Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
255 views
Dear all members and administrators as well,

I've downloaded the trial edition of the new Telerik, I've browsed and tried some new function as well.

Well, the question is simple, I've run the example of the RadPanorama, and when I try to click the Controls Tile such as GridView etc, I couldn't figure out how to do that exactly and properly.

Maybe, the RadPanel could be the solution, however, there are will be some kind of lack of performances, etc.

Can anyone here explain how to show the other form at the same radPanorama. In this study case I want to call other forms. Simple.

Thank you very much for help in advance. GBU
George
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Aug 2013
3 answers
1.2K+ views
Hey Guys,

I've been trying to alter the font of the column header text. (Bold it if the column is required) based on a flag in the data.  This must be done once the data has been loaded, and the requiredness of fields will change.

So 2 questions.....
1) Is there a way to set the Header font (bold/not bold) programmatically?
2) What event should I be using to capture databinding?
   The obvious DataBindingComplete event is not firing when I execute this code: DataGridView1.DataSource = list;
    BindingContextChanged is fired multiple times, but when DataGridView1.DataSource is inspected and is always null...
     So I'm a bit confused about the events...

thanks!!
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Aug 2013
2 answers
594 views
Hi Telerik Team,

I'm trying to put a ComboBox inside a ContextMenu. Would you be able to advise us on how to fix this issue ?
My code is working but there seems to be a visual issue where the tip of the combobox is cut as seen in the picture attached.
Here is my code (some of it is hardcoded and taken directly from the demo)
RadContextMenu contextMenu = new RadContextMenu();
RadMenuItem menuItem = new RadMenuItem("Add Item");
RadDropDownList fontDropDownList = new RadDropDownList();
//fontDropDownList.Margin = new Padding(25, 5, 5, 5);
fontDropDownList.Text = "Select Font";
fontDropDownList.Items.Add(new RadListDataItem("Arial"));
fontDropDownList.Items.Add(new RadListDataItem("Tahoma"));
fontDropDownList.Items.Add(new RadListDataItem("Times New Roman"));
fontDropDownList.Items.Add(new RadListDataItem("Verdana"));
             
RadMenuContentItem contentItem = new RadMenuContentItem();
contentItem.ContentElement = new RadHostItem(fontDropDownList);
contentItem.MinSize = new System.Drawing.Size(150, 100);
menuItem.Items.Add(contentItem);
contextMenu.Items.Add(menuItem);

Would you be able to advise us on how to fix this issue ? Thanks in advance. Regards, Adi Kurniawan

Adi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Aug 2013
7 answers
383 views
Hi,
I know that RadCommandBar supports horizontal and vertical orientation, but how can I set vertical orientation?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Aug 2013
3 answers
267 views
Good morning,

I was investigating the possibility of replacing ToolStrips/MenuStrips and StatusStrips, in our application, with the newly introduced RadCommandBar control (BTW pretty nice control, visually at least). 
I run into several problems which I would like to report.
  1. ToggleStateChanged event in CommandBarToogleButton is not firing. ToggleStateChanging event is working fine.
  2. When I set the RightToLeft property of RadCommandBar to Yes, the CommandBar items change order from LTR to RTL but the command bar itself does not change position/orientation. I expected to see the order of command bars (if multiple) to reverse, their relative position to change (if close to the left edge of RadCommandBar to change and get closer to the right side)  and also the grip and overflow buttons to change positions.
  3. Setting the orientation of RadCommandBar is a pain... I tried changing the Dock property to left and the Orientation property to Vertical but it doesn't seem to affect the actual command bar items. They stay with horizontal orientation, creating rendering problems. For example a CommandBarToogleButton with no image an only text showing will almost disappear when orientation is set to vertical.

I attach a picture that shows some of the "problems".

I would also love to see support for customizing the command bars, similar to "Customize..." option of Microsoft ToolStrips (i.e. Toolstrips in old Office applications or Visual Studio environment, something that is missing from Microsoft's ToolStrips/MenuStrips controls available to developers). Also support for docking those CommandBars in RadDock would be nice (docking left, right, top, bottom or floating).

