Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
77 views
I'm using nested RadSplitters and RadPanes to create a 3 pane layout that fills the browser window. The problem occurs in IE9 when "Compatibility View" is turned on: RadTextBox elements do not scroll with the other content in the pane, but instead remain fixed in the browser window (as if they had a position of "fixed"). Here is a page that demonstrates the problem:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="WebForm2.aspx.cs" Inherits="RadControlsWebApp1.WebForm2" %>
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
 
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <style type="text/css">
        html, body, form
        {
            height: 100%;
            margin: 0px;
            padding: 0px;
            overflow: hidden;
        }
    </style>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
        <Scripts>
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"
                Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js">
            </asp:ScriptReference>
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"
                Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js">
            </asp:ScriptReference>
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"
                Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQueryInclude.js">
            </asp:ScriptReference>
        </Scripts>
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
    <div id="ParentDivElement" style="height: 100%;">
        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="MainSplitter" runat="server" Height="100%" Width="100%"
            Orientation="Horizontal" PanesBorderSize="0" BorderSize="0">
            <telerik:RadPane ID="TopPane" runat="server" Height="88"
                Scrolling="none" CssClass="topPane" BorderStyle="None">
                <h1>Top Menu Goes Here</h1>
            </telerik:RadPane>
            <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="HorizontalSplitterBar" runat="server" CollapseMode="None"></telerik:RadSplitBar>               
            <telerik:RadPane ID="MainPane" runat="server" Scrolling="none" MinWidth="500">
                 <telerik:RadSplitter ID="NestedSplitter" runat="server" LiveResize="true"
                    BorderStyle="None" CssClass="showTopBorder">
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="LeftPane" runat="server" Width="300">
                        <p>Side menu goes here</p>           
                    </telerik:RadPane>
                    <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="VerticalSplitBar" runat="server" CollapseMode="None" />
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="ContentPane" runat="server" CssClass="valignPane">
                        <asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server">                       
                        <div>
                            This is a RadTextBox: <telerik:RadTextBox ID="RadTextBox1" runat="server"></telerik:RadTextBox>
                        </div>
                        <div style="height:1200px">
                            This div is here to force the pane to have a scroll bar.
                        </div>
                        </asp:Panel>
                    </telerik:RadPane>
                </telerik:RadSplitter>
            </telerik:RadPane>
        </telerik:RadSplitter>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
Jonah
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
3 answers
103 views
Much as I enjoy the hunt for what I'm missing I hope someone out there will take pity on me and help me along the learning curve ;)
I have a listview databound to a LINQ query and all works fine.  I need the user to be able to select an item, by clicking on it's icon and deleting it.  So, in my ASPX I have this:

<asp:ImageButton ID="categoryImageBtn" OnClick="categoryBtn_Click" CommandName="Select" Height="30" Width="50" runat="server" ImageUrl='<%# Eval("ImagePath") %>' />

And in my codebehind I have this:

 

protected void myProjectListView_ItemCommand(object sender, RadListViewCommandEventArgs e)

{
if (e.CommandName == RadListView.SelectCommandName)

{

Label2.Text = "Bingo";
}
}

Just to see if it's working and needless to say... no luck :(  I know the button works, as I wired up an onCLick event that fires fine.

 

I've tried various approaches in the tutorials with no luck. 

 

I'd be very very grateful if someone could take a moment to point me in the right direction!

 

Paul

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
112 views
Trying to get the last detailgrid to work, everything loads fine up until I pick on the last grid (myModelGrid) to load and it does not find the parant key for the datagrid above.  Even if i put in a hardcoded key it still loads nothing, even if something is there, at this point I am rather confused, made sure all keys are supposed to be what they are and are spelled and capped correctly.  what it gives me is the following error
Incorrectt syntax near AND, which is part of the following, it does not get the parentkey.  Can grid not go 4 levels down without doing something different, the funnly thing is I can add DB items to that level, but just not see them.

