Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
168 views
Hi, this is the first time i use VisualStyleBuilder. I've made a custom title bar but when i try to use on my form and try to maximize it, the form become cutted to a width and height by default.


I've attached some screenshot.
Ciro
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Nov 2012
2 answers
279 views
First of all thank you guys for this great product "telerik winforms RadScheduler" it is life saver for my final year project, where i had issue with multiple users.

Issue: i want to display appointments for specific user, i.e. only authorized user can view appointments(his own).
i have project that looks similar to outlook, but i am implementing multiple user. where each user can login and view/edit/update his own appointments. appointments of other user should not be displayed.(User can view/edit appointments that belongs to him)

while this point was implementing scheduler for single user. its working fine thanks to your support and documentation.example in Quick start helped me lot. 

for this function i added custom field "UserID" its working fine, similar to example appointmentWithEmail.
i tried to sort appointments while filling dataset with adapter, this displays information correctly but now i cant save appointments.

so my question is how can i achieve this functionality "Multiple Users" ?
 Note : i am not experienced developer, i am student still learning programming.help ONLY Few days left for final submission of my project.  

Project : Personal Information Manager
 language -
 VB.net (visual studio 2010)
Back End - MS Access 2010


Shah
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Nov 2012
1 answer
205 views
Hello, 

I have RadGridView for Winforms 2012 Q1, it has the AutoGenerateColumns property set to True so the number of columns is dictated by the datasource.  I'd like to add totals to gridview for the numeric data, I can do this at design time using the SummaryRowsBottom property/collection but since I do not know how many columns will be display I need to do this at runtime.  I do know that the columns I want to Sum start at column 2 to TotalNumOfColumns.  So I can iterate through the columns collection ...I'm just not sure which event is the best to add the summary nor the syntax.

Thanks
Kerry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Nov 2012
24 answers
583 views
Hi ,
 I created a custom data provider as directed in http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/using_a_data_provider.html to populate my appoitnment from the database.

Now How do I save the appointment details when the appointment is moved or resized.

thanks
santosh

Shah
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Nov 2012
7 answers
594 views
Hi,

I upgraded my application from 2009.Q1 to 2010.Q3.

I have code to create RadComboBox dynamically and bind dataset to ComboBox and set to 'no selection' like this:

radComboBox.Text = null;
                                radComboBox.SelectedValue = null;
                                radComboBox.SelectedIndex = -1;

The code which was working in previous version is not working in new version. It is selecting first item in the list items.

I tried setting following ways also:

 radComboBox.CloseDropDown();
 radComboBox.Text = "Select Option";

&

 radComboBox.CloseDropDown();
 radComboBox.Text = " ";

In both the cases, it is selecting the first item.

So what changed in new version, that causes not to work.

Thanks for any help.




Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Nov 2012
1 answer
152 views

Hi Telerik,

Is this Marked Zones Chart available in “2011.2 11.831 (Aug 31, 2011)” version of Windows forms

Regards

Vinodh

Missing User
 answered on 23 Nov 2012
4 answers
585 views
Hi,

  I want to know how to open drop down for Rad Multi - Column combo box even after  lost focus from multi-column combo box  i..e multi-column combo box leave event.

Thanks & Regards,
Surya.
Surya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Nov 2012
4 answers
163 views
Hi,


Is there a way to restrict a RadTreeNode selection zone? In other words, I want to select/highlight a node only when the mouse is over the tree node name, and then not being able to select/highlight a node when the mouse is located in a blank space.


Regards.
Nathalie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Nov 2012
1 answer
363 views
Hey there,

I am having troubles rerendering/reloading/reimporting the fixed/preferred width of a table within the RichTextBox:

Here is how I insert my table:

var table = new Table
                        {
                            Borders = new TableBorders(new Border(1, Telerik.WinControls.RichTextBox.Model.BorderStyle.Single, Color.Black)),
                            LayoutMode = TableLayoutMode.Fixed,
                            PreferredWidth = new TableWidthUnit(200) 
                                              
