Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
453 views
Does GridView use an internal in memory bitmap buffer and then bitblt or does use GDI vector api to paint itself on the screen?

Experiment:  Application using RDP terminal server 6.1. Slow bandwidth, high latency connection, rdp server in europe and rdp client in USA east coast.

The grid is drawn slowly, a little box (about 100x100 pixel) appears in the upper left corner, then other boxes are slowly drawn on client screen.

Actually the same data displayed by legacy microsoft access 97 is 10x faster.

How can we improve responsiveness, paying whatever is necessary in terms of ugliness, quality, flickering, whatsoever?

Best Regards.

Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2012
1 answer
243 views
Hello,
Since Test Studio has no plans to support testing Telerik WinForm applications could you advice a tool or may be tricks for solving this problem?

The best regards,
Igor
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2012
13 answers
676 views
Hi

I am new to Yelerik controls and need some help..

I am having a problem looping trough selected items in a ListBox and get the selected value of the item..

Usually i would do this in a foreach loop:

private ArrayList GetItems() 
        { 
            ArrayList retVal = new ArrayList(); 
            for(int i = 0; i < listBoxLanguages.Items.Count; i++) 
            { 
                if(listBoxLanguages.GetSelected(i) == true) 
                    retVal.Add(i); 
            } 
            return retVal; 
        } 

but this does not work in RadListBox control...... GetSelected method does not exist :-(

Any help in appreciated.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2012
4 answers
447 views
The documentation does not show how to capture the events from the custom Item buttons.

http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/listview-custom-items.html

Please can we have an example in vb.net 

thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2012
1 answer
385 views
Hi Telerik Team,

I am getting this error:

,"App Excep: System.Web.HttpException: An error occurred while communicating with the remote host. The error code is 0x80070001. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070001): Incorrect function. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070001)

   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

   at System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.RaiseCommunicationError(Int32 result, Boolean throwOnDisconnect)

   at System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.ReadEntityCoreSync(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

   at System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent()

   at System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection()

   at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form()

   at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Item(String key)

   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression.IsAjaxRequest()

   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression.Compress(HttpApplication application)

   at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)Monday, November 19, 2012   at System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.RaiseCommunicationError(Int32 result, Boolean throwOnDisconnect)

   at System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.ReadEntityCoreSync(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)

   at System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent()

   at System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection()

   at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form()

   at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Item(String key)

   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression.IsAjaxRequest()

   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression.Compress(HttpApplication application)

   at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)Void RaiseCommunicationError(Int32, Boolean)System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070001): Incorrect function. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070001)",2012-11-19 19:45:51.227

 


This error is coming on the production server. this is not coming on local or the staging server. I am using asp.net 2.0 and sql server 2008. and using telerik..is this something related to telerik..
please help..this is urgent.. i think this errror comes when there is load on the server.
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2012
1 answer
154 views
Simple question that I was not quite able to find an answer to...
I have a binding list collection of Person objects.  Each Person object has a collection of Person objects.  For example, everyone is a person.  Some persons have children.  They are persons.  They can have kids, and so on and so on.

I bound this to a tree view but only got the first level of items.  I then added ParentMember and ChildMember values - these are used for a simple collection as compared to my hierarchy of same nodes thus it did not work.  I then tried to use the Object Relation mode and specified a display value that hit the first level of nodes and then went to the second level - "PersonName\\PersonName".  I did the same with the ValueMember.  Great, I now got two levels of tree control. 

The question is how to get N levels?  Do I do something like "PersonName\\*" in an attempt to tell it to repeat?  Do I need to do this manually rather than binding?

And lastly, I did read that Drag And Drop will NOT work with bound Trees.  If that is the case then I will do all of this work manually - I would think that you could support drag and drop but would have to rely on my code to actually do the movement of the actual data structure.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2012
4 answers
845 views
I have a RadGridView with a GridViewDecimalColumn.  A row has the value of 51.34.  I set the DecimalPlaces property to 0 but the value still displays as 51.34.  Should this not display as 51?
Jippy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Nov 2012
2 answers
250 views
I have set my RadDock MainDocumentContainerVisible = false and BorderStyle = none. But there is still a borderline on the left and top. If I set the BorderStyle to FixedSingle, the whole thing has a border, but the Left and Top still have an extra wide border. What is causing this?

Thanks,

G
Glenn
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Nov 2012
1 answer
154 views
I have radgridview with data written in design time i.e, code
this.radGridView1.Rows.Add("Jjkh", 19, 2, 9, 12, 21,52, 44, 63,56, System.DateTime.Now);
            this.radGridView1.Rows.Add("Jjkh", 10, 2, 9, 12, 21, 52, 44, 63, 87, System.DateTime.Now);
            this.radGridView1.Rows.Add("eur", 16, 2, 9, 12, 21, 52, 44, 63, 34, System.DateTime.Now);
            this.radGridView1.Rows.Add("usd", 14, 2, 9, 12, 21, 52, 44, 63, 23, System.DateTime.Now);
            this.radGridView1.Rows.Add("Jjkh", 67, 81, 33, 4, 55, 66, 7, 7, 11, System.DateTime.Now);
After this i've written code for forecolor:
for (int i = 0; i < radGridView1.Rows.Count; i++)
            {
                for (int j = 1; j < 4; j++)
                    this.radGridView1.Rows[i].Cells[j].Style.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.White;
                this.radGridView1.Rows[i].Cells[4].Style.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Blue;
                this.radGridView1.Rows[i].Cells[5].Style.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red;

            }
But for back color, i've written in radGridView1_CellFormatting,
e.CellElement.BackColor = Color.Blue;
But the event radGridView1_CellFormatting is not binding with any method..
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2012
5 answers
583 views
Prior to using RadGridView, i made use of the new DataGridView in .NET 2.0.

consider the code below, where i successfully populate the row headers:

string[] userInputParams = new string[] {"apples","oranges",
                                                              "mangos",
                                                              "guanábana"}
 for (int i = 0; i < userInputParams.Length; i++)
 {
                gridRows.Add();
                gridRows[i].HeaderCell.Value = userInputParams[i];
}

How would i acheive this with the telerik RadGridView winform control?

thank you
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?