If e.DetailTableView.Name = "myModelGrid" Then
          sql = "Select intModelId, intMakeId, strModel from Drat_Model where intMakeId = " & e.DetailTableView.ParentItem.GetDataKeyValue("intMakeId") & " AND bitArchive IS NULL ORder by strModel"
          e.DetailTableView.DataSource = getData(sql)
      End If

<telerik:RadGrid ID="myRadGrid" runat="server" Width="100%" BorderWidth="1px" CellPadding="4" Skin="Web20">
                                <MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="false" DataKeyNames="intCategoryId" HierarchyDefaultExpanded="false" Font-Size="10" Font-Names="Veranda,arial,sans-serif" 
                                    HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" Name="MasterGrid" ExpandCollapseColumn-ButtonType="ImageButton" HierarchyLoadMode="Client" AllowPaging="True" PageSize="20" 
                                    PagerStyle-Mode="NumericPages" ExpandCollapseColumn-CollapseImageUrl="~/Images/30.png" ExpandCollapseColumn-ExpandImageUrl="~/Images/29.png">
                                    <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" /><AlternatingItemStyle BackColor="#B0C4DE"  HorizontalAlign="Center" /><HeaderStyle ForeColor="White" Font-Bold="true"  />
                                    <DetailTables>
                                        <telerik:GridTableView Name="myManufacGrid" runat="server" DataKeyNames="intManufacturerId" TableLayout="Fixed" BorderWidth="1px" CellPadding="6" Font-Size="10"
                                            AutoGenerateColumns="False" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" BorderColor="#404040" Font-Names="Veranda,arial,sans-serif" GridLines="Both" ExpandCollapseColumn-ButtonType="ImageButton"
                                            ExpandCollapseColumn-CollapseImageUrl="~/Images/30.png" ExpandCollapseColumn-ExpandImageUrl="~/Images/29.png">
                                            <ParentTableRelation>
                                                <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="intCategoryId" MasterKeyField="intCategoryId" />
                                            </ParentTableRelation>
                                            <HeaderStyle Font-Bold="true" HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="MostInnerHeaderStyle" />
                                            <ItemStyle CssClass="MostInnerItemStyle" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                            <AlternatingItemStyle CssClass="MostInnerAlernatingItemStyle" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                            <DetailTables>
                                            <telerik:GridTableView DataKeyNames="intMakeID" Name="myMakeGrid" Width="100%" TableLayout="Fixed" BorderWidth="1px" CellPadding="6" Font-Size="10"
                                                AutoGenerateColumns="False" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" BorderColor="#404040" Font-Names="Veranda,arial,sans-serif" GridLines="Both" ExpandCollapseColumn-ButtonType="ImageButton"
                                                ExpandCollapseColumn-CollapseImageUrl="~/Images/30.png" ExpandCollapseColumn-ExpandImageUrl="~/Images/29.png">
                                                    <ParentTableRelation>
                                                        <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="intManufacturerId" MasterKeyField="intManufacturerId" />
                                                    </ParentTableRelation>
                                                    <HeaderStyle Font-Bold="true" HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="InnerSubHeaderStyle" /><ItemStyle CssClass="InnerSubItemStyle" HorizontalAlign="Center"  />
                                                    <AlternatingItemStyle CssClass="InnerSubAlernatingItemStyle" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                                    <DetailTables>
                                                         <telerik:GridTableView DataKeyNames="intModelId" Name="myModelGrid" Width="100%" TableLayout="Fixed" BorderWidth="1px" CellPadding="6" Font-Size="10"
                                                            AutoGenerateColumns="False" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" BorderColor="#404040" Font-Names="Veranda,arial,sans-serif" GridLines="Both" ExpandCollapseColumn-ButtonType="ImageButton"
                                                            ExpandCollapseColumn-CollapseImageUrl="~/Images/30.png" ExpandCollapseColumn-ExpandImageUrl="~/Images/29.png">
                                                                <ParentTableRelation>
                                                                    <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="intMakeId" MasterKeyField="intMakeId" />
                                                                </ParentTableRelation>
                                                                <HeaderStyle Font-Bold="true" HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="InnerSubHeaderStyle" /><ItemStyle CssClass="InnerSubItemStyle" HorizontalAlign="Center"  />
                                                                <AlternatingItemStyle CssClass="InnerSubAlernatingItemStyle" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                                                    <Columns>
                                                                         <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="MODEL" DataField="strModel" />
                                                                         <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Edit">
                                                                            <ItemTemplate>
                                                                                    <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgModelEdit"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intModelId") %>' CommandName="ModelEdit" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit_icon.png" />
                                                                            </ItemTemplate>
                                                                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Archive">
                                                                            <ItemTemplate>
                                                                                    <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgModelArchive"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intModelId") %>' CommandName="ModelArchive" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit_icon.png" 
                                                                                    OnClientClick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to archive this Model, This will Archive everything Underneath as well.');" />
                                                                            </ItemTemplate>
                                                                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                                    </Columns>
                                                         </telerik:GridTableView>
                                                    </DetailTables>
                                                        <Columns>
                                                             <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="MAKE" DataField="strmake" />
                                                             <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="ADD MODEL">
                                                                <ItemTemplate>
                                                                        <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgAddPosition"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intMakeID") %>' CommandName="AddModel" ImageUrl="~/Images/29.png" />
                                                                </ItemTemplate>
                                                            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                             <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Edit">
                                                                <ItemTemplate>
                                                                        <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgMakeEdit"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intMakeID") %>' CommandName="MakeEdit" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit_icon.png" />
                                                                </ItemTemplate>
                                                            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Archive">
                                                                <ItemTemplate>
                                                                        <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgMakeArchive"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intMakeID") %>' CommandName="MakeArchive" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit_icon.png" 
                                                                        OnClientClick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to archive this Make, This will Archive everything Underneath as well.');" />
                                                                </ItemTemplate>
                                                            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                        </Columns>
                                            </telerik:GridTableView>
                                        </DetailTables>
                                            <Columns>
                                                <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="MANUFACTURERS" DataField="strManufacturer"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="ADD MAKE">
                                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                                            <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgAddPosition"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intManufacturerId") %>' CommandName="AddMake" ImageUrl="~/Images/29.png" />
                                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Edit">
                                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                                            <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgManEdit"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intManufacturerId") %>' CommandName="ManEdit" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit_icon.png" />
                                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Archive">
                                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                                            <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgManArchive"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intManufacturerId") %>' CommandName="ManArchive" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit_icon.png" 
                                                            OnClientClick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to archive this Manufacturer, This will Archive everything Underneath as well.');" />
                                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                            </Columns>
                                        </telerik:GridTableView>
                                    </DetailTables>
                                    <Columns>
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Category" DataField="strCategory" />
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Add Manufacturer">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                                <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgAdd"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intCategoryId") %>' CommandName="AddMan" ImageUrl="~/Images/29.png" />
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Edit">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                                <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgCatEdit"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intCategoryId") %>' CommandName="CatEdit" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit_icon.png" />
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Archive">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                                <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgCatArchive"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intCategoryId") %>' CommandName="CatArchive" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit_icon.png" 
                                                OnClientClick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to archive this Category, This will Archive everything Underneath as well.');" />
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                </Columns>
                               </MasterTableView>
                              </telerik:RadGrid>



