Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
272 views
Hello,

I am building an application that show a school's courses, and the date they fall on is not relevant. I only need to show them on the correct day of the week that they take place. How can I customize the scheduler to only show one week and that's it (i.e. Mon-Sun) and ignore any specific week of the year.

Also, since the courses will be appointment objects on the scheduler, I am wondering if it is possible to have one appointment show up on two different days. That is to say, some courses take place on Monday AND Wednesday, so when I click on either one to move them, can I make them both respond and move together, acting as one entity?

Thanks for any help and keep up the good work Telerik.


EDIT: I figured out the first part but really could use some help with making two appointments on different days act as one.
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2013
1 answer
179 views
The attached picture is a ribbon bar chunk in an application we purchased.  I would like to copy that style on one of my ribbon bar chunks.  I haven't found out how to make the separator and the smaller button elements.  How can I do that?

Thank you,
Gary
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2013
6 answers
277 views
I'm a feature developer who also sometimes need to write Coded UI tests from time to time.  I have the WinForms RadControls installed on my VS2010 so that I can easily add Telerik controls to our app.  However, whenever I have it installed, I'm unable to edit (any) ui maps.  Whenever I launch the Coded UI Test Builder to spy on new controls, I receive the following error:

Playback failed to initialize: Failure to load Extension package.  PackageName:RadControls for WinForms Test Extension, Version 1.0, Vendor: Telerik Inc, Assembly: C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Telerik.WinControls.CodedUI.2010\v4.0_2013.1.220.40_5bb2a467cbec794e\Telerik.WinControls.CodedUI.2010.dll.  Restart Coded UI Test Builder.

It's annoying to have to continuously uninstall/reinstall RadControls depending on the work I'm doing.  Has anyone else seen this, is there a suggest workaround?

Thanks!

Brandon
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2013
1 answer
180 views
Hello,

I am working on a project right now where we are parsing in a text file with scheduling information pertaining to a college here. We have created Course classes to hold the information (i.e. teacher's name, course building, time starting/ending, courses name, etc.) and they are wanting this to be put into a calendar like format with all of the courses showing up on it. Ideally, they would like to drag and drop these courses on the calendar to change the dates of them, click them to edit some information on the class, etc.

I have just acquired Telerik's radcontrols for WinForms, and I am wondering if there is a control(s) that might help me accomplish this? I have looked at them at a glance, but honestly, I was a little intimidated with all of the options so I figured I might ask here first.

Thanks for any input, and keep up the good work Telerik.


- Jordan
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2013
0 answers
153 views
hello
I am displaying images in DropDownList
I am using entity framework and the database is in my photos
How can I make DropDownList like the picture below
mohammad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 27 Mar 2013
2 answers
163 views
Hi,

I have a Gridview with a checkbox column and a value column.
I also have 2 summary rows, one to counts the number of checked items and one to count the number of unchecked items.

Is it possilbe to update the summary values when a checkbox column item is changed?

Just now the summary row is updated then I select another row, buy can I do it on OnClck event?

Cheers

Shaun.
Shaun
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Mar 2013
5 answers
302 views
I used to have about six or seven Telerik dlls in these folders when I did a rebuild. Now none of them are there but the .exe file seems to run ok.

Since I will be deploying this, I'm just wondering. Have the dll files been folded into the exe somehow in Q1 2013?

I just updated the project from Q3 2012 and see that the .dll files disappeared.

Thanks -
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2013
31 answers
1.9K+ views
Hello,

I would like to know how I can put a progress bar control on each column of a radGridView.
I tried to find a way to put my own control as radHostItem for RibbonBar but I no found a similar way to radGridView.

thanks.
M.C.
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2013
8 answers
742 views
Hello,

I have included a GridViewComboBoxColumn into a RadGridView.
It has been filled with some strings (let say "1","2","3","4" and "5").

When the GridView is displayed, the GridViewComboBoxColumn does not show any value. Is it possible to set the selected value (for example, select the third string in the GridViewComboBoxColumn ) at display time so the GridViewComboBoxColumn show "3"  when displaying the grid ?

I have the same question when the values displayed on my GridView are modified. Can I update the GridViewComboBoxColumn selected item so the selected item is set according to the data values that were modified in my gridview ?

Can you please give me a code sample for that ? I wish there was a "SelectedItem" property on GridViewComboBoxColumn that I could get and set easily.

Thank you for your help.
Dursun
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Mar 2013
3 answers
312 views
I understand that there are other similar questions but they all, appear, to be dated.  So I am asking anew.  How close can I get to this implementation -->Telerik Demo in a Winforms project?  

It looks like I need to do some sort of modification to the RadDropDownList or the MultiColumnComboBox control?  

I really need to figure out a nice, simple solution so that I can remove the last remnants of a competitor product...example

Thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?