Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
7 answers
1.3K+ views

Hi,

I must be missing something obvious but how do I set the background colour of a Gridview  control.
I can set the background colour of a row or cell but I cannot see how to set the colour of "White space" in other words my grid takes up have the screen but it might only contain 2 rows, which I can colour, but the bank space is always white.

Any ideas how I can change this??

Cheers

Shaun.

Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2013
1 answer
136 views
I have configured the ChartTrackballController and added it to the ChartView.  The event does fire, but there are times when it does not.  I can move the mouse pointer left and right over the chart and most of the time the text is updated and displayed.  However, there are times when the mouse is moved the data point is moved but the trackball information is not moved or updated.  The event never fires.

Is this a known issue?

// Configure the trackball.
var trackball = new ChartTrackballController();
pingChart.Controllers.Add(trackball);
pingChart.ShowTrackBall = true;
trackball.TextNeeded += TrackballTextNeeded;

        private void TrackballTextNeeded(object sender, TextNeededEventArgs e)
        {
            Debug.WriteLine("{0} - trackball calculation.", DateTime.Now);

            e.Text = "Test...";
        }

Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2013
1 answer
100 views
When I collapse or expanad popup is closed
I want when I click popup not closed
want the icon "+" clicked popup not closed
I'd click anywhere to close popup
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2013
1 answer
151 views
Hello Team,
I faced a situation where gridview is throwing some expected which i am unable to catch


i have a gridview,where user adding data to it the grid, through .csv file means user imports .csv file data to datagrid and then clicks button clear which make the grid datasource to null,
which is datagrid.datasource=null; now if entered any string value in the grid it is throwing this expecption

Step By Step: user clicked Add field values

user selects the .csv file to import data into grid

Data imported from .csv to grid



Now clicks Clear button to clear the data in the grid, here when user clicks the clear button i am making the datasource of the grid to null

now user enters some string value in the grid




Now press tab, its throwing the error

input string was not in correct format and i dont know where to capture the error and how to handle, can you please help me

Regards
Lakshmi
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2013
1 answer
224 views
Hello,

Im am exporting a Gridview to PDF (sampleexport.jpg)

but i want it to look like this format (Template.jpg)

is it possible to do it?

Thank you in advance for your support

-Robin
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2013
1 answer
161 views
Using 2013.1.220.40 version of RadBrowseEditor, I don't seem to be able to get the ApplicationSettings binding to work properly. My only choice is to bind the "Text" property, but the property that contains the path is "Value". Am I doing something wrong?

 For now I've used this as a workaround:
On FormLoad or any time the settings are refreshed
RadBrowseEditor1.Value = My.Settings.PMSFolder

And when the user clicks the Save button
My.Settings.PMSFolder = RadBrowseEditor1.Value
My.Settings.Save()
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2013
0 answers
168 views
Hi ,
        I am using multi column combobox for display the multiple data. when i am filter the data by entering search text in multiple combobox, It shows only the searched result not header text of column. please give solution for this
Mohan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 22 Mar 2013
1 answer
112 views

I am having trouble getting error messages / error formatting to show up when using the Visual Studio 2012 Light theme

The code below will show an error message on the property grid with the Control Default theme but not with the Visual Studio 2012 Light Theme.

public partial class Form1 : Form
{
    MyObject myObject = new MyObject();
 
    public Form1()
    {
        InitializeComponent();
 
        radPropertyGrid1.SelectedObject = myObject;
    }
 
    private void radPropertyGrid1_PropertyValidating(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.PropertyValidatingEventArgs e)
    {
        if (e.Item.Name == "Count")
        {
            if (int.Parse(e.NewValue.ToString()) > 5)
            {
                (e.Item as PropertyGridItem).ErrorMessage = "Count Must Be Less Than Four";
                e.Cancel = true;
            }
        }
    }
}
 
public class MyObject
{
    public string Name { get; set; }
    public int Count { get; set; }
    public DateTime When { get; set; }
 
    public MyObject()
    {
        When = DateTime.Now;
    }
}
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Mar 2013
1 answer
460 views
I am using a RadRibbonForm with the Visual Studio 2012 Light theme and I would like to change the color of the status strip when my program is doing some long running calculations (like Visual Studio 2012).  I have tried multiple settings and cannot seem to find the correct setting to change the color of the status strip in code.
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Mar 2013
1 answer
171 views
Using Telerik version 2013.1.220.40

We would like to indicate when controls (TextBox, Dropdownlist, Checkbox etc) has focus, many users use the tab-key and can't see where the cursor is. Is the best way to accieve this by creating a custom theme or just override OnFocus/LostFocus-event for all the controls and set style there?

In the application we let users choose between 5 different themes.
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Mar 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?