Protected Sub myRadGrid_DetailTableDataBind(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridDetailTableDataBindEventArgs) Handles myRadGrid.DetailTableDataBind
       If e.DetailTableView.Name = "myManufacGrid" Then
           sql = "Select intManufacturerId, intCategoryId, strManufacturer from Drat_Manufacturer where intcategoryId = " & e.DetailTableView.ParentItem.GetDataKeyValue("intCategoryId") & " AND bitArchive IS NULL " _
               & "Order by strManufacturer"
           e.DetailTableView.DataSource = getData(sql)
       End If
       If e.DetailTableView.Name = "myMakeGrid" Then
           sql = "Select intMakeID, intManufacturerID, strMake from Drat_Make where intManufacturerID = " & e.DetailTableView.ParentItem.GetDataKeyValue("intManufacturerId") & " AND bitArchive IS NULL ORder by strMake"
           e.DetailTableView.DataSource = getData(sql)
       End If
       If e.DetailTableView.Name = "myModelGrid" Then
           sql = "Select intModelId, intMakeId, strModel from Drat_Model where intMakeId = " & e.DetailTableView.ParentItem.GetDataKeyValue("intMakeId") & " AND bitArchive IS NULL ORder by strModel"
           e.DetailTableView.DataSource = getData(sql)
       End If
   End Sub


