Kendo UI for Angular DropDownList Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular DropDownList is a form component that lets you choose a single predefined value from a list.
It is a richer version of the
<select> element and supports data binding, filtering, templates, and default items.
The following example demonstrates the Angular DropDownList in action.
- Data binding—You can bind the Angular DropDownList to a list of possible values containing arrays of primitive or complex data.
- Value binding—The DropDownList enables you to set its value to primitive or complex data.
- Filtering—Apart from its default filter functionality, the DropDownList provides options for setting a minimum length of the search symbols and a built-in filter directive.
- Grouping—You can group DropDownList items and display them as a grouped result.
- Virtualization—The Angular DropDownList supports a virtualization mechanism which noticeably improves the performance of the component when it handles large datasets.
- Default item—You can configure the default item of the DropDownList by using primitive or complex values.
- Disabled items—You can disable any of the DropDownList items and prevent users from interacting with them.
- Templates—You can customize the content of the DropDownList by using templates for its value, header, footer, and other elements.
- Forms support—You can use the DropDownList both in template-driven and reactive Angular forms.
- Adding new items—The Angular DropDownList allows you to render a button for the user to add new items to the list.
- Controlling the open state—The DropDownList enables you to configure the initially opened item and prevent the opening and closing of its options list.
- Cascading DropDownLists—The DropDownList enables you to render a series of two or more DropDownLists where each DropDownList is filtered based on the selected option in the previous DropDownList.
- Globalization—All Kendo UI for Angular Dropdowns provide globalization options.
- Accessibility—The DropDownList is accessible for screen readers and supports WAI-ARIA attributes.
- Keyboard navigation—The DropDownList supports a number of keyboard shortcuts for processing various commands.
- DropDownList Homepage
- Getting Started with the Kendo UI for Angular Dropdowns
- API Reference of the DropDownList
- Angular DropDownList Features
- "How to Build Modern Angular Dropdowns in Minutes with Kendo UI"
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Video Tutorial)
- Virtual Classroom (Training Courses for Registered Users)
- DropDownList Forum
- Before You Start: All Things Angular (Telerik Blog Post)
- Knowledge Base