Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
3.3K+ views
Hi, I have an import feature that I want to display progress while its running.
the import feature is located  in a MdiChild
the progress bar is located  in a radStatusStrip on the Parent form

here is the code I have and yet the Progress bar doesn't move untill after the loop is done.

int j = Textbox_InputText.Lines.Length;
(ss.Items[1] as RadProgressBarElement).Maximum = j;
int i;
            for (i = 0; i < j; i++)
            {
                ....Do import stuff


                //I tried .Value++ also and same results
                //(ss.Items[1] as RadProgressBarElement).Value1++;
                (ss.Items[1] as RadProgressBarElement).PerformStepValue1();
            
               

            }

PLEASE Help, I am extremely frustrated with this.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2013
1 answer
128 views
AllowAdd = true;

When I right-click a node and choose "New", I want to make sure that the Tag of RadTreeNode is set to some important data. I'd expect the CreateNode event to solve this:

private void radTreeView_CreateNode(object sender, CreateTreeNodeEventArgs e)
{
    e.Node.Tag = obj;
}

However, this event is not called when I choose "New". Is this a bug or a feature?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2013
2 answers
201 views
I'm adding all my nodes in the NodesNeeded event. Then, in the NodeFormatting event, I'm changing the image of the nodes using the ImageKey.

The problem is that NodeFormatting is not called for all visible nodes. It seems it gets called for arbitrary root nodes when I expand one of the roots or when I scroll up and down. What's going on?

UPDATE
If I explicitly set the ImageKey when adding the nodes (which I don't want to do), then all images are updated when I click inside the tree view. Calling Refresh() after adding the nodes does not help.

UPDATE 2
Another problem...
when I double-click node A its icon changes to "Open" and is kept open until I select one of its child nodes. When a child is selected, the icon changes to "Closed". I have put breakpoints at all places where I set the icon to "Closed" and it does not fire. Hence, for some reason, the RadTreeView manages to revert the icon to its previous state...
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2013
9 answers
392 views
When a ribbon is added to my main form, the main window looses its theming for the title bar and window borders.

Steps to reproduce:
Version 2012.1.321.40 Trial
Create a new project - make it a Telerik windows application.
Drop the Office2010Black them on the form in the Designer.
Add the following to your form constructor:

public MainForm()
{
InitializeComponents();
ThemeResolutionService.ApplicationThemeName = "Office2010Black";
}

Run the application.  Notice the tile bar is themed.  The thing looks nice.

Now add a ribbon bar.
Tell it that it is fine to add the behavior it wants to.
Add a new tab and a new group.
Run the application.

Notice the title bar is no longer themed.  Basically it looks really ugly.  See the attached PNG file.

What do I need to do to make the entire application honor the theming?

Thanks in advance for your great support.


Mohsen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Feb 2013
1 answer
427 views

Hello,

 

I would like the RadPageViewPage to automatically resize itself to its contents when the contents is changed.

 

It appears that when the contents of the RadPageViewPage is changed its height stays the same. fig1 shows the height before content is modified fig2 shows the height after content is modified(pressing ‘Next’ button), fig3 shows the height after one of the RadPageViewPage tabs is clicked, clicking 'Next' after that keeps the same height. It appears that if a tab is clicked the RadPageView resizes itself. So how can I make the RadPageView resize itself to its content programmatically.

 

Code to reproduce:

 

    public Form1()
    {
        InitializeComponent();
 
        var spa = new SplitContainer()
        {
            Orientation = Orientation.Horizontal,
            Dock = DockStyle.Fill
        };
        spa.FixedPanel = FixedPanel.Panel2;
        spa.SplitterDistance =300;
        this.Controls.Add(spa);
 
        var rpv = new RadPageView()
        {
            Dock = DockStyle.Fill,
            ViewMode = PageViewMode.ExplorerBar
        };
        ((RadPageViewExplorerBarElement)rpv.GetChildAt(0)).ContentSizeMode = ExplorerBarContentSizeMode.AutoSizeToBestFit;
        var pag = Enumerable.Range(0, 3).Select(a =>
            new RadPageViewPage() { Name = "Page" + a, Text = "Page" + a, IsContentVisible = true }
        );
        rpv.Controls.AddRange(pag.ToArray());
 
        spa.Panel1.Controls.Add(rpv);
 
        var cn = 0;
        var b1 = new Button() { Text = "Next" };
        b1.Click += (o, e) =>
        {
            var cpag = rpv.Controls.Cast<RadPageViewPage>().ToList();
            cpag.ForEach(a => a.Controls.Clear());
            cpag.ForEach(a => a.Controls.Add(new RadLabel() { Text = (cn++) + "\na\nb\nc\nd\ne\n" }));
        };
        spa.Panel2.Controls.Add(b1);
    }
}

 

Any help would be appreciated,

Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2013
1 answer
296 views
Hello,

I'm using version 2012.3.1310.40
I use ChartView to create a pie chart with the following data
Assets          2248550.22
Income             19748.67
Equity           2228253.95
Liability                 547.60

So, when the chart displays, the Percentage is set as follows:
Assets       50%
Income        0%
Equity         50%
Liability        0%

I notice when the percentage is 0% for any data, the pie chart shows "0%" near the chart title (please see attachment).  Or if the calculated data returns 0, it doesn't show any percentage on the chart, but it shows "NaN" near the title as well. (please see attachment).

Any idea why?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Chris
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2013
3 answers
386 views
Hi,

              I have created a user control say ctlSchedular(along with RadSchedulerNavigator).And i am loading ctlSchedular  in a form say Form1 ,in that Form1 i have a Radpageview with outlook mode with 2 pages. In the 2nd page i have a RadCalendar .

Now i need a sync between calendar and schedular ...

1)If i click  on the forward navigator button on the RadSchedulerNavigator then the date on the calender should change.

2)If i click  some date in the Radcalendar then date in the schedular should change .

How can i do this .can anyone please explain it.

Thanks
Hema
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2013
3 answers
159 views
i'm trying to write  text in hebrew at the context of the desktop alert,
without any success.
the syntax that im writing is:
<html dir=rtl> "TEXT" </html>.
does the control support rtl?
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2013
2 answers
637 views
how  to make a particular row  in a grid view  as read only?

How to make selected row read only true in telerik gridview?


Thanks

Vedanayagam G
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2013
1 answer
180 views
I've having some trouble trying to display a RadSplitButtonElement as item of a RibbonBarGroup.
I'm expecting the RadSplitButtonElement to use the same backgound/foreground color as the
other types of buttons once I've applied any of the following themes:
. office2010black
. office2007blue...

As shown in the attached pictures, the element is painted using a brighter color than the other
elements, even when being inactive (which makes it really really visible in my GUI)

I cannot figure out if this may be considered as a bug or was really designed to be displayed like this.
What would you recommend to get the RadSplitButtonElement being displayed with the same default
settings than the other button elements ? Should I build a custom version of the office theme ?
Override a custom RadSplitButton ?

Moreover, as pictured in file inactivesplitofficeblack2010_after, the font color of the split button
remains dark blue once i've applied the office2007blue theme and came back to the office2010black theme.
This issue can also be reproduced with the telerik theme viewer which came with the Q3 2012 release.

Is that already a known issue ?

Thanks a lot,
Antoine.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?