Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
4 answers
260 views
Hi,

I have a gridview with several columns and a horizontal scrollbar.

When I select an element of a combobox and when I click the right of the horizontal scrollbar so that it moves alone towards the right and to view the other columns, I have this error : 

Source : System.Threading.Thread
Message : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridComboBoxCellElement.SetContent()
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridDataCellElement.set_Value(Object value)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewEditManager.EndEditCore(Boolean validate, Boolean cancel)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewEditManager.CloseEditor()
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.BaseGridBehavior.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

My winform application is then completely frozen.

And this error appears only with combobox columns.

Can you help me to solve this error?

Thank you!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2013
4 answers
115 views
hi telerik,


RadColorDialog in Korean OS.The Bottom Ok and Cancel Button are not seen Completely.

But in English OS they are completely seen .

Please provide the complete solution across OS.

Attached the RadColorDialog screen shot ,please go through attached files

THanks
Suresh.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2013
2 answers
103 views
Hi,

I have a problem with different behavior of FilterDescriptor in Q1 2013 (upgraded from Q1 2012).
I want to filter out all rows where 2 columns have a value of string.Empty and set the filter like this:

CompositeFilterDescriptor cfd = new CompositeFilterDescriptor();

FilterDescriptor fd1 = new FilterDescriptor("Anlage", FilterOperator.IsNotEqualTo, "");
cfd.FilterDescriptors.Add(fd1);

FilterDescriptor fd2 = new FilterDescriptor("Bestellung", FilterOperator.IsNotEqualTo, "");
cfd.FilterDescriptors.Add(fd2);

cfd.LogicalOperator = FilterLogicalOperator.Or;
grid.FilterDescriptors.Add(cfd);



In Q1 2012 this resulted in:
CompositeGridFilter, Expression: (Anlage <> '' OR Bestellung <> '')    

In Q1 2013 the expression now is:
(NOT (Anlage IS NULL) OR NOT (Bestellung IS NULL))

which is not what I want!

Is there any way around this?

Thanks a lot in advance

Renate




Renate
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Mar 2013
3 answers
187 views
I'd like to print a week view as it appears in the application, i.e. days across the top, time slots along the side, and appointments sized and placed in those slots. I'd like it in landscape mode. Seems like it should be simple but I can't figure it out.

Later
Art
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Mar 2013
2 answers
413 views

Currently my series legend labels display vertically stacked. I wish to set the legend items horizonally centered below the graph. I can change the legend position, but the legend series are still stacked vertically. How can I change this?

  <GRAPH>
    X Item 1
    X Item 2

I wish to have the legend centered and horizontal  below the graph...

        <GRAPH>
 X Item 1        X  Item 2

Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Mar 2013
1 answer
172 views
Hi,

While I was designing the ribbon for my application the size of all ribbon tabs was suddenly broken (see attached images).
When launching the application it always ends up with this broken size, the designer sometimes displays everything correctly, but after a refresh it usually is wrong again.
This behavior is independent from the selected theme.
I did not change any size related properties on purpose or programmatically.
Version 2013.1.220.

Is there a way to add some code that sets at least the correct height if the tabs so they are aligned to the application menu button?

Thanks in advance,
Ingmar
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Mar 2013
2 answers
161 views
My database is sending "Yes" and "No" but I can't seem to get the checkbox field to understand it. There is something I'm missing?

Later
Art
Art
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Mar 2013
2 answers
172 views
Hi, 
is it possible to use RibbonTab as Control on a form? The RadRibbonBar contains to much elements I would like to hide (StartButton, Caption etc.) I would like to hide everything marked with red on attached picture. The idea is to use the RibbonTab/RadRibbonBarGroup as MenuStrip on a form.
Is this possible?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Mar 2013
5 answers
206 views
We are updating from 2010Q1 to 2011Q1 and I am experiencing some very strange behavior with the scroll bars. If you drag the slider in a scroll bar (vertical or horizontal) and the mouse pointer deviates into the grid cells, the mouse starts selecting rows. This means that the user must be careful to never allow the mouse pointer to wander into the grid while dragging the scroll bar sliders. The scroll bar slider still moves, but normally if you start dragging a scroll bar slider with the mouse that is all that the mouse should do until the pointer is released.

We have full row select and multi-select enabled.
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2013
3 answers
310 views

Which Telerik WinForm controls would you recommend I use to create the status board described below?

 

I want to show a scrum-like status board with four columns (e.g. Pending, In Progress, In Review, and Done).  I'd like to show zero or more "cards" stacked vertically down from the top of each column.  I'm imagining each card to be a user control with an aggregation of 4 or 5 rad controls, perhaps even resembling a small index card.

 

I'd like to bind the status board to a SQL view which contains a record for each "card" and a field on each record indicating the correct column for which that item belongs.

 

I am new to the Telerik controls, and trying to decide which of the many Telerik controls to use to build the status board.  One idea is to have four single column grid controls side-by-side, each bound to the SQL View and filtered on the particular column.  I used this approach in an MS Access prototype.  Grid controls might be overkill, though.  Perhaps side-by-side ListView controls might work if those allow embedded usercontrols.  Or, you might have a much better idea, or point me to other posts that I missed.

 

Note that the entire status board will reside in a resizable panel in an Outlook style application.  Your "OutlookTypeApp.sln" posted elsewhere (http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/general-discussions/which-controls-should-i-use-for-outlook-type-application.aspx) was very helpful!

Thank you for any help you can give in pointing me in the right direction.

Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?