The Telerik Visual Studio Extensions are now included in the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX and RadControls for Silverlight installers in order to make the development of applications with Telerik RadControls faster and easier.
The main entry point for the Visual Studio Extensions is the Telerik menu. It is context sensitive and changes its state depending on the projects you are working on.
1) Create New Telerik Project menu item
This state can be observed when no solution is opened or the currently selected project is not suitable for use with RadControls.
Using the Create New Telerik Project menu item you can create a new Telerik Project with the provided New Project Templates.
2) Convert to Telerik Project menu item, other menu items disabled
This state can be observed when the currently selected project is suitable for use with RadControls and it has no reference to RadControls or that reference is broken.
Using the Convert to Project menu item you can:
- Telerik-Enable your application (add references to the RadControls assemblies)
- Fix your broken references
3) Upgrade Wizard, Configure Project and Add RadControls Template menu items
This state can be observed when the currently selected project has a working reference to RadControls.
Using the Configure Project you can configure your existing project's RadControls related settings.
Using the Upgrade Wizard menu item you can:
- Check and retrieve the latest available RadControls release;
- Change the version of RadControls the project uses.
Using the rest of the menu items you can deploy predefined templates with the most common scenarios in the development with RadControls.
4) Add RadControls Template menu items
This state can be observed when the currently selected project is a Telerik-enabled project and the item selected in the solution explorer is a project item rather than a project itself.
The menu items' purpose is the same as in the previous state.
the Telerik VSXTeam