Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
152 views
Hi,

is it possible to allow the Column Chooser on the MultiColumn ComboBox

thanks
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jun 2012
7 answers
744 views
Hi,

I can't find an example for the RadListView and Drag & Drop items for reordering.
I am also missing some visual aids during the drop event like in the GridViews Row Drag&Drop example.

Regards,
Tom
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jun 2012
1 answer
548 views
Hello,

I am exporting RadGridView to Excel in Winforms.  
In the resulting Excel sheet I need to add an image in the top left cell A1, and some text in cell A4.
I have the code to add the text, but how can I insert an image?
 
Here is the code from the _ExcelTableCreated event. 

// example
        void exporter_ExcelTableCreated(object sender, ExcelTableCreatedEventArgs e)
        {
            SingleStyleElement style = ((ExportToExcelML)sender).AddCustomExcelRow(e.ExcelTableElement, 50, "MY HEADER");
           
// This is what I need:  
// Image img = (Image)Properties.Resources.logo;
// SingleStyleElement style = ((ExportToExcelML)sender).AddCustomExcelRow(e.ExcelTableElement, 50, img);

            style.FontStyle.Bold = true;
            style.FontStyle.Size = 18;
            style.InteriorStyle.Pattern = InteriorPatternType.Solid;
            style.AlignmentElement.HorizontalAlignment = HorizontalAlignmentType.Left;
            style.AlignmentElement.VerticalAlignment = VerticalAlignmentType.Center;
        }

//end of example

Next, I need to turn on the AutoFilter for the Row 2, since my header row now moved down one row.   (Ctrl-shift-L shortcut in Excel turns on AutoFilter).   

I found the thread about exporting to Excel with autofilter for ASP.NET, but did not locate an example for WinForms.
 
Thank you in advance!
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jun 2012
1 answer
210 views
I'd like to programmaticly read a value from a theme. I've created the following item:

       <Telerik.WinControls.Styles.XmlRepositoryItem ItemType="Gradient" DisplayName="MyNormalControlColor" Key="MyNormalControlColor" Capacity="4">
        <XmlPropertySetting Property="Telerik.WinControls.VisualElement.BackColor" Value="0, 0, 0" />
        <XmlPropertySetting Property="Telerik.WinControls.Primitives.FillPrimitive.GradientStyle" Value="Solid" />
        <XmlPropertySetting Property="Telerik.WinControls.Primitives.FillPrimitive.NumberOfColors" Value="1" />
      </Telerik.WinControls.Styles.XmlRepositoryItem>

If I'm in my code (C#), any idea how to read that value out of the theme to use it when drawing?


Thanks.
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jun 2012
1 answer
1.9K+ views
How do I programmically change the background color of the column headers in a DetailsView ListView? I know there is a VisualItemFormatting event, but I am not sure if the headers pass through this event.
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jun 2012
1 answer
172 views
Morning,
Before I log this as an issues, I want to ensure that what I am doing is correct.  I am using the RadTreeView with 3 levels of node and I am dynmaic assigning context menus based on the level.

private void RadTreeView1_SelectedNodeChanged(object sender, RadTreeViewEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.Node.Level == 0) 
         { 
                 e.Node.ContextMenu =ContextMenu1 ; 
         } 
     else if (e.Node.Level == 1) 
        { 
                 e.Node.ContextMenu =ContextMenu2; 
        } 
     else (e.Node.Level == 2) 
        { 
                e.Node.ContextMenu =ContextMenu3 ; 
        } 
}

When I right click on the level 2, my context menu works perfect.  When I right click on any other level, I get a single line of pixels which I believe is my menu.  Am I doing the correctly?

Thanks

James
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jun 2012
5 answers
524 views
How  can i change the Height of the buttons in Strip view mode?

See the image
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jun 2012
1 answer
153 views
Hi. I'm writing a medical schedule system and I am using the Winforms Scheduler control. Each doctor has diferent working days and each day can have several timework.
 For instance, in Mondays Doctor A works from 9:00AM to 12:00AM in the morning and from 16:00PM to 18:00PM  in the afternoon, On Tuesday, Wednesday and thursday he doesn't work and in Friday he works from 12:00AM to 14:00AM in the morning and from 18:00PM to 20:00PM in the afternoon.
I would like to draw that working hours in the scheduler control and  disable every hour out of his working hours so the user can't create an appointment in that time.

How can I do that??

Thanks
Javier
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jun 2012
4 answers
202 views
Hi Telerik Team
     I use version Q2 2009.
     I use following code to add progress bar as a column
"            if (e.CellElement.ColumnInfo is GridViewDataColumn && ((GridViewDataColumn)e.CellElement.ColumnInfo).FieldName == "Progress")
            {
                if (e.CellElement.Children.Count > 0)//the progress bar is already added to cell                         
                    return;

                RadProgressBarElement element = new RadProgressBarElement();
                element.Minimum = 0;
                element.Maximum = 100;
                element.Value1 = 70;
                element.Value2 = 90;

                e.CellElement.Children.Add(element);
            }"

Everything seems to be OK, but when windows bar is scrolled down and scrolled up, the sequence of progress bar is changed.

I find that someone said it is because some cells are reused to make radgridview be quick.

Can you give me a solution to make progress bar column didn't change when windows bar is scolled down and up.

Thank you very much.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Jun 2012
8 answers
480 views
Hello,

Is it possible to change the BackColor of a set of characters in a cell in order to highlight search results?  I know I can change the background of the cell but I would like to highlight the text as Outlook does when you are searching for an email.  Thank you for your help.

Tyler
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jun 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?