This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadSpell Dictionaries

19 Answers 3282 Views
Spell
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Telerik Admin asked on 03 Jul 2008, 03:50 PM | edited on 09 Mar 2022, 08:23 AM

By default, RadSpell offers the following three dictionaries: English (en-US), German (de-DE) and French (fr-FR). All other dictionaries are provided by our customers and can be downloaded from the links below:

Please, note that some of the dictionaries can be incomplete and they are not supported by Telerik. If you create a new properly working dictionary and share it with our community, we will gladly award you for your work.

Starting from Q3 2010, we provide support for NHunspell and OpenOffice dictionaries for RadSpell. You can find how to enable this feature in the following code library project: Using OpenOffice spell provider in RadSpell.

Best regards,
The Telerik team

19 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sonia
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Sep 2010, 10:14 AM

Anyone please update me on this.

I need to add my custom Dictionary.

Have used CustomDictionarySuffix  as shown below

My Custom Dictionary file is at following location

\\SpellCheckPrototype\App_Data\RadSpell

Its name is "en-US-Custom.txt"

But its not working fine.As the words i added in this file are coming in spell check window.

Please let me know where i am wrong

Thanks
Sonia Dhamia

In HTML Design

<

telerik:RadSpell A ID="SpellCheckControl" EnableEmbeddedScripts="false" runat="server"

ButtonType="None" ClientTextSource="clientTextSource" CustomDictionarySuffix="Custom" DialogsScriptFile="../Telerik/CombinedSpellScripts.js" />

<input type="button" id="SpellCheckButton" value="Start SpellCheck" name="SpellCheckButton" onclick="InitiateSpellCheck();" />

In JS File

function

InitiateSpellCheck() {

try {

//HidePopupProcessing();

var sources = new Array();

//PopupProcessing();

$(

"[spellcheck=True]").each(function() {

sources.push(

new Telerik.Web.UI.Spell.HtmlElementTextSource(this));

});

var _spell = $('[id$=SpellCheckControl]')[0];

//var _spell = document.getElementById("ctl00_ctl00_SpellCheckControl").id;

var _spellid = _spell.id;

var spell = GetRadSpell(_spellid);

//var spell = GetRadSpell(_spell);

spell.set_textSource(

new Telerik.Web.UI.Spell.MultipleHtmlElementsSource(sources));

//SetDebugPoint(LabelCTR, "in startSpellCheck");

spell.startSpellCheck();

//HidePopupProcessing();

}

catch (e) {

HidePopupProcessing();

//alert(e);

}

}

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 06 Sep 2010, 02:04 PM
Hi Sonia,

en-US-Custom.txt is the name of the custom dictionary which stores the words added by the users, when the spellchecker uses its default configuration.

I noticed that you set CustomDictionarySuffix="Custom" which will create a custom dictionary with name en-USCustom.txt (without - slash between US and Custom). You can see how the CustomDictionarySuffix property works in the following live demo: Different Custom Dictionaries.

If you still experience any problems, open a support ticket and send a sample working project that demonstrates them.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jun 2011, 06:53 PM

Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jan 2012, 07:11 PM
Is there a location to get the latest dictionaries?  Or find more languages?  Or is the listing at the top of this thread the only place these are kept?

Thanks,
Jason
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jan 2012, 07:28 PM
Hi,

All available TDF dictionaries are listed at the top of this thread.

Greetings,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
haguila
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Dec 2012, 05:33 PM
Hi,
I think there are some small deficiencies that act against the set automation of the "spell.DictionaryLanguage" property.
For example, the use of the denomination "ar-AR" to refer the Arabic language generically, is inadequate because the identifiers "cutureInfo" of Microsoft, usually* are generated using a "language identifier" that can be accompanied by the "country/nation/culture identifier", mainly, according to ISO 639-1 and ISO 3166-1 alpha 2, respectively.
This causes that the identifier "ar-AR" may be interpreted as "The Arabic language as spoken in Argentina".
To reference the Arabic language in generic form, should be used simply "ar".

*In some cases a third element is uesd to identify to the character set, for example (az-AZ-Cyrl and az-Latn-AZ). There are other special cases, but do not seem to affect the arabic language.
Thaya
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Oct 2013, 08:55 AM
Hi 
I am looking for turkish dictionary "tr-TR", could you please provide the .tdf file for turkish?

Thanks
Thaya
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 14 Oct 2013, 01:04 PM
Hello Thaya,

All the dictionaries are listed in the first post of the thread. We do not have or support a Turkish dictionary.
If you cannot find a suitable tdf I can suggest examining this code library entry for using another dictionary type. You can, of course, create a custom provider for any other dictionary you may have.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
HASAN HUSEYIN
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2015, 09:53 AM
Hi 
 Do you have news about the production of Turkish library ?  Do you provide the .tdf file for turkish us if you have ?
Thanks
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 09 Feb 2015, 05:33 PM

Hello,

I am afraid the we do not have plans to create a Turkish dictionary, nor do we have one available, and thus my last response still stands valid: http://www.telerik.com/forums/147971-radspell-dictionaries#MY6dKdJ6WEqnTVQD2qqvMw.

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 10 Nov 2015, 08:50 AM
It would be nice to know the date of the dictionnaries, so that we can know when they are updated... if they are :-)
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 10 Nov 2015, 09:13 AM

To be honest, Patrick, they are not. Language does not change that much over a decade so the original dictionaries we took should still be relevant.

Marin Bratanov,
Telerik

Jozsef
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Apr 2016, 09:04 PM

Hi Marin Bratanov,

Good to see that there is a language file for hungarian language. I downloaded and configured it. It looks that it works, but i have a problem with hungarian characters(i.e.őúűáóüö). This file contains {} or () for these special characters. I checked the other (german)dictionary and the character encoding is good (i.e.ö) in that file. So can you check the hu-hu zip file. 

Thanks

Jozsef

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 21 Apr 2016, 06:59 AM

Hello Jozsef,

The dictionaries listed in the opening post are not provided or supported by Telerik, but come from clients of ours. If you fix the Hungarian dictionary and send it back to us, I will update it here and I will also award your efforts with Telerik points.

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Mayur Chauhan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Nov 2017, 05:54 PM
For the financial year 2017, we would like to know whether Telerik has owned any new spell check dictionary other than US, French and Germany ?
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 07 Nov 2017, 09:28 AM
Hi Mayur,

Thank you for your question.

Presently there aren't new dictionaries for the spellchecker, but if you'd like a specific one please request it in the feedback portal.

Thank you!

Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Mayur Chauhan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Nov 2017, 06:06 PM
Thanks for your response. 
Petros
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jun 2019, 10:28 AM
Do you have them in greek?
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2019, 08:43 AM
Hi Petros,

Please check out the following forum thread where you can obtain a Greek dictionary - https://www.telerik.com/forums/dictionary-for-greek and also learn how to configure RadSpell to use it.

Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
Spell
Asked by
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Sonia
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rumen