Protected Sub myRadGrid_NeedDataSource(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs) Handles myRadGrid.NeedDataSource
       Dim Cat As Integer = ddlCategory.SelectedValue
       Dim sqlWhere As String
       If Cat > 0 Then
           sqlWhere = "and intCategoryId = " & Cat & " Order by strCategory"
       Else
           sqlWhere = "Order by strCategory"
       End If
       sql = "Select intcategoryID, strCategory from Drat_Category where bitArchive IS NULL " & sqlWhere
       myRadGrid.DataSource = getData(sql)
   End Sub
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
2 answers
232 views
This is the third time ina row I have nto been able to get this working and at this point I need to know why.  Bascially all I am trying to do is get the modalpop working so that when someone picks on the edit button on the grid it pops up a panel so that they can edit some information what i get is the modalpop comes up and pushes down my gird instead of bing in middle and the it grays out everything under the grid and.  So basically it doe not center itself on the screen or gray it out appropriately.  I have tried 3 times before to get modalpopups to work with radgrid with same results.

<asp:ToolkitScriptManager ID="ToolkitScriptManager1" runat="server" />
          <asp:panel ID="pnlGrid" runat="server" Width="100%">
               <table width="100%">
                   <tr>
                       <td style="width:15%" align="left" valign="top">
                               <asp:Panel ID="pnlAdmins" runat="server" BackColor="#99CCFF" Width="260px" style="z-index:-1;height:auto">
                                   <asp:RoundedCornersExtender ID="pnlAdmins_RoundedCornersExtender" TargetControlID="pnlAdmins" Radius="25" runat="server" Corners="Right"></asp:RoundedCornersExtender>
                                   <table>
                                       <tr>
                                           <td>Pick Categories</td>
                                       </tr>
                                        <tr>
                                           <td style="height:5px"></td>
                                       </tr>
                                       <tr>
                                           <td>
                                               <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlDeployments" runat="server" Width="220" AutoPostBack="true"></asp:DropDownList>
                                           </td>
                                       </tr>
                                   </table>
                               </asp:Panel>
                            </td>
                            <td style="width:85%" align="left" valign="top">
                           <asp:LinkButton id="lnkAddCat" runat="server">Add Category</asp:LinkButton>
                           <telerik:RadGrid ID="myRadGrid" runat="server" Width="100%" BorderWidth="1px" CellPadding="6" GridLines="None" BorderColor="#404040" Skin="Web20">
                           <MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="false" DataKeyNames="intCategoryId" HierarchyDefaultExpanded="false" HierarchyLoadMode="ServerBind" 
                               BorderColor="#404040" Font-Size="12" Font-Names="Veranda,arial,sans-serif" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" Name="MasterGrid"
                               GridLines="Both" BorderWidth="1px" ExpandCollapseColumn-ButtonType="ImageButton" ExpandCollapseColumn-CollapseImageUrl="~/Images/30.png" 
                               ExpandCollapseColumn-ExpandImageUrl="~/Images/29.png"><ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                               <AlternatingItemStyle BackColor="#B0C4DE"  HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                               <HeaderStyle ForeColor="White" Font-Bold="true" BorderColor="#404040" BorderWidth="1px" />
                               <DetailTables>
                                   <telerik:GridTableView Name="myManufacGrid" runat="server" DataKeyNames="intManufacturerId" TableLayout="Fixed" BorderWidth="1px" CellPadding="6" Font-Size="10"
                                       AutoGenerateColumns="False" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" BorderColor="#404040" Font-Names="Veranda,arial,sans-serif" GridLines="Both" ExpandCollapseColumn-ButtonType="ImageButton"
                                       ExpandCollapseColumn-CollapseImageUrl="~/Images/30.png" ExpandCollapseColumn-ExpandImageUrl="~/Images/29.png">
                                       <ParentTableRelation>
                                           <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="intCategoryId" MasterKeyField="intCategoryId" />
                                       </ParentTableRelation>
                                       <HeaderStyle Font-Bold="true" HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="MostInnerHeaderStyle" />
                                       <ItemStyle CssClass="MostInnerItemStyle" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                       <AlternatingItemStyle CssClass="MostInnerAlernatingItemStyle" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                       <DetailTables>
                                       <telerik:GridTableView DataKeyNames="intMakeID" Name="myMakeGrid" Width="100%" TableLayout="Fixed" BorderWidth="1px" CellPadding="6" Font-Size="10"
                                           AutoGenerateColumns="False" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" BorderColor="#404040" Font-Names="Veranda,arial,sans-serif" GridLines="Both" ExpandCollapseColumn-ButtonType="ImageButton"
                                           ExpandCollapseColumn-CollapseImageUrl="~/Images/30.png" ExpandCollapseColumn-ExpandImageUrl="~/Images/29.png">
                                               <ParentTableRelation>
                                               <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="intManufacturerId" MasterKeyField="intManufacturerId" />
                                               </ParentTableRelation>
                                               <HeaderStyle Font-Bold="true" HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="InnerSubHeaderStyle" />
                                               <ItemStyle CssClass="InnerSubItemStyle" HorizontalAlign="Center"  />
