Easier Deployment with Telerik UI for WinForms
Before getting into what’s new in this release, let me share some hot news concerning our deployment procedures. Recently we loosened up our deployment requirements for the most commonly used deployment scenarios—commercial applications built with our controls. This will make your life easier and cut out a lot of extra work. If you're building such an application, you can simply set the Copy Local property of most (in fact all but one) of our assemblies and deploy them to your users. Note that some exceptions apply and you should always consult with the following article for the latest deployment requirements: Redistributing Telerik UI for WinForms. Of course, our support engineers will also be able to assist you if you have any questions.
Q3 2015 SP1
As usual, not much longer after an official release, we're delivering our service pack. We've continued investing resources on improving our most used control—RadGridView. In this release alone, we’ve made over 120 improvements in the suite, 70 of which are in grid control itself.
Of course, with every service pack we also like to introduce a few new things and this one is no different. Here are some of the highlights:
- Export to image functionality
- Features the long awaited full CRUD support for all hierarchy levels in object-relational hierarchy mode
- Full Cut row support, allowing for cutting a row and pasting its values in another row
- API for bringing row into view when paging is used
- Features the highly demanded fit to page and fit to width page modes.
- API for handling exceptions
- API for fine grain control over its scroll bars
- Performance improvements when navigating between pages
The release is already available in your Telerik account. If you don’t have one, you can also download a trial here.
As always, your comments are most welcome. You can also use our feedback portal to review and vote for current ideas or share new ones.