Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
534 views
Hi,

I have question about the filter default selection. Now there is no filter for gridview rows when the Form is opened (all checkboxes are checked for each filter so there is no filter)

I have read that on the WPF side there is FilterOperatorsLoading event where you can change this default filter selection but on WinForms side does not have that event?

So what is the correct way to access/modify filters before the form/gridview is shown for the first time?

I am using VB.NET, Thanks!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Mar 2013
1 answer
218 views
is there any way to cast a richtextbox to a windows richtextbox or a windows text box?  I'm using a 3rd party spell checker that requires one of those types of control.  

for instance, the radtextbox can be cast to a text by with something like
var tbTx = txtTxAdditionalNotes.TextBoxElement.TextBoxItem.HostedControl as TextBox;

is there a way to do that with RichTextBox?

thanks!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Mar 2013
1 answer
217 views
Hi ,
  Is there any option in telerik Gridview where I can add a dropdown List in the Header Column ?
ie. the header will have a drop down to select the name of the column
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Mar 2013
2 answers
504 views
Hi,

Is it possible to have a static / fixed position summary Row at the end of a grid.

By this I mean a Summary Row that is outside of the scroll area, so if I have 1000 rows the user will see, say the first 20 rows and can scroll up or down to see the other rows but the summary row is always visible, something like freezing the top row in Excel. 

What I want to see is the sum of a "volume"column at all times, I need to consider any filters that have been applied as well as only sum rows that have been checked.

Another option would be for me to add my own summary panel below the grid but then I would need to be able to get the position of the Volume column after resize or datadinding with Best fit so I can set the left value of say a label so that it is aligned with the Volume column. I tried to use CurrentCell to get the x coordinate, but I'm guessing that relies on the cell being selected.

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for your help..... Great controls by the way.

Cheers
Shaun.




Shaun
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Mar 2013
1 answer
115 views
I load classes in a propertygrid that I do not have direct access to change the ToString() displayed when the grid item is a collection.

The problem I have is when the property item is a collection, the value shows the full namespace but I would like to override the text value to something more user friendly.

Some of those collections have sub items and some use UIType editors.

Is it possible?

I tried everything I could think of from pgrid_ItemFormatting and from pgrid_SelectedObjectChanged
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2013
2 answers
240 views
Hi,

I'm having a problem where I have a gridview with a master and child template.  I noticed that the parent row doesn't seem to be changing when I select a child row from a different row unless I select the parent row first.  The parent row will only change when I select the parent row directly.  If I move from one expanded child row to another expanded child row (a different parent record) this will not update any bound textbox controls with the parent row values.  The previous row values remain in the bound textbox controls.

I may be missing something obvious here but I would have thought that selecting childrows in different records should change the underlying parent record.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2013
1 answer
91 views
Hi,

I'm working on gridview and I updated the latest components Telerik. I tested in Winforms application to display hierarchical data. When I was finally able to view the data, I found a bug.

When I select a child row and all child rows that have the same index are selected. But if I select another row (different index) then all the selected rows to store the value of the previous row selected.
Even in your demo in the object-Relational the same problem exists.

I would like to know if there is already a solution to fix this problem or that it will be corrected in a future patch?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2013
1 answer
214 views
Hi, 

When I create and show RadMessageBoxForm from System.Threading.ApartmentState.MTA thread I cannot copy text from it by Ctrl+C key pressing.
I got ThreadStateException:
Current thread must be set to single thread apartment (STA) mode before OLE calls can be made. Ensure that your Main function has STAThreadAttribute marked on it.
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2013
1 answer
711 views
Hello
 I'm creating a winform application. I need to create certain users with different roles. Here are the 3 user groups:

Admin : RW: Scheduler, Overall Planning data, Data Filter, Leaves Tracker, Scrum Meeting Data, Available PDs, Resource E-mailer
           : R: Effort Recorder
Coord : RW: Data Filter, Scrum Meeting Data, Resource E-mailer
           : R: Effort Recorder, Leaves Tracker, Available PDs, Overall Planning Data,
Tester    : RW: Effort Recorder, Data Filter
          : R: Overall Planning Data, Leaves Tracker, Scrum Meeting Data

As stated above, Admin, Coord and Tester are the 3 user groups under which I've create multiple users. RW states Read-Write access to each of the modules mentioned above (such as Scheduler, Data Filter etc. ).  R indicates only the Read access.

How could I achieve this using winforms? Could you please help?

Here's the initial code I've so far!

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace WindowsFormsApplication1
{
    public partial class Login : Form
    {
        public Login()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }

        private void button4_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Indexer ins = new Indexer();
            ins.MdiParent = this.MdiParent;
            this.Hide();
            ins.ShowDialog();
        }
    }
}

Also, I've attached the design of Indexer which would be the next screens once a user logs in.
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Mar 2013
7 answers
488 views
Hey all,

So here is my situation:

I have a column that is of type double. If I "accidentally" enter in characters into the filter, I get an exception thrown that says: "FilterExpressionException" unhandled.

Where do I handle this?

Thanks,
Erik Van Norstrand
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?