Did you miss the live Telerik R3 2018 webinar? Never fear. We’ve not only recorded it so you can watch it on demand, but we’ve also shared a recap here.
The R3 2018 release of our Telerik UI tools is packed with exciting new features and improvements. Please take a couple of minutes to download the latest bits or a trial if you haven’t had the opportunity yet. You won’t be sorry!
We’ve added 20+ new controls and two new themes across the suite and we have implemented the latest WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards, so your apps are both modern and accessible by default.
Sam Basu and Ed Charbeneau hosted the release webinar to highlight some of the new features and functionalities in the Telerik suite. This was hosted live at TechBash in Pocono Manor, PA. If you weren’t able to join us live, fear not. We’ve posted it to YouTube and you can watch it at your convenience.
Here are a few highlights that Sam and Ed covered:
- MultiColumnComboBox component and new TreeList features for ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core
- ArcGauge and a new Chat feature for ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core
- Material-inspired theme for ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Core
- Feature enhancements for HTML Charts, Drawing, Gantt, PDF Export and Spreadsheet for ASP.NET AJAX
- The highly requested MultiColumnComboBox control is available for Telerik UI for WPF.
- A new NavigationView mode (a.k.a. Hamburger Menu) in the PageView and AgendaView to the Scheduler in Telerik UI for WinForms
- A new and improved AutoComplete control in Telerik UI for Xamarin - The AutoCompleteView
- Brand New Accordion and Expander navigation controls
- Built-in login, authentication and app feedback screens
- Financial and Donut Charts for the Charting component
- MultiDayView for the Calendar
- Load On Demand functionality to the TreeView
- Border and Checkbox as well as scheduling features for the Calendar control
- Nested Properties Support in the DataGrid
- Performance and look-and-feel improvements to add an additional layer of polish to our Conversational UI components.
You can read an overview of all the latest changes in the article, Telerik & Kendo UI R3 2018 Release: Themes, Components & Industry-First WCAG 2.1 Compliance.
Webinar Questions and Answers
Historically, we’ve answered questions on Twitter using the hashtag, #HeyTelerik. This time around, we decided to answer most of them during the webinar. That’s why it’s a good idea to watch the recording. We got through a lot of them in a short period of time!
As always, THANK YOU to everyone who joined us for the webinar, and for all the great feedback. Your feedback drives our product direction. Because of this, we are certain you will love the new features and improvements we’ve made in Telerik in the R3 2018 release. They were changes you requested. Please continue to share your thoughts at our Feedback Portal or in the comments below.