Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
154 views
Hello All,
I am using a RadRibbonForm   in a desktop application  ,inside it there are other control like radgrid, document tabstrip,raddock etc.
I want that on maximizing the RadRibbonForm   controls inside it should increase there size such that no empty space is left.and on minimizing the controls  come to original size.

Is there any event or any code which matches this condition?

Please do needful.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2013
2 answers
243 views
var item1 = new PropertyStoreItem(typeof(String), "Name", "Value", "", "Category 1", false);
var item2 = new PropertyStoreItem(typeof(String), "Name", "Value", "", "Category 2", false);
store.Add(item1);
store.Add(item2);

System.ArgumentException
Additional information: An item with the same name already exists in the collection. Item name: Name

Q: How do I add two categories with properties with the same name?
Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Feb 2013
2 answers
216 views
I have a form with a menu (RadMenu) and a docking manager (RadDock).

radMenu is set to "Dock.Top" and radDock is set to "Dock.Fill". That puts both controls on (x,y)=(0,0)...

I want the menu to be above the docking control, obviously. How?
Kristoffer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Feb 2013
2 answers
112 views
First of all I want to say that your documentation about the controls is awesome in most cases  - but when it comes to RadGridView ColumnChooser there are very few information. So here comes my list of questions ;)

1: Get rid of "Close" button
I want to toggle the visibility of my ColumnChooser only via a ToggleButton, nothing else. So how to get rid of the close button in ColumnChooser form border/header?

2: Hide/remove "How to use" text
I want to remove the text in ColumnChooser which tells the user how to use it. If you have many columns in ColumnChooser this text is slighty visible because of the space between the columns. Looks ugly - see attached image 'question2.jpg'.

3: Drag&Drop
When start dragging a column from ColumnChooser to GridView there is an graphical effect, that seems like I can add the column between rows. This looks really confusing and I want to remove this - see attached image 'question3.jpg'.
Johannes
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Feb 2013
9 answers
1.0K+ views

The users want the TextBox to select its contents when the user clicks into the TextBox.

I tried this code:

Private Sub RadTextBox1_Enter(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles RadTextBox1.Enter
    Dim tb = TryCast(RadTextBox1.TextBoxElement.TextBoxItem.HostedControl, TextBox)
    tb.SelectAll()
End Sub

This works when the user Tabs into the TextBox, but not when the user clicks into the TextBox.

Is there a way to select the text when the user clicks into the TextBox?

Thanks!

Joel
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Feb 2013
5 answers
249 views

I have a grid that shows data that is self referencing.  The data is a simple List<> based collection of objects that have an Id and ParentId properties (among others).  [Using Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView version 2012.3.1211.40]

Below is the error information:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
 
GridViewCellInfoCollection.get_Item()
GridDataCellElement.UpdateInfoCore()
GridCellElement.UpdateInfo()
GridTableElement.UpdateCellContentByColumn()
GridTableElement.UpdateViewCore()
GridTableElement.UpdateView()
GridTableElement.ProcessTemplateEvent()
GridTableElement.Telerik.WinControls.UI.IGridViewEventListener.ProcessEvent()
GridViewEventProcessEntity.ProcessCollection()
GridViewEventProcessEntity.ProcessEvent()
GridViewSynchronizationService.NotifyListeners()
GridViewSynchronizationService.FlushEvents()
GridViewSynchronizationService.DispatchEvent()
GridViewSynchronizationService.DispatchEvent()
GridViewSelfReferenceDataProvider.DispatchDataViewChangedEvent()
GridViewSelfReferenceDataProvider.Refresh()
GridViewTemplate.Telerik.WinControls.Data.IDataItemSource.Initialize()
RadListSource`1.Initialize()
RadListSource`1.Bind()
RadListSource`1.set_DataSource()
GridViewTemplate.set_DataSource()
RadGridView.set_DataSource()
ProjectsListUserControl.AddProjects()
ProjectsListUserControl.RefreshProjectList()

Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
Ed

Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2013
4 answers
167 views
Hi

Is there a way to use a plain old RadMenu and a RadRibbonBar (but not with its own menu and title bar and everything) at the same time?

I would like to have the look of the Ribbon bar (mix of large and small images) but my users are not ready to give away the traditional menu at the top of the form (not the one hidden like the RadApplicationMenu!).

I have tried the RadCommandBar and I can't get everything I want (mixed of images sizes, section caption, ...)
Eric Moreau
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 13 Feb 2013
2 answers
164 views
I am having a hard time trying to load my controls inside a RadDock that uses ascx.\

This is my code (it is same as the Portal Demo)

protected void ButtonAddDock_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            RadDock dock = CreateRadDock();          
            RadDockZone dz = RadDockZone1;
  
             
            RadDockLayout1.Controls.Add(dock);
            dock.Dock(dz);          
            CreateSaveStateTrigger(dock);
  
            dock.Tag = "Templates/NewQuiz.ascx";
            LoadWidget(dock);
  
        }
private void LoadWidget(RadDock dock)
        {
            if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(dock.Tag) || dock.Closed)
            {
                return;
            }
            Control widget = LoadControl(dock.Tag);
            widget.EnableViewState = false;
            dock.ContentContainer.Controls.Add(widget);
        }
protected void btnSaveDraft_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            string[] questions = {};
            int x = 0;
            foreach (RadDock dock in RadDockLayout1.RegisteredDocks)
            {              
                RadTextBox txtQuestion = (RadTextBox)dock.ContentContainer.FindControl("txtQuestion");
                questions[x]= txtQuestion.Text;
                x++;
            }
}

And here is my ASCX

<center style="padding-top: 15px;">
    <table style="text-align: justify;">
        <tr>
            <td style="width: 15%;">
                Question:
            </td>
            <td>
                <telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtQuestion" runat="server" Width="100%">
                </telerik:RadTextBox>
            </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td style="width: 15%;">
                Help Text:
            </td>
            <td>
                <telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtHelp" runat="server" Width="100%">
                </telerik:RadTextBox>
            </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td style="width: 15%;">
                Mandatory:
            </td>
            <td>
                <asp:CheckBox ID="chkMandatory" runat="server" />
            </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td style="width: 15%;">
                Question Weight:
            </td>
            <td>
                <telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtWeight" runat="server" Width="30px" Text="1">
                </telerik:RadTextBox>
            </td>
        </tr>
        <tr>
            <td style="width: 15%;">
                Question Type:
            </td>
            <td>
                <telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddlType" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True">
                    <Items>
                        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Selected="True" Text="--Select Question Type--"
                            Value="--Select Question Type--" />
                        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Multiple Choice - Radio Button" Value="Multiple Choice - Radio Button" />
                        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Multiple Choice - Check Box" Value="Multiple Choice - Check Box" />
                    </Items>
                </telerik:RadComboBox>
            </td>
        </tr>
    </table>
</center>

The code in my aspx can't find the txtQuestion textbox. 
Ian David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Feb 2013
1 answer
954 views
hello,

I am using telerik GridView on application development,  i tried to format specific cells of the gridview so to allow only numbers when editing , i can't find how to do that , i look into the properties of the gridview but cant't find any way to do that.
 can you help me on that?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2013
3 answers
202 views
Hi,

Are there any examples of a Unbound PivotGrid? I would like to have PivotGrid that looks like a Property Grid.
I need to use PivotGrid because I need multiple rows.  I need to add my own rows.
I would like to have a PivotGrid that has categories (groups) and images in the individual rows.

I have not found any examples for adding rows manually.

Below is an example of what I want the grid to look like.

Thanks
Steve Morrow
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?