                                               <AlternatingItemStyle CssClass="InnerSubAlernatingItemStyle" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                                               <Columns>
                                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="MAKE|MODEL" DataField="strmake" />
                                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Edit">
                                                       <ItemTemplate>
                                                               <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgMakeEdit"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intMakeID") %>' CommandName="MakeEdit" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit_icon.png" />
                                                       </ItemTemplate>
                                                   </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                   <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Archive">
                                                       <ItemTemplate>
                                                               <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgMakeArchive"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intMakeID") %>' CommandName="MakeArchive" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit_icon.png" OnClientClick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to archive Category, This will Archive everything Underneath as well.');" />
                                                       </ItemTemplate>
                                                   </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                               </Columns>
                                       </telerik:GridTableView>
                                   </DetailTables>
                                       <Columns>
                                           <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="MANUFACTURERS" DataField="strManufacturer"></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                           <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="ADD MAKE\MODEL">
                                               <ItemTemplate>
                                                       <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgAddPosition"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intManufacturerId") %>' CommandName="AddMake" ImageUrl="~/Images/29.png" />
                                               </ItemTemplate>
                                           </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                           <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Edit">
                                               <ItemTemplate>
                                                       <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgManEdit"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intManufacturerId") %>' CommandName="ManEdit" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit_icon.png" />
                                               </ItemTemplate>
                                           </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                           <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Archive">
                                               <ItemTemplate>
                                                       <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgManArchive"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intManufacturerId") %>' CommandName="ManArchive" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit_icon.png" OnClientClick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to archive Category, This will Archive everything Underneath as well.');" />
                                               </ItemTemplate>
                                           </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                       </Columns>
                                   </telerik:GridTableView>
                               </DetailTables>
                               <Columns>
                               <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Category" DataField="strCategory" />
                               <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Add Manufacturer">
                                   <ItemTemplate>
                                           <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgAdd"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intCategoryId") %>' CommandName="AddMan" ImageUrl="~/Images/29.png" />
                                   </ItemTemplate>
                               </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                               <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Edit">
                                   <ItemTemplate>
                                           <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgCatEdit"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intCategoryId") %>' CommandName="CatEdit" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit_icon.png" />
                                   </ItemTemplate>
                               </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                               <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Archive">
                                   <ItemTemplate>
                                           <asp:ImageButton runat="server" ID="imgCatArchive"  CommandArgument='<%# bind("intCategoryId") %>' CommandName="CatArchive" ImageUrl="~/Images/edit_icon.png" OnClientClick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to archive Category, This will Archive everything Underneath as well.');" />
                                   </ItemTemplate>
                               </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                           </Columns>
                           </MasterTableView>
                           </telerik:RadGrid>
                       </td>
                   </tr>
               </table>
           </asp:panel>
           <asp:Panel ID="pnlEdit" runat="server" style="display:none">
              <div>
                  <asp:button ID="btnEdit" runat="server" style="display:none" />
                   HELLO
              </div>
           </asp:Panel>
           <asp:ModalPopupExtender ID="pnlEdit_MPE" runat="server" PopupControlID="pnlEdit" TargetControlID="btnEdit"></asp:ModalPopupExtender>
          </form>

