Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
8 answers
414 views
I'm trying to put on a RadForm a RadCommandBar and below it a RadGridView. 

The problem is that my application will run on Maximized window state, but I can't make the Grid and the CommandBar to be with full width automatically. 

I set both to "Dock on parent container" but then the Grid is set over the Bar. And, I've also tried other configurations, but nothing worked. Just the "Dock..." thing worked to accomplhish the width, but it messed with the layout.

So, how can I easily accomplish that? To have a CommandBar and below a GridView, both with full width and without one be over the other? What am I missing? I can't believe that it's so difficult to do that! :-)

Thanks!

Lord
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Feb 2013
3 answers
763 views
Hi,
     I have set the the tab order for all the rad controls in my winforms. Is there a way to highlight the check box control when the focus is set on it when the user navigates through the form controls by pressing the tab key? Aslo the same issue is there for other controls such as button.

Regards
Shamjith
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Feb 2013
2 answers
147 views
http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/p_telerik_wincontrols_ui_radpropertygrid_allowdefaultcontextmenu.html

myPropertyGrid.AllowDefaultContextMenu = false;

If I change a value I can still see this little "show more" arrow as shown in the attached image. Clicking it does not show the menu, but why draw it in the first place?
Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Feb 2013
12 answers
786 views
I have a hierarchy grid in RTL, because i need the expand (+ ) signto be on the right side.
In the grid i right also in english.
When i right string that represent a path, like:  /home/dir/etc
In the grid it looks like: home/dir/etc/
The first '/' appears on the right side instead on the left side like it should be.
How can i fix the display of the string?


Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Feb 2013
2 answers
248 views
What I am trying to do is cancel the SelectedIndexChanged event in the list control, (which I know you cant). I know you can cancel the IndexChanging event, however it doesnt provide which item it is changing to, so that does no good.

I want the user to select an item from the list, then I get which item they selected, do some work, then reset the list control to nothing being selected again. So if they click the same item twice, i can "do something again", however if the item is selected already the event doesn't change.  

The closest Ive been able to come is during the SelectedItemChanging event, is to change the ListControl SelectionMode = None, which removes the theme for the selected item, and sets all the selected Item, value, index, and active to the default values. GREAT... 

Then switch it back to One, and all the no selected item default values are still there, Perfect...

However when you select the same Item again, the Items UI becomes selected again, but the  SelectedItemChanged event does NOT fire again.  I put a break point on the SelectedItemChanging event, and all the previous selected Item information was back again, NOT good,

I even re-bound the Event handler just in case it got cleared out to, still no luck.
private void ListPlacesSelectedIndexChanged(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.Data.PositionChangedEventArgs e)
        {
 
.....DO Something
 
            this.listPlaces.ActiveItem = null;
            this.listPlaces.SelectionMode = SelectionMode.None;
            this.listPlaces.SelectionMode = SelectionMode.One;
            this.listPlaces.SelectedIndexChanged += ListPlacesSelectedIndexChanged;
 
        }


Any better ideas?

Thanks

 
im
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Feb 2013
4 answers
354 views
hi, so I would like to know if I can customize the look of the splitter bar. For some users, less savvy users, it is not completely obvious what a splitter bar does.

A good example is here:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/figures/uiswing/components/SplitPaneDemo2.png

Is it possible to add dots, arrows, a custom image, or override the draw to do something custom?

This is one of 4 critical controls that I need from your package if it can meet my needs.

Mike
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2013
3 answers
250 views
I am trying to accomplish the following functionality using the GridView:

  • I have a database with different fixtures.  Each of these fixtures has a different set of parameters with n options (also stored in the db).
  • The user picks the fixture that they want to customize from a DropDownList.
  • A GridView refreshes based on the DropDownList with the the parameter name in the first column and the options for each parameter in a ComboBox cell in the next column.

I have tried to customize the second column to have different datasources per cell via the following tutorial: 
http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/winforms/gridview/cascading-comboboxes-in-radgridview.aspx

My case is slightly different though in that the value in the left hand column is fixed for the end user but still must have a dynamic drop down set created for it based on a runtime value.  Additionally, there is no event in my execution as there is in the example that would invoke the CellEditorInitialized event and when I attempt to leverage the activeeditor as they have done in that example, I get a null.

If anyone has any insight of how to customize a GridViewComboBoxColumn to have variable datasources or has any other suggestions for a control that may be better fit to my goal, it would be appreciated.  The variable nature of the number of parameters makes it such that I cannot populate the form with a set number of ComboBoxes and set those datasources accordingly. A GridView with a ComboBox column seemed to be the best fit.  

The only other option that I can see is flipping the rows to be columns and having a single row with each column having a separate datasource.  This landscape format is not something that would work well visually on the form though. Any help would be appreciated.
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Feb 2013
9 answers
321 views
hello folks,

Environment:
  • VS2012
  • Windows 8

Just upgraded to Latest version of Winforms controls, 2012.3 1017, upgrade went fine, but now when I open certain forms in my project designer gives a number of different errors: see attached.

This only happens on certain forms, but these forms aren't doing anything ground breaking and have mostly the same types of controls, buttons, listbox / grid, text boxes, etc.This error causes run time issues as well.

Have any of you run across this at all?

Richard

Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2013
1 answer
1.5K+ views
Hello,
I have a problem when I want to add a lot of item (with picture) has both in a listview.
In fact, I have a loop that adds about 400 items, but when I run this loop, the listview takes a long time to fill.
I tried my code with a winform listview and there is no problem, items are added instantly.
Here is my code :

List<ListViewDataItem> items = new List<ListViewDataItem>();
private
void backgroundWorker1_RunWorkerCompleted(object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
        {
            int nb = 0;
            foreach (ListViewDataItem item in items)
            {
                item.ImageIndex = nb;
                this.Invoke(new AddItem(AddItem2), item);
               nb += 1;
            }
            lblStatus.Text = "Chargement terminé";
        }
        private delegate void AddItem(ListViewDataItem itm);
        private void AddItem2(ListViewDataItem itm)
        {
            radListView1.Items.Add(itm);
            radListView1.Refresh();
        }
Sorry for my english,I'm French
Thanx
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2013
1 answer
646 views
Hi, 

I just migrated a solution from VS2010 to VS2012, and an exception occurs when I use the designer of VS2012 to create controls in my radForms: 
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004D745): A reference to the component 'Telerik.WinControls.UI' already exists in the project.

The exception occurs only when creating RadControls by drag and dropping from the toolBox, when I add Groups to a RadRibbon by clicking on "Add new Group", it works fine.
It also works fine when I add Windows Forms controls, the problem only occurs with Telerik Controls.

I tried under VS2010 and there is no exception raised.

I didn't get the problem when i used VS2010, so is there something special to do when migrating solutions from VS2010 to vs2012 ?

ps : see the attached file to get a more complete stacktrace.

Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?