Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
177 views
Hi,
i have a custom appointment class. I define mapping and bind to scheduler. All works but i need to change my custom appointment outside sheduler and  see the change in the scheduler for example outside change "start date" or "backgroundid".
How to get it.

Thank you
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jun 2012
7 answers
1.4K+ views
I have recently downloaded the the trial version of the Telerik .Net controls (2012 Q1).  I loved the demos but the Telerik controls are corrupting my Visual Studio installations so I can't properly evaluate the product.  In both Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 my toolbox takes on the order of 5-10 minutes to load.  The message I get is "Initializing Toolbox".  I ran devenv /log <filename> and isolated the issues to the Telerik tools.  This is an example of one of the log records.

  <entry>
    <record>462</record>
    <time>2012/05/11 06:53:08.562</time>
    <type>Information</type>
    <source>Microsoft.VisualStudio.IDE.ToolboxControlsInstaller.ToolboxInstallerPackage</source>
    <description>Attempting to add WPF Toolbox item Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadEntityFrameworkDataSource</description>
  </entry>
  <entry>
    <record>463</record>
    <time>2012/05/11 06:53:08.562</time>
    <type>Warning</type>
    <source>Microsoft.VisualStudio.IDE.ToolboxControlsInstaller.ToolboxInstallerPackage</source>
    <description>Could not retreive a localized version of Telerik Data 2012 Q1. Using non-localized category name to add to the toolbox.</description>
  </entry>

I also get multiple instances of the Telerik controls showing in my Toolbox.  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the Telerik controls.  When they were uninstalled Visual Studio ran fine.  After installing them again I had the same issues.  I would really like to evaluate this product but have been wasting a lot of time just trying to get it installed properly.  Is there something I am missing?

TonyG
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Jun 2012
4 answers
196 views
Hi! Sometime last year I installed Telerik Winforms Controls, and all worked fine. But then came the updates, and since then it's total chaos. In the toolbox are controls missing, although they're checked in the chooser. Other controls appear 2, 3 or even 4 times in the toolbox. And what's worse; I'm getting error messages such as these all the time:
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
---------------------------
Cannot find type Telerik.WinControls.Themes.Design.RadThemeDesignerDataAttribute in module Telerik.WinControls.dll.
---------------------------
Can I uninstall the whole thing and is there a download that allows me to re-install everything INCLUDING all updates in one go?

Hoping for a solution, because I'm getting pretty desperate...
Martin
TonyG
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Jun 2012
2 answers
635 views
hello,
I am manually loading the GridView and in CurrentRowChanged event of the gridView i am trying to fill the set of textboxes and label control with data present in the selected row of the  GridView.
Here are the codes:
1. manually Loading GridView data in a method
 private void loadAllUsers()
        {
          
            var obj = _dataAccess.GetAllMembers();
            if (obj != null && obj.Count > 0)
            {
 
                gvListUsers.Visible = true;
 
                gvListUsers.Columns.Clear();
                gvListUsers.AutoGenerateColumns = false;
                gvListUsers.MultiSelect = false;
                gvListUsers.EnableGrouping = true;
                gvListUsers.EnableCustomGrouping = true;                
                gvListUsers.ShowGroupedColumns = true;
                
 
                gvListUsers.DataSource = obj;
 
                var textBoxColumn = new GridViewTextBoxColumn();
                textBoxColumn.Name = "TextBoxColumn";
                textBoxColumn.HeaderText = "ID";
                textBoxColumn.FieldName = "MembershipID";
                textBoxColumn.Width = 50;
                gvListUsers.MasterTemplate.Columns.Add(textBoxColumn);
 
 
                var txtColumnUsername = new GridViewTextBoxColumn();
                txtColumnUsername.Name = "txtBoxColumnUsername";
                txtColumnUsername.HeaderText = "UserName";
                txtColumnUsername.FieldName = "Username";
                txtColumnUsername.Width = 120;
                gvListUsers.MasterTemplate.Columns.Add(txtColumnUsername);
                             
                var textBoxColumnFirstname = new GridViewTextBoxColumn();
                textBoxColumnFirstname.Name = "TextBoxColumnFirstname";
                textBoxColumnFirstname.HeaderText = "Firstname";
                textBoxColumnFirstname.FieldName = "FirstName";
                textBoxColumnFirstname.Width = 120;
                gvListUsers.MasterTemplate.Columns.Add(textBoxColumnFirstname);
 
                var textBoxColumnMiddlename = new GridViewTextBoxColumn();
                textBoxColumnMiddlename.Name = "TextBoxColumnMiddlename";
                textBoxColumnMiddlename.HeaderText = "Middlename";
                textBoxColumnMiddlename.FieldName = "MiddleName";
                textBoxColumnMiddlename.Width = 120;
                gvListUsers.MasterTemplate.Columns.Add(textBoxColumnMiddlename);
 
                var textBoxColumnLastName = new GridViewTextBoxColumn();
                textBoxColumnLastName.Name = "TextBoxColumnLastName";
                textBoxColumnLastName.HeaderText = "Lastname";
                textBoxColumnLastName.FieldName = "LastName";
                textBoxColumnLastName.Width = 120;
                gvListUsers.MasterTemplate.Columns.Add(textBoxColumnLastName);
 
                var textBoxColumnIsActive = new GridViewTextBoxColumn();
                textBoxColumnIsActive.Name = "TextBoxColumnIsActive";
                textBoxColumnIsActive.HeaderText = "Active";
                textBoxColumnIsActive.FieldName = "IsActive";
                textBoxColumnIsActive.Width = 100;
                gvListUsers.MasterTemplate.Columns.Add(textBoxColumnIsActive);
                //column formating
 
