Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
5 answers
674 views
When the user resizes a form and the RadMultiColumnComboBox is stretched to a larger size, the editor does not seem to stretch with it like you would expect.  So when you click the down arrow, the editor is much smaller than the width of the control.  Is there a property I can set?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jul 2012
2 answers
354 views
We have identified several occurrences of multiple/duplicated ToolBox items existing in the Visual Studio Toolbox. Unfortunately these seem to stem from a glitch in Visual Studio, which was still not reproduced reliably so that we can fix it, or ask Microsoft for a fix.

Below are the different kinds of occurrences and their possible fixes:
  • Duplicate Toolbox items, remaining two entries per control:
    • this could be a result of having parallel RadControls installations, which is the correct behavior (Visual Studio 2008 only)
    • this could be the result of an improper deregistration of an older RadControls distribution, followed by the registration of the newer one. Usually either of the two approaches below helps fixing the problem:
      • Close Visual Studio instances, start Windows Explorer, navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0 and delete the *.tbd files
      • Right-click the Toolbox inside Visual Studio and click Reset
  • Multiple entries per control, number increasing with each start of the IDE: this is the worst scenario we have come across. All the registry entries and files on the customer machine seemed fine in this case. The only fix we were able to apply was a complete uninstall of RadControls and Visual Studio 2010, followed by a clean install of the IDE and the RadControls.
Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
The Telerik team
Petar
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jul 2012
6 answers
1.8K+ views
When I have only 1 result in a grid, and I try to programmatically select that row it does not set the SelectedRows or associated properties.

var newrow = CurrentOrdersGridView.Rows.Where(o => ((TDOC2.UIFunctions.ORDER.OrderSearchResult)o.DataBoundItem).PRI == oldpri).FirstOrDefault();
 
            if (newrow != null)
            {
                CurrentOrdersGridView.CurrentRow = newrow;               
            }

I select the newrow from the gridview's Rows collection.  I see that I have a valid newrow.  CurrentRow is null before I set it to newrow, and gets set properly, but the SelectionChanged event doesn't fire.  And if you look at SelectedRows it has a count of 0, even though CurrentRow is properly set.  If I have 2 or more records it works fine.  It seems to me that the first row in Rows is considered selected by default, and so it's not registering a change.  But at the very least SelectedRows should be set when I assign newrow.
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jul 2012
1 answer
387 views
hi telerik,

how to make Gridviewcombobox column element not selectable based on some condition, and also how to set that element background colour to some other colour(like gray).


Thanks

Uday
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jul 2012
2 answers
172 views
Hi, Telerik team .
I using Telerik control winform Q1 2012
I set my RadMultiColumnComboBox with AutoFilter property is True.
And i set TabIndex of them as my picture in Attach file.
Then i select one value of RMCCombobox 1. Next i focus in RMCCombobox 2 .The next step i Press Shift + Tab to focus in RMCCombobox 1. Now, RMCCombobox 1 auto open popup and filter with value is current text of it. it wrongs,Behavior must be just focus in RMCCombobox 1.
Are you have any idea for my problem?
Thanks for reading.
Exclamation
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Jun 2012
6 answers
250 views
Hello,

Thanks for all the answers to my questions thus far!

This time I'm having trouble setting the alternativerowcolor of a gridview programmatically after setting the datasource. Essentially something like this would be ideal:

radGridView1.TableElement.AlternatingRowColor = Color.Blue;

However, I can see no way of getting to the table element from the gridview, even through the rootelement, mastergridviewtemplate and gridelement properties...

Thanks for the help!
Jeremy
Edgar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Jun 2012
17 answers
1.1K+ views
We want to show the close button on some tabs in the PageView, but not all. Can the closebutton visibility be specified pr tab, instead of as a property on the parent PageView?
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Jun 2012
1 answer
236 views
I'm having problems using themes with Winfoms 2012 Q2, there're not working.
They don't appear in the combobox for the controls and if I manually change them programaticly.. they don't show up during running time.
What am I doing wrong? Is it some kind of bug of Q2, when will it be corrected.

Thank you in advance
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jun 2012
3 answers
241 views

Hi

I have a radgridview bounded to a list (i'm using entity framework for my db backend). i have some number and string fields and a list<string> field in my data list.

Now i want to convert that list<string> into comma separated string and then show it in it's grid column.

I know how to convert list into string(via string.join), but i don't know how could i tell to radgrid to show joint string.

So, which event of radgrid is a good place to change column or row data to display?

I mean an event that fires when radgrid is populating columns or rows data(with access to original bounded data).

Please help me.

Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jun 2012
1 answer
264 views
I have the following forms
1- A MDI Child form which has a ribbon bar
2- A MDI Parent Form which also has a ribbon bar

Is it possible when opening the MDI Child form to have it's ribbon items be merged to the parent form ribbon (first tab)?,
the mdi child will have only one ribbon tab. 
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jun 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?