This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

PageRequestManagerServerErrorException

1 Answer 77 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mathew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mathew asked on 15 Feb 2012, 05:43 PM
Hello,

I have a RadScriptManager on a form along with a RadGrid.  I have an issue where 2 users (both with IE7 browsers) are able to populate the grid fine on their first try, but then sometimes have issues on subsequent attempts. There is a ‘Refresh’ button on the screen and it’ll usually work, but fails intermittently (usually after they’ve waited some time to refresh the report). 

I’m not able to recreate on my IE8 browser and the users currently don’t wish to upgrade from IE7.  Is this a known issue with IE7 and ScriptManager?  Is there any resolution to this issue?  This is the exact error that the users get:  “Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 500

Thanks.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pavlina
Telerik team
answered on 20 Feb 2012, 02:46 PM
Hello Mathew,

I suggest you perform some troubleshooting using the tips from the following resources:
Web Resources Troubleshooting
Web Resources demystified: Part 3 (Troubleshooting)

Please let us know if they help to resolve the error or you need additional assistance.

All the best,
Pavlina
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Mathew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavlina
Telerik team
Share this question
or