Today Telerik released the second service pack for the Q3 2008 RadControls for WinForms. It's been about a month and a half since SP1, and in that time a lot of great fixes and improvements have been added to the controls. The release notes, as always, have the full list of what's changed in this release, but here are a couple of enhancements of interest.
- Introduced an API for customizing XML Serialization
- Enhancements to the Validation API
- Improvement of the memory footpring and resource management
- Improved layout with Tabbed Documents
- New property AutoHideSize which can be applicated to DockPanels and TabbedDocuments
While it is never a goal to introduce a breaking change in any release, there was a necessary breaking change introduced for those using the RadOffice2007ScreenTip. The change was related to some layout issues that required the change. Details to accommodate the change are located in the release notes.