                        };
 
            for (int i = 0; i < 2; i++)
            {
                var row = new TableRow();
 
                for (int j = 0; j < 2; j++)
                {
                    var cell = new TableCell
                    {
                        Background = Color.White,
                        Padding = new Padding(3)
                    };
 
                    var paragraph = new Paragraph();
                    var span = new Span { Text = "c"+ i + j };
 
                    paragraph.Inlines.Add(span);
                    cell.Blocks.Add(paragraph);
                    row.Cells.Add(cell);
                }
 
                table.Rows.Add(row);
            }
            this.richTextBox.InsertTable(table);


This works fine. The RichTextBox control inserts the table with the preferred width. The HTML code it creates after exporting is:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
   <head>
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
      <title>Untitled</title>
      <style type="text/css">  .p_384D933F { margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px;text-align: left;text-indent: 0pt;padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; }   .s_6BF1D20F { font-family: 'Calibri';font-style: normal;font-size: 16px;color: #000000; }   .p_CC664AAA { margin: 0px 0px 12px 0px;text-align: left;text-indent: 0pt;padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; }   .tbl_77AF2C2D { border-collapse: collapse;table-layout: fixed;width: 200px; }   .tc_C0034B80 { border-left: 1px solid #000000;border-top: 1px solid #000000;border-right: 1px solid #000000;border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px;background-color: #FFFFFF;vertical-align: top; }   </style>
   </head>
   <body>
      <p class="p_384D933F"><span class="s_6BF1D20F"> </span></p>
      <table class="tbl_77AF2C2D">
         <tr>
            <td class="tc_C0034B80" align="left" valign="top">
               <p class="p_CC664AAA"><span class="s_6BF1D20F">c00</span></p>
            </td>
            <td class="tc_C0034B80" align="left" valign="top">
               <p class="p_CC664AAA"><span class="s_6BF1D20F">c01</span></p>
            </td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
            <td class="tc_C0034B80" align="left" valign="top">
               <p class="p_CC664AAA"><span class="s_6BF1D20F">c10</span></p>
            </td>
            <td class="tc_C0034B80" align="left" valign="top">
               <p class="p_CC664AAA"><span class="s_6BF1D20F">c11</span></p>
            </td>
         </tr>
      </table>
      <p class="p_384D933F"><span class="s_6BF1D20F"> </span></p>
   </body>
</html>

Rendering it in any browser also works fine. The table's width is still 200.

However, if I try to import that HTML into the RichTextBox control again:

IDocumentFormatProvider provider = new HtmlFormatProvider();
           Byte[] convertedText = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(htmlStream);
           RadDocument document = provider.Import(convertedText);
           richTextBox.Document = document;

The RichTextBox control renders the table with auto-fit style, means the table's fixed width 200 renders incorrectly.

Am I doing anything wrong in the import call or is this a bug in the control?

Thanks,
Jean


Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Nov 2012
3 answers
523 views
Requirements
RadControls version 2012.2.912.40
.NET version 4.0
Visual Studio version 2010
programming language VB.Net
  
PROJECT DESCRIPTION
I tried to reproduce the demo sample that generates the Check-box in the drop-down list.  In the Demo applications it is called
Dropdown & List/Creating New Items

The VB.Net code seems to be a missing event details as there are no handles int he code to copy for the events below
Private Sub ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As ListItemDataBoundEventArgs)
Private Sub ItemDataBinding(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As ListItemDataBindingEventArgs)  
Private Sub CreatingVisualListItem(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As CreatingVisualListItemEventArgs)
I added some handles, but dont seem to get the Dropdown to generate properly

Private Sub ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As ListItemDataBoundEventArgs) Handles RadDropDownList1.ItemDataBound, RadListControl1.ItemDataBound
Private Sub ItemDataBinding(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As ListItemDataBindingEventArgs) Handles RadDropDownList1.ItemDataBinding
Private Sub CreatingVisualListItem(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As CreatingVisualListItemEventArgs) Handles RadListControl1.CreatingVisualListItem

I tried to modify the code but could not get  the the  check-box in the drop-down item ,while it does in the List-box

There seems to be a missing event, and in the demo code?

Thanks 

Denis
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Nov 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?