Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
264 views
Hi,

How to have rowspan in radgridview for winform; i basically need to achieve below mentioned functionality using radgridview winform.

col1 col2 col3 col4 col5
1 a   1 a
2 b 2 b
3 c 3 c
4 d 4 d
5 e 5 e
6 f 6 f
7 g 7 g
8 h 8 h
Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Nov 2012
1 answer
149 views
Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding using RadCarousel with RadHostItems:
  1. Is there an option to add a title under a HostItem (as can be done with RadButtonElement : DisplayStyle = DisplayStyle.ImageAndText)
  2. When Carousel HostItems are rotating they do not change their size (becoming smaller as they move away from the view and
      becoming bigger when they move into the view) while other items (like ButtonElement) do change their size.
      Can I make the HostItems change their size as well?


thank you
shachaf
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2012
3 answers
159 views
Hi Guys

I have used the Property Grid to present all the information about a 'record' that is stored in a Database.

It's very nice and the customer likes it. Especially the part where we can define the <Description so the user gets to see a description of the parameter they are looking at.

e.g

<Description(

"The number the Customer was ringing from"), _

 

Category(

"Contact Details")> _

 

Public

 

Property A_Nummer() As String

 


However they now want multiple language support and I am struggling with how to handle difference languages for the property Desciption and Category Attributes. If I use any other than a fixed description , I get an error stating 'Constant Expression Required'

At present I am looking at having to create separate classes for each language and loading a different class dependant on the langauge the user wants. I already have different classes dependant on what type of record the user selects to view, so then I need each of those in a different langauge that can be selected ( Yuk)

It would be far easier to use the translate function I currently use to load the description text!

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Rob

Update, I have gone though the events looking for something that may allow me to reformat the text that is being displayed.. but havent worked out anything..
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2012
4 answers
239 views
Hello,

Checkbox column displays as "True" or "False" when preforming print preview.
Is there a way to display other values only on printing mode?
For example:
instead of true display + and instead of false display -

Thanks.
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Nov 2012
1 answer
363 views
I have created a class AsyncClass and
Receives as an argument the path to the file has one of the Image property.
Default file loaded into memory before the image from the Image properties
Return when you load the file into memory and returns the file loaded in the Image properties

At the time the file is loaded I want to change the image of the ListView's Row informs this possible?
(like wpf binding  )

private void radListView1_ItemDataBound(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.ListViewItemEventArgs e)
 {
            DataRowView rowView = e.Item.DataBoundItem as DataRowView;
            AsyncImage ai = new AsyncImage(rowView["FilePath"].ToString());
            e.Item.Image = AsyncImage.Image;
 }
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Nov 2012
20 answers
442 views
Hello,
   I have a small problem with the Q3 2010 Release of
Scheduler Navigator.

        How can I set the timezone to the timezone
 of the computer user's clock. (it looks really bad for
the user to have to set the time every time the app is
 loaded.)  I looked and looked and can't find it. Need
 help bad!   (VB.NET Visual Studio) 2008 / 2010
                                                   Thanks in advance!    
                                                                   Jeff Link 
 
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Nov 2012
6 answers
667 views
Hi!

How can I change the hover color in GridView. I want change the hover color and selected color.

I have a code in  like this:

if(myCondition ==true)
 {
         e.RowElement.DrawFill = true;
         e.RowElement.GradientStyle = GradientStyles.Solid;
         e.RowElement.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.LightSteelBlue;
         e.RowElement.ForeColor = System.Drawing.Color.Black;
}
else
{
          e.RowElement.ResetValue(LightVisualElement.BackColorProperty, ValueResetFlags.Local);
          e.RowElement.ResetValue(LightVisualElement.GradientStyleProperty, ValueResetFlags.Local);
          e.RowElement.ResetValue(LightVisualElement.DrawFillProperty, ValueResetFlags.Local);
          e.RowElement.ResetValue(LightVisualElement.ForeColorProperty, ValueResetFlags.Local);
}

thanks
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Nov 2012
0 answers
146 views

hi em using telerik radschedular for my fyp i have faced serious problem during working and still i havent fixed it  plz help me  i get inherited edit appointment form of radschedular now i want whenever i click or make new on particular schedular it open that inherited form i used radschedular event handler     

private void radScheduler1_AppointmentEditDialogShowing(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.AppointmentEditDialogShowingEventArgs e)
        {



           Form3 ob = new Form3();
           ob.Show();
        }

form 3 is editappointment form it gives me error when i doubleclick or make schedule on schedular error is "child is not child control of their parent" em beginer on c# plz help me thanks in advance

Shah
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 15 Nov 2012
7 answers
373 views
Hi,

I think I saw a line somewhere which said that one could download the source code of the Demo Hub application that is packed into the Winforms download. However, I have not been able to locate this anywhere. Can anyone help me with this?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2012
28 answers
2.3K+ views
Hi,
I am using Telerik.WinControls.UI,RadDropdownList in winform.I have to display user list into dropdown.but prior to that i want to add "select user" as default item in dropdown list.
When I tried it using following code,it gave me following error.
Display:
I have datasource that contains John,Andy and Ren as users.While displaying it on winform,I want to display "--select user--" as first item in it. like below;
I want following type of dropnlist
--select user--
John
Andy
Ren


Code
is given below:

   Dim uBl As New UserBusinessLogic()

        Dim _user As IQueryable(Of User) = uBl.GetAllUsersByCompany(_project.Company.CompanyID)

 

        Dim RadListDataItem1 As RadListDataItem = New RadListDataItem()

        RadListDataItem1.Selected = True

        RadListDataItem1.Text = "Select User"

        RadListDataItem1.Value = "0"

 

        Me.ddlUsers.DataSource = Nothing

        ddlUsers.Items.Clear()

 

        Me.ddlUsers.DataSource = _user

        Me.ddlUsers.DisplayMember = "UserName"

        Me.ddlUsers.ValueMember = "UserID"

        Me.ddlUsers.Items.Add(RadListDataItem1)


Error:

RadListControl can not transition directly from bound to unbound mode. The data source must be removed first.


please give me solution ASAP.
Thanks in advance.

Vaibhav
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?