This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Radwindow Open problem

3 Answers 109 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
A K
Top achievements
Rank 1
A K asked on 02 Jul 2010, 01:47 PM

On button click I open a rad window . If opens fine when I close it and try to reopen with button click it won’t open on first click. But when I click one more time it opens fine.
This is the mark up for Radwindow.

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" OnClientClose="OnClientClose" >

<Windows>

<telerik:RadWindow ID="radAccountSetup" runat="server" Behavior="Default" InitialBehavior="None"

Left="0" NavigateUrl="~/SubscriberSetupPages/SubscriberSetupWizard1.aspx" Style="display: none;"

Top="0" OpenerElementID="<%# btnAccountSetup.ClientID %> " Width="825px" Height="550px"

AutoSize="false" Animation="Resize" KeepInScreenBounds="False" Modal="False"

VisibleStatusbar="False" Skin="Telerik" Title="Account Setup Wizard" VisibleTitlebar="False" DestroyOnClose="True">

</telerik:RadWindow>

</Windows> 

</telerik:RadWindowManager>

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jul 2010, 01:59 PM
Hello A K,

When you set DestroyOnClose to true this means that the RadWindow client object will be destroyed the first time you close the RadWindow. That is why when you reference it again there is now such a client object found and you get the js error. Furthermore when you use the RadWindow as a ContentTemplate the DestroyOnClose property is simply ignored because it does not make sense. This being said you should set DestroyOnClose="false".

Regards,
Svetlina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
A K
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jul 2010, 03:52 PM

If I don’t set this property window opens in the last opened status, I want to set it to original position.

This window is used as a wizard if use cancels out and closes the window it would open to the last wizard step instead of going to step 1 that’s why I had to set this DestroyONClose property.

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jul 2010, 02:36 PM
Hello A K,

The DestroyOnClose property will not work in this case as you expect - please try with and without it to confirm that the behavior will be the same. This property works only when the navigate url is used and this is the case in which it makes sense.

If you need to clear some values you can directly do this on the server or on the client because the controls reside in the very same page when ContentTemplate is used. If you continue experiencing problems, please send a very simple fully runnable page code here (no need for wizard, you can replicate e.g with a textbox) along with very detailed reproduction steps and explanations of the exact actual and desired behavior and differences between them and I will help you achieve what you need.

Best wishes,
Svetlina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Window
Asked by
A K
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
A K
Top achievements
Rank 1