Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
221 views
Hi ,

I am using Rad Controls for WIndows version of Q1-2012 .Kindly ,can any one help me how to use the barcode functionality in my vs2008 windows application .
I cound't not find any namespace in for this functionality in my application .
Thanks & Regards,
martin RObert
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2013
1 answer
193 views
My regional settings in Windows show that date should be formatted as follows:
yyyy-MM-dd
'den 'd MMMM yyyy

Now, when I show a DateTime in you RadPropertyGrid, I get this weird format:
item.Value == "2013-02-12 14:46:39"
item.FormattedValue == "2-12-2013 2:46 "

FormattedValue is shown in the UI (I haven't set the CultureInfo in my app, and all my resources are marked as Neutral). To me, this looks like some non-standard format string.
1) It doesn't use my system's locale.
2) The time has no "PM" suffix.
3) The string has a trailing space.

What's going on? Why doesn't the formatter respect my settings?
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2013
1 answer
188 views
Hello,

When the radCheckBox is disabled you can not see the check mode on breeze theme.
This bug was handled at the new version of telerik.
I have a custom theme that I need to fix.
What are the changes that have been done at the style of this control?

Thanks.
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2013
1 answer
140 views
See attached image. Can you please explain why "Status" is visible when I type in "te" in the search filter box?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2013
5 answers
201 views
Hi Guys

I'm trying to get the strip buttons to hide in my PageView and at the same time add in a RadButtonElement into the stripview button panel. The strip buttons do not want to hide and indeed won't hide when asked even when I don't add my RadButtonElement. I've tried the usual code from forum posts to no avail. I must be doing something wrong so any help would be great.

I use the following code. Note that I commented out another attempt to hide the buttons so you could see what I tried. The outcome of the code is in the attached screenshot.

private RadButtonElement btnAddTradingRule = new RadButtonElement();
 
    btnAddTradingRule.Image = Resources.Plus24;
    btnAddTradingRule.ImageAlignment = ContentAlignment.MiddleCenter;
    btnAddTradingRule.Click += BtnAddTradingRuleClick;
    btnAddTradingRule.MinSize = new Size(28, 28);
 
    rpvModelRule.RootElement.Children[0].Children[0].Children[1].Children.Insert(0, btnAddTradingRule);
 
    //foreach (var button in rpvModelRule.RootElement.Children[0].Children[0].Children[1].Children.Where(a => a.GetType() == typeof(RadPageViewStripButtonElement)))
    //{
    //    button.Visibility = ElementVisibility.Hidden;
    //}
 
 
    var radPageViewStripElement = rpvModelRule.ViewElement as RadPageViewStripElement;
    if (radPageViewStripElement != null)
    {
        radPageViewStripElement.ShowItemCloseButton = false;
        radPageViewStripElement.StripButtons = StripViewButtons.None;
 
    }
Ian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Feb 2013
6 answers
377 views
Hello,

I just started to use WinForms 2011 Q3 SP1. 
and can't get multicolumncombobox work properly.  Please help.

When users type in a letter in multicolumncombobox, I will send a search to web service fetching a list of symbols (together with other info of the symbol) that begin with the typed letter. say, if a user types "A",  the search will return symbols begins with "A", like A, A1, AB, ABC, etc. Each symbol has 3 columns,  name, description, group. 
I subscribe textchanged event, however, it seems it does not work well. 
When I type in one letter, it is OK, when I type in two letters say "A", then "B",   after I type in "A", cursor goes back to the beginning of text, so it displays "BA". 
Also I have to unsubscribe textchanged event and re-sub in the handler, otherwise, the text changed event is triggered endlessly.
I wonder is there a better way? 

Thanks 

        private void radMultiColumnComboBox1_TextChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            var searchText = radMultiColumnComboBox1.Text.Trim();
            var url = "https://mysearchURL?substring=" + searchText;
            url = SecurityElement.Escape(url);
            var request = ServiceBase.GetHttpWebRequestWithHeaderProxy(url, basicAuthorizationEncode64);
            var response = request.GetResponse();
            Stream streamResponse = response.GetResponseStream();
            if (streamResponse != null)
            {
                var streamRead = new StreamReader(streamResponse);
                String strData = streamRead.ReadToEnd();
                var resultlist = Deserialise(strData);
                radMultiColumnComboBox1.TextChanged -= radMultiColumnComboBox1_TextChanged;
                radMultiColumnComboBox1.DataSource = resultlist;               
                radMultiColumnComboBox1.MultiColumnComboBoxElement.ShowPopup();
                radMultiColumnComboBox1.Text = searchText;
                radMultiColumnComboBox1.TextChanged += radMultiColumnComboBox1_TextChanged;
            }
        }
Xavier Soares
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Feb 2013
3 answers
161 views
Hi

How would you create a Windows 8 look alike "app bar" that Shows/Hides under program control. 

Thanks
Rich
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2013
1 answer
150 views
Hi,

I'm new to Telerik and testing it, so my question is probably simple, but after some experiments I must confess, I am confused.
My scenario is very simple: the user click on the button (ribbon) and a new search result (grid) should appear as a new form inside of the toolwindow. At the beginning, there is no toolwindow at all. Each new result should be contained in the same, only one, toolwindow (tooltabstrip?), so the user can float it all at once.

I tried to use:              

if (host == null)
    {
        host = this.radDock1.DockControl(form, DockPosition.Left);
    }
    else
    {
        this.radDock1.DockControl(form, host, DockPosition.Fill);
    }


It seems to be working fine, but, when I float this tollwindow and use the procedure obove I the floating state, then, after docking (per double click), all the windows created in the floated state, appeared as additional toolwindows.

My questions are:

  1. Why?
  2. What is the proper way to handle my scenario?

 

Thanks.

Pirx  

Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2013
4 answers
311 views

Hi.

I am using RadPropertyGrid to reflect the fields of my own class which is inherited from RadTreeNode. RadPropertyGrid displays all properties from my class and all properties from RadTreeNode but I need to filter only Valuable ones. I was using ICustomTypeDescriptor interface for solve this. This solution works fine for System.Windows.Forms.PropertyGrid but does not work with RadPropertyGrid. Please help me with my problem.

Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2013
3 answers
336 views
Hello,

I have just started to look into the HTML View for the radgridview and I have some questions (Issues ?) about it:

First of all, I manage to create a view, playing with colspan and rowspan, linking to the columns and data (Big thanks for your documentation !). You can see the first result on BaseHtmlView.jpg

But I have some problem with (auto)sizing my RowHTMLTable !

I would like to autosize my columns to take the entire place on my gridview. But I also want to limit the max size of my first columns (the one with a picture). So I have set AutosizeColumnsMode to Fill, change the maxsize on the column (I haven't find something in the viewdefinition about it). You can see the result on AutoSizeHtmlView.jpg. Not so bad... The maxsize on the first column do nothing (I wasn't expecting too much about it), have to find another way. 

Then I tried to change my windows size to fullscreen. Outch... My grid is going outerspace ! See AutoSizeFullScreenHtmlView.jpg. 

As a bonus you can also try to set autosizeRows = True. It's not looking good !

So how could I configure my HTML view definition to have something like FinalAutoSizeHtmlView.Jpg (It works fine with mouse resizing on runtime).

On a html table, you can set the width and height with absolute value ("width=100px") or relative value ("width= 75%") and you can mix relative and absolute values ! Don't you think it will be a beautiful feature for Radgridview ?

Thanks for reading.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?