RadComboBox with checkboxes

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Priyanka
    Priyanka avatar
    2 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 Link to this post

Hi,

I have the following RadComboBox but it is not displaying the checkboxes before each item in the combobox? Could you please let me know why the checkbox is not displayed?

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="plAddAssignments" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
    <Triggers>
    <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="btnAddCars" EventName="Click" />
    </Triggers>
    <ContentTemplate>
    <div class="title">
    Add/Modify Assignments
    <asp:Button ID="btnAddCars" runat="server" Text="Add Part-Car Assignment" CssClass="btn" />
    </div>
    <asp:Panel ID="plAddAssignmentsPanel" runat="server" DefaultButton="btnAddCars">
    <div id="newAssignment">
    <div style="padding: 15px; padding-right: 5px; background-color: #fff; border: solid 1px #ccc;">
    <span class="lbl">Display Make:</span>
    <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlMakeCars" runat="server" CssClass="ddl" Width="100px" AutoPostBack="true" />
    &nbsp;

<rad:RadComboBox ID="ddlBookx" runat="server" Enabled="true" Label="Books:" CheckBoxes="true" Width="100px"  EmptyMessage="All Books">
        <Items>
                                         <rad:RadComboBoxItem Text="Arts" />
                                         <rad:RadComboBoxItem Text="Biographies" />
                                         <rad:RadComboBoxItem Text="Children's Books" />
                                         <rad:RadComboBoxItem Text="Computers &amp; Internet" />                                 
                                    </Items>                            
    </rad:RadComboBox>

<span class="lbl">Model:</span>

Thanks,
    Priyanka
  2. Princy
    Princy avatar
    17421 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 Link to this post

Hi Priyanka,

Here is the full code I tried which works fine at my end. Please check the snapshot attached.

ASPX:
    <asp:UpdatePanel ID="plAddAssignments" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
        <Triggers>
            <asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="btnAddCars" EventName="Click" />
        </Triggers>
        <ContentTemplate>
            <div class="title">
                Add/Modify Assignments
                <asp:Button ID="btnAddCars" runat="server" Text="Add Part-Car Assignment" CssClass="btn" />
            </div>
            <asp:Panel ID="plAddAssignmentsPanel" runat="server" DefaultButton="btnAddCars">
                <div id="newAssignment">
                    <div style="padding: 15px; padding-right: 5px; background-color: #fff; border: solid 1px #ccc;">
                        <span class="lbl">Display Make:</span>
                        <asp:DropDownList ID="ddlMakeCars" runat="server" CssClass="ddl" Width="100px" AutoPostBack="true" />

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" Label="Books:" Enabled="true"
                            CheckBoxes="true" Width="100px" EmptyMessage="All Books">
                            <Items>
                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem text="Arts" />
                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem text="Biographies" />
                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem text="Children's Books" />
                                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem text="Computers & Internet" />
                            </Items>
                        </telerik:RadComboBox>
                        <span class="lbl">Model:</span>
                    </div>
            </asp:Panel>
        </ContentTemplate>
    </asp:UpdatePanel>

Thanks,
    Princy.
  3. Priyanka
    Priyanka avatar
    2 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 Link to this post

Hi Princy,

Thanks for your reply but still I am unable to get the checkboxes before each item in the dropdown. Please find the screen shot below:

Below is the html and please find the screen shot attached. What am I missing?

4. Plamen
    Admin
    Plamen avatar
    3076 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 Link to this post

Hello Priyanka,

I have tested the code provided by Princy as well and ti worked properly. The unusual behavior at your end may be caused either by some overriding code behind or some custom styles on the page. You can refer to this help topic where the Checkbox functionality is explained.

If you still observe the unusual issue please share the exact version of our controls that you are suing as well.

Regards,
    Plamen
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.