This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

New control suggestion

4 Answers 75 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Grady Werner
Top achievements
Rank 1
Grady Werner asked on 13 May 2008, 05:28 PM
The new controls in 2008 Q1 are great!  One idea for the future would be an audio control.  Currently, I cannot find any good audio control components out there for asp.net. 

It's actually fairly easy to embed sounds in a site, but not in a cross-browser way.  That, and some methods steal focus when the sounds play.  Would be nice to have this included with the library.  MP3 support would be icing on the cake....

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 May 2008, 03:24 AM
Hi Grady,

I think this is planned for the Silverlight realm of things, and I can recall something about the RadMediaPlayer for Silverlight 1.0 last year.  The editor also has some neat ways to embed audio into the pages but you're right that they aren't cross-browser.  I'm not sure if it would be possible to overcome the limitations / security features of the browser to achieve this or not - hence the reason for Silverlight.

PS: Are you the same Grady Werner from SmarterTools?  If so... any plans for a Silverlight version of SmarterTrack?  That would be suweet! :)

Shaun.
imran
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 May 2008, 04:52 AM
sdf
Grady Werner
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 May 2008, 06:50 AM
Why yes I am.  Thanks for asking!

A web 3.0 interface for our products is already in the works, and from what I hear in my meetings will operate side-by-side with a DHTML/AJAX interface like the one we have today.

More specific than that I can't get yet. You just have to wait for HostingCon. :) 

Thanks for the answer on the component, too.
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 May 2008, 12:53 PM
No problem.  Just as an FYI, I'm "sp129401" over on your SmarterTools forums and hence the extra background with the Telerik controls over there.  I've always been quite impressed with your implementations of the RadControls suite and the performance is truly amazing.  That speaks well for both Telerik and SmarterTools.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Grady Werner
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
imran
Top achievements