"Property Search\" description=\"Property Search\"></sitemapnode>\n<sitemapnode url=\"~/NewVentures.aspx\" title=\"New Projects\" description=\"New Projects\"></sitemapnode>\n<sitemapnode url=\"~/NRIservices.aspx\" title=\"Services\" description=\"Service Offers\"></sitemapnode>\n<sitemapnode url=\"~/Contactus.aspx\" title=\"Contact Us\" description=\"Contact Us\"></sitemapnode>\n</sitemapnode>\n</sitemapnode></sitemap>"

This is my sample XML.I just highlighted piece of code.

This is very urgent from me.If possible ,Please let me know ASAP.

Thank you !

Rama.M
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
110 views
Hi,
        I have created a dockzone dynamically inside a placeholder 
    code in cs page :
                                

            RadDockZone raddz11 = new RadDockZone();
            raddz11.ID = "raddz11";

            raddz11.RegisterWithScriptManager = true;
            raddz11.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.FloralWhite;
            raddz11.Width = Unit.Pixel(100);
            raddz11.Height = Unit.Pixel(200);
            phdControl.Controls.Add(raddz11);

    When i saving the Dockstate , DockZone ID getting Null. Please help to getting dynamically created RadDockZone  Id while saving

Thanks in Advance
Jesmon Joseph

Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
97 views
Hello

When i want to compress scriptresources  to reduce page size , editor stops working , and please let me know how can i compress webresources??this is really important for me.


Best regards
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
119 views
I have a problem about SQL connection , Could you show the source code of radgrid without SQL connection on C#.net.

I would like to take a look this a example


Thank you
Andrey
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
2 answers
191 views
Hi,

I am upgrading 2008 Q3 version of telerik control to 2011 Q3 version in my project in .NET 4.0. with the latest version of RadComboBox with scroll bar, when an item in the middle of item list is selected and open the dropdown it unnecessarily repoisitons the scroll bar. This does not seem to be visually smooth. For examle take a look at the below example, select any item after the second item. then open the dropdown, you will see that scroll bar moves down unnecessarily.

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/default/defaultcs.aspx

This did not happen with 2008 version of telerik. It was smoothly displayed. Before it displays the dropdown the scroll bar is already moved down to the correct position with out the user visually see the scrollbar moves down after the display.

Please let me know if you have any solution to fix this. Thanks in Advance!
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
189 views
Hi All,

I'm using combobox in usercontrol data is bind from database through LoadCombo() method if I place this method in if (!ispostback) nothing is load out that it load data , and using this usercontrol in main page in RadTabStrip at first when I select the value and click submit button every things works fine then if I click combox for next selection I get this error :Selection out of range
Parameter name: value

Methods :

 private void LoadCombo()
    {
        DataSet _objDS = new DataSet();
        DataSet _objDSCard = new DataSet();
        _objDS = _objBlGeneral.fn_EmpId_No_Card_Get(0);
        rcbEmpId.DataSource = _objDS;
        rcbEmpId.DataTextField = "Emp_Name";
        rcbEmpId.DataValueField = "EmpId";
        rcbEmpId.DataBind();
        _objDSCard = _objBlGeneral.fn_CardId_Ready_Get();
        rcbCardId.Items.Clear();
        rcbCardId.DataSource = _objDSCard;
        rcbCardId.DataTextField = "CatId";
        rcbCardId.DataValueField = "CatId";
        rcbCardId.DataBind();
    }

 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        if (!this.IsPostBack)
        {
            GetData();
           
        }


        LoadCombo();
       
    }

One more query How can I Flush data of combobox before loading the data like first time binding the data again.
Thanks
Ivana
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
62 views
Hi,
I am binding a set of results to the rad grid.The default behavior of sorting in rad grid is when i click on any header of grid, all rows will be sorted but my requirement is two rows should be freezed irrespective of sort order.
Could you please suggest me the approach to implement this.

Thanks
Kiran Kumar G.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
155 views
Hi,

I am using my rad button like this,
<telerik:RadButton ID="chkIsConsultation" runat="server" Text="Consultation"
 ToggleType="CheckBox" ButtonType="ToggleButton" CausesValidation="false">
</telerik:RadButton>

but on ckecking the checkbox an exception occurs
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Invalid JSON primitive: .

How this comes..
Help me.
Thnx in advance
Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
9 answers
221 views
Hi,

I am validating a GridDateTimeColumn client side. Here is my code:

Protected Sub gridRemarques_ItemCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventArgs) Handles gridRemarques.ItemCreated
    If (TypeOf e.Item Is GridEditableItem AndAlso e.Item.IsInEditMode) Then
        Dim eItem = CType(e.Item, GridEditableItem)
        Dim lnkInsert As linkButton = eItem.FindControl("PerformInsertButton")
        Dim lnkUpdate As linkButton = eItem.FindControl("UpdateButton")
 
        If lnkInsert IsNot Nothing AndAlso e.Item.OwnerTableView.IsItemInserted Then
            lnkInsert.OnClientClick = "return Validate()"
        Else
            lnkUpdate.OnClientClick = "return Validate()"
        End If
    End If
End Sub

This was working. I just change my linkButton for PushButton and even though the return is true or false, UpdateCommand/InserCommand is never fired... I tried some solutions on the forum, but I had no result.

My JS Validate() is simply like that for the moment:

function Validate()
{
      return true;
}

Thanks.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
265 views
Hi, I am using grid with paging. Now I want to delete multiple rows like two records from page 1 and two records from page 2. Is it possible?  If yes, please share the approach.

Thanks.
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?