               
            }
            else
            {
                gvListUsers.Visible = false;
            }
        }
2. CurrentRowChanged Event: using this event i am assigning the currentrow data of gridview to different textboxes and label control.
 private void gvListUsers_CurrentRowChanged(object sender, CurrentRowChangedEventArgs e)
        {
            UpdateInfo(this.gvListUsers.CurrentRow);
        }
 
        private void UpdateInfo(GridViewRowInfo currentRow)
        {
            if (currentRow != null && !(currentRow is GridViewNewRowInfo))
            {
		//gettting error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
                this.lblMembershipID.Text = this.GetSafeString(currentRow.Cells["MembershipID"].Value);
		this.txtUsername.Text = this.GetSafeString(currentRow.Cells["Username"].Value);
            }
        }
3.
	private string GetSafeString(object value)
        {
            if (value == null)
            {
                return string.Empty;
            }
            return value.ToString();
        }
4. i am getting "object reference not set to an instance of an object" error when am assigning currentrow data to the label control and for textbox too. I am unable to track it why i am getting this error. Kindly suggest me what can be done to resolve this issue. Thanks!!!!
Gopal
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Jun 2012
2 answers
143 views
Hello,

We're using the Telerik WinForms RadGridView and populating the DataSource with a generic IEnumerable<>. There can be children, and children of children, open ended, that I want to show hierarchy.

Something like this: Product -> Features -> Features -> Features (yes, the features can have features). I want to show these in the list hierarchically.

Best regards,

Michael
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jun 2012
1 answer
140 views
Hi..
I have a problem with RadTreeView, when I change the text attribute of node, the value attribute change also to the same value.

please any idea to work around this problem will be Grateful.

Thanks

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jun 2012
3 answers
274 views
Hi everyone,

i'm exporting my RadRichTextBox content to a HTML string using the following options:
HtmlFormatProvider provider = new HtmlFormatProvider();
provider.ExportSettings = new Telerik.WinControls.RichTextBox.FormatProviders.Html.HtmlExportSettings();
provider.ExportSettings.DocumentExportLevel = Telerik.WinControls.RichTextBox.FormatProviders.Html.DocumentExportLevel.Fragment;
provider.ExportSettings.StylesExportMode = Telerik.WinControls.RichTextBox.FormatProviders.Html.StylesExportMode.Inline;
 
result = provider.Export(this.Document).Replace("font-style: ;", "");

I want to use this string as in input for the reporting HtmlTextBox. So far so good. But all underlined text elements are ignored by the report, because the HtmlTextBox doesn't support the 'text-decoration' element.

Is there a more or less simple way to replace the 'text-decoration's with a standard html <u></u> which is supported by the reporting HtmlTextBox?

In gerenal it would be a killer function if the output of the RadRichTextBox could be 100% compatible to the reporting HtmlTextBox by setting a property... ;)

Regards,
Michael
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jun 2012
2 answers
264 views
If I add a tool window to a RadDock I can drag the window off the form to create a new window. If I add a document window, however, I cannot drag it off the form to create a new form like window. Can anyone advise what my options are here? Slicc
Slicc
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Jun 2012
1 answer
120 views
Hey all,

I have a shaped form that I'm opening from within my main form.   I'd like the form to automatically be opaque, when the mouse leaves the bounds of the form so that the user can look under it.  Here's the simple code so far...

public myShapedForm()
{
    InitializeComponent();
    this.Opacity = .5;
}
 
private void myShapedForm_MouseEnter(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    this.Opacity = 1;
}
 
private void myShapedForm_MouseLeave(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    this.Opacity = .5;
}

I'm happy to see that setting the opacity of the form also sets the opaticy of the child controls, but....

The only issue I'm finding is that the MouseEnter only works if I'm hovering directly on the form with no other controls in the way.  (ie. If I have a GroupBox on the form, it doesn't work, nor does it work if I hover over the titlebar.

Is there a different Event that I should be using or, should I be looking for something like the "NotifyParentOnMouseInput" property that I've seen on some Rad Controls, but I haven't seen those for the controls I'm using.  (RadGroupBox, RadTextBox, etc.)

Thanks for your help!!

Rob.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jun 2012
1 answer
171 views
I have a treeview on my form and I'm adding nodes to it in the Form.Load event.  When I run the code, the vertical and horizontal scrollbars appear as if all the nodes were expanded; the scrollbars aren't needed but they appear anyway.  I have to expand and then collapse each node, and then everything works as expected. Is this a bug? Do I need to set a certain property to prevent this?
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jun 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?