If (e.CommandName = "CatEdit") Then
           Dim CatID As Integer = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument)
           pnlEdit_MPE.Show()
       End If

Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
6 answers
461 views
I'm using a custom user control to handle inserting/updating data displayed in my RadGrid.  When using the popup edit mode, with modal set to 'true', some of my web controls within the user control do not load properly.  For example, I am using AJAX HTMLExtender with asp:textbox.  If I load the user control in editforms mode the the control displays normally with the toolbar across the top of the textbox.  However, when I load the user control in popup mode with modal set to 'true' textbox doesn't load at all.  Also, it appears that javascript within the user control does not fire in popup mode with modal turned on.  Can some one explain this disparity?  I wish to use the popup mode with modal set to 'true', as it's more intuitive to my user community.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
1 answer
89 views
Hi,
I have a Radtreeview control placed on the modal popup & it is working fine. But there is one requirement that we need to have vertical scrollbar only(horizontal scrollbar is not required.) on this modal popup depending on the data in the nodes.
I am unable to do that.
What I have done is placed the RadtreeView control in a div tag & applied a style overflow tag but it doesn't work.
Help me out.
Bozhidar
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
2 answers
130 views
When using "InPlace" for EditMode can I get the Edit and Cancel commands to stack vertically vs. horizontally within the GridEditCommandColumn?  I've created a custom GridTextColumnEditor that's multi line and need the extra width on the page that the horizontal command buttons eat up.
Jim Foster
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
8 answers
323 views
I am using the editor for a customer who wants to design print documents, so I need all font sizing to be specified in points. In the toolsfile.xml I have set up a realfontsizes element with only point values specified:

  <realFontSizes>
    <item value="6pt"></item>
    <item value="7pt"></item>
...
  </realFontSizes>

This works fine for setting font sizes, and Internet explorer does a fine job of setting the dropdown value when you return to a span, but Firefox and Chrome always show the dropdown value in pixels, even though the underlying HTML shows the font-size style tag is set properly. This same behavior exists when I look at the RadEditor demo with FF and Chrome. I have a customer requirement to support these browsers.

Any ideas out there?

-Dan


Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
4 answers
191 views
Please excuse if this is a duplicate, but did not find anything using search.

I have a grid using Grid_ItemCommand like so. If I want the built-in sorting functionality to continue to work, what do I put in the "case sort" :
Protected Sub rgOrderStats_ItemCommand(sender As Object, e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs) Handles rgOrderStats.ItemCommand
       Select Case e.CommandName
           Case "RowClick" 'show detail grid
               Dim index As Integer = e.Item.ItemIndex
               Dim item As GridDataItem = rgOrderStats.Items(index)
               'Get the values from the row using the columnUniqueName    
               Dim id As String = item("HID").Text
               Session("hid") = id
               'call detail
               'show radwindow with grid
               ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(Me.Page, Page.GetType(), "popgrid", "openDetail();", True)
           Case ("RebindGrid") 'refresh
               rgOrderStats.Rebind()
           Case "ExportToPdf"
               rgOrderStats.MasterTableView.ExportToPdf()
           Case "ExportToWord"
               rgOrderStats.MasterTableView.ExportToWord()
           Case "ExportToXLS"
               rgOrderStats.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel()
           Case "Sort"
               '??
       End Select
 
   End Sub
Scott Hannon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
4 answers
88 views
I am just starting to use the ApplyClass tool, and I have three questions.

First, In the documentation, it says that the dropdown will be filtered based on the type of element which is selected. For example, if I select a link element in the content area, the dropdown should include only global styles and styles with selectors starting with "a." However, it also includes styles starting with "img." and all others. The same behavior occurs in the demo. Am I misunderstanding something? (FYI - I am using CssFiles.Add() to attach a single css file to the editor).

Second - in IE, when an image or block element is selected, selection handles appear. When the selected element is positioned under the dropdown, these handles show through, making it hard to read. This does not occur in Firefox. Is it possible to fix this?

Finally, I would like to add a few classes with CssClasses.Add() after using CssFiles.Add(). However, CssClasses.Add() resets the list. It would be nice to have an option to avoid resetting the list, so I can append, rather than replace. In my situation, I can't just add the classes I need to the external css file.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?