Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
142 views
Hello,

This may be more of a TreeView category, but I'll start here anyway.

We've been a subscriber to the Codejock FlexibleTreeView control for some time now. I've been round and round with one of the senior developers here about why we chose it in the first place and what it's usefulness is to the application.

Anyway, long story short, it has some draw backs that are getting in the way of migrating our application into current platforms: it's basically a 32-bit ActiveX OCX, chock full of all the goodness that goes with that territory as you can imagine.

So... We're also a subscriber to Telerik more recently, so I'd like to find out: what control(s) does Telerik support that would provide a comparable, though maybe not precisely identical, user experience as the FlexibleTreeView?

Thanks...
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jul 2012
1 answer
183 views
Hi,

How do i prevent/trap the ctrl+c (paste) in a read only cell.

Thanks,
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jul 2012
12 answers
607 views
Hi,

I use the RadControls for WinForms Q1 2012 SP1. I've localized my RadTimePicker Strings in C# exactly as you recommended it here. But the close button doesn't change to the localized string. Can you help me? 

Best, 

Peter 
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jul 2012
2 answers
1.4K+ views
Please take a look at the attached image.

As you can see I have vertical columns but I'm facing 2 problems.

1) The bigger issue is that for a lot of the columns, it cuts off the name and displays ... Even for the 1st one to show up the way it did, I for some reason had to expand the WIDTH of the Allocated To column. However all columns after the Reviewed column are dynamic and vary based on the database this is run against. See the image marked 2. I had to expand the last column to get the height to increase more and finally had to make it even wider for all the text to be readable. However I can't afford to make these columns that wide. Like I said they are dynamic and will hold at most 2 digits. I have searched your forums and tried the following but it does absolutely nothing. I have tried different numbers as well without luck.

rgv.TableElement.TableHeaderHeight = 200;

God knows why something that should be soooo simple is made so needlessly complex. I can't expand the height of the row by pulling down also on the row (or through code) but can increase it by increasing the column width. Who came up with this logic?

2) Would it be possible to have some columns show up horizontally and some vertically? This is not such a big deal...it would be a nice to have feature.

Issue #1 is more important so any help on that will be appreciated. 
Rahul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Jul 2012
4 answers
164 views
Hi.

I have a problem with the RadDateTimePicker, when i want to enter 23:15 it always falls back to 11:15.
(Those times are just examples it happens with every number greater than 11 - 12 falls back to 00 so i cant even input midday)

Culture = de-AT.
Format = Custom or Time (same Problem)
CustomFormat = dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm

Hope you can help me fix this Problem.
Random
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Jul 2012
6 answers
398 views
Hello!
I upgraded the version of Telerik controls from v.2011.2.11.831 to v.2012.2.608.20. For the event TextChanged i have the following code:
private void RBCMultiColumnComboBox_TextChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    if (!this.IsDesignMode)
        if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(this.Text) && this.AutoFilter)
        {
            this.SelectedItem = null;
            this.SelectedValue = null;
            this.EditorControl.FilterDescriptors.Clear();
            this.NullText = string.Empty;
            FilterDescriptor filterDescriptor = new FilterDescriptor(this.DisplayMember, FilterOperator.Contains, string.Empty);
            this.EditorControl.FilterDescriptors.Add(filterDescriptor);
        }
}

The problem is that i am getting an stackOverflowException. Can you guide me for a possisble solution, please. Thank you!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jul 2012
2 answers
109 views
If I change the DateFormat property of the schedulerNavigator to "dd.MM.yyyy", it still shows the date in the format "yyyy.MM.dd". Is this a bug in the current version (tested with 2012.2.608.40) or am I missing something?
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jul 2012
7 answers
310 views
Hi,

it's possible to export the data contained into a GridView to a PDF document?

Thanks.
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2012
4 answers
205 views
Hello,

I want to create a rad dropdown button with items that only display an image with no text. 

For each RadMenuitem, I deleted the text, and set the displayStyle to "Image;" however, the text portion of the menu items still show up with blank text and make the menu very large.

Thanks,
Mike
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jul 2012
1 answer
211 views
Hello!
I upgraded the version of Telerik windows controls from v.2011.2.11.831 to 2012.2.608.20. I opened another thread before i have encounter this error:
Open the design form, make any changes (for example, i changed the position of a random control), close the design form and then reopen. I get the error "exception of type system.componentmodel.design.exceptioncollection". When i look in resx files, the version of controls is still the old one. Please, see the attached file. Can you tell me what is happening?

Thank you!
Petar
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jul 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?