This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Install problem

2 Answers 81 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Covertix
Top achievements
Rank 1
Covertix asked on 31 Aug 2008, 12:03 PM
Hello,

We have just purchased the full package of Telerik controls.
Before installing the release versions I've uninstalled all trial versions and made sure that do not appear in the Add/remove list of applications.
After intsalling the release versions, I'm forced to go over each one of the references in all projects and delete and add the references.
After finishing with the previous step all projects compile, but when I try to run a web project I get at runtime "Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadDateTimePicker' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Telerik.Web.UI\2008.2.826.20__121fae78165ba3d4\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Telerik.Web.UI\2008.2.723.20__121fae78165ba3d4\Telerik.Web.UI.dll'
"

How do I solve this issue? I'm trying gacutil but it fails.

Tzach.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Covertix
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Aug 2008, 12:28 PM
I've managed to uninstall the problemaqtic Web.UI.Dll and now move to new problems with the reporting. I don't understand why the installer does not perform this action for me.
Now I can't open the reportviewer as it gives me an error. I'll open a thread in the relevant forum.
I must say that this experience is quite frustrating. Are these install problems always going to happen when upgrading?
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 01 Sep 2008, 04:00 PM
Hi Tzach Kaufmann,

We believe that you will experience the same problems with any other assembly you use, when keeping multiple versions of the dll in the GAC and not referencing the exact version with fully qualified assembly name. You should always check the referenced versions in the Register directive in .aspx file and in the web.config file.
As to your Reporting encounters - can you elaborate on the exact problem? What do you mean by "can't open the reportviewer" - note that the reportviewer is used to show a report and provide means to manage it (print, export etc.)? Is there an error message and what is it?

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Covertix
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Covertix
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steve
Telerik team