Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
157 views
I have 2 lineseries charts, one under another.  The horizonal axes labels come from the same data set, however the vertical axes for both vary.

Since the labels for the vertical axes are different, the 0 points for each chart are not aligned.  I haven't been able to figure out how to get these to line up.  What am I missing?

I am trying to accomplish something like that is in the demo for ChartView -> Chart Types -> Stock Series \ Indicators except that I want the vertical axes on the right hand side.

Attached is a screen shot of the 2 graph unaligned.
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Nov 2012
3 answers
305 views
When I retrieve a SortDescriptors.Expression from my RadGridView the column names are not escaped when they have a space in the name. The FilterDescriptors.Expression does this correctly (IMO) or at least returns what I expect.

For example, I have a RadGridView bound to a DataTable with the following columns: ID, Unit ID, Name
I have the grid sorted by the column 'Unit ID' and also filtered to include only records where 'Unit ID'=1 at run-time.
I then run the following commands:
string sort = this.myRadGridView.SortDescriptors.Expression;
Console.WriteLine(sort);
 
string filter = this.myRadGridView.FilterDescriptors.Expression;
Console.WriteLine(filter);

I get the following output:
Unit ID ASC
([Unit ID] = 1)

With the FilterDescriptors.Expression value I can insert that string directly  back into a SQL query with no issues. With the SortDescriptors.Expression I have to run an addional routine on the result before I can use it in a query.

I have a workaround I am using right now (simple string replace) but the inconsistant results were something I thought I should bring up here. Maybe the SortDescriptors could be changed to work more like the FilterDescriptors in the future? Anyway, this post is mainly an 'FYI' but if anyone has any comments or tips, they would be appreciated.
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Nov 2012
3 answers
214 views
Hi,

When I click the "Click here to add a new row" text on a grid, the new row is overlaid on the text and I insert values in place. The RowIndex of the new row is -1, and this allows me to differentiate between an insert and an edit,

If I call Rows.AddNew though it looks like the row is inserted and then edited, which means it is assigned a RowIndex and I can't now check whether this is an insert or update.

In the BeginEdit event, I check the RowIndex to determine whether we are inserting or editing as some of the columns are Insert Only as :

Dim rowindex As Integer = e.RowIndex
            If rowindex > -1 Then
                If CustomCheckForInsertOnly Then
                    e.Cancel = True
                    Exit Sub
                End If
            End If

This works fine for a click initiated insert, but doesn't for a programmatic insert as the RowIndex is now assigned. 

Is there a way to simulate the "Click here to add a new row" behaviour when calling Rows.AddNew, or alternatively another way to differentiate between an insert and an update in BeginEdit?

Thanks,

Mark.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Nov 2012
10 answers
686 views
Hello,

does any body know how to download

Q2 2010 SP2 (version 2010.2.10.914)  version for winforms.

or
RadControls_WinForms_2010_2_10_914_dev.exe file

i am unable to find for downloading.

help appreciated.


Thanks

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Nov 2012
4 answers
160 views
I've set up a Context Tab Group which contains at least 1 tab.  The Name of the tab is shorter than the name of the Context Tab Group name.  This results in the Context Tab Group not fully displaying the name.  It appears that the width of the Context Tab Group takes on the width of all the children tabs associated to it.  How can I lengthen the width of the Context Tab Group to fully display the text regardless of cumulative width of the children tabs?  I've done some trial and error with the AutoSize, AutoSizeMode, and FitToSizeMode to no avail.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Nov 2012
4 answers
214 views
How to move or insert group header grid.?

Thank you.
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Nov 2012
1 answer
196 views
I am having trouble removing the Rounded edge of my form which has a RibbonBar. How do I remove the rounded edge? You can see this picture of my current form in TelerikMetroTheme with rounded edge. 

My project is here in case needed for reference. Is there a quick way to do this?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2012
9 answers
217 views
I have WinForm Q2 2010 SP2.
Update changes notify adding horizontal scroll in RadListControl.
But, When inserting long text item, it still do not show horizontal scroll automatically.
What I do for it?
I'm using HTML rendering.
Below link will show this problem.
RadListControl problem
ZT885048
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Nov 2012
1 answer
601 views
I have added one RadGridView in Telerik(C#) Winform. I need a column with both text and image data in it. But RadGridView only have header image option. Kindly help me out.....
Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Nov 2012
18 answers
407 views
i have a data grid that populates data from sql on page load and its working fine. however  users are able to edit, delete these items although it doesnt affect the database. how do i set the data grid to avoid this
Bee
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Nov 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?