Overall, CommandBar is a real gem in your suite but, as all new controls, it suffers from a few flaws, that I am sure you will fix/cover in future releases. Thanx for reading and keep up the good work! :)
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Aug 2013
4 answers
290 views
Greetings!

I would like to know, how can I get all the rows that 'lie' beneath a visible cell value. So, for example, i have a cell value which is composed from two (or more) rows in pivots`s datasource. I want to get those rows somehow. Is it possible?

Thanks!
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2013
5 answers
186 views

Hi, I am new to the visual studio CodedUITesting. I created a few automated tests, 2 of the tests passed and 1 test failed with the following  error message:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------Error Message-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Test method CodedUITestProject.CodedUITest1.NewRole threw exception: 
Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.UITestControlNotFoundException: The playback failed to find the control with the given search properties. Additional Details: 
TechnologyName:  'MSAA'
ControlType:  'Table'
Name:  'dgvRoles'
AccessibleDescription:  'Business Roles'
 ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
Result StackTrace:
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Playback.Engine.IScreenElement.FindAllDescendants(String bstrQueryId, Object& pvarResKeys, Int32 cResKeys, Int32 nMaxDepth)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Playback.ScreenElement.FindAllScreenElement(String queryId, Int32 depth, Boolean singleQueryId, Boolean throwException, Boolean resetSkipStep)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Playback.ScreenElement.FindScreenElement(String queryId, Int32 depth, Boolean resetSkipStep)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.UITestControl.FindFirstDescendant(String queryId, Boolean expandUIElementWhileSearching, Int32 searchTime)
 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

-----------------------------------------------------------------------Error Message -----------------------------------------------------------------------


I don't understand what the error means and thus do not know how to fix it.

This is what my code looks like. I think it fails on the bold text because it does not type the text “Admin” into the first column. Could you please give me some advice on what to do or how to fix this issue?  

<TestMethod()>
    Public Sub NewRole()
               Me.UIMap.StartupApp_LoginToMain()
        Me.UIMap.OpenRoleForm()
        Me.UIMap.NewRole()
    End Sub

                '''<summary>
        '''StartupApp_LoginToMain - Use 'StartupApp_LoginToMainParams' to pass parameters into this method.
        '''</summary>
        Public Sub StartupApp_LoginToMain()
            Dim uIOpenComboBox As WinComboBox = Me.UIRunWindow.UIItemWindow.UIOpenComboBox
            Dim uIOKButton As WinButton = Me.UIRunWindow.UIOKWindow.UIOKButton
            Dim uISettingsButton As WinButton = Me.UILoginWindow.UISettingsWindow.UISettingsButton
            Dim uITxtServerEdit As WinEdit = Me.UIConnecttoadatabaseWindow.UICELESTEZPCSQLEXPRESSWindow.UITxtServerEdit
            Dim uITxtDataEdit As WinEdit = Me.UIConnecttoadatabaseWindow.UIIT3AGWindow.UITxtDataEdit
            Dim uIOKButton1 As WinButton = Me.UIConnecttoadatabaseWindow.UIOKWindow.UIOKButton
            Dim uIOKButton2 As WinButton = Me.UIConnectionStateWindow.UIOKWindow.UIOKButton
            Dim uITxtNameEdit As WinEdit = Me.UILoginWindow.UITxtNameWindow.UITxtNameEdit
            Dim uITxtPassEdit As WinEdit = Me.UILoginWindow.UITxtPassWindow.UITxtPassEdit
            Dim uIOKButton3 As WinButton = Me.UILoginWindow.UIOKWindow.UIOKButton

            'Press keyboard shortcut keys 'Windows + r'
            Keyboard.SendKeys(Me.StartupApp_LoginToMainParams.SendKeys, ModifierKeys.Windows)

            'Select 'c:\tfs\IT3\DEV\IT3\IT3C\bin\Debug\IT3C.exe' in 'Open:' combo box
            uIOpenComboBox.EditableItem = Me.StartupApp_LoginToMainParams.UIOpenComboBoxEditableItem

            'Click 'OK' button
            Mouse.Click(uIOKButton, New Point(23, 19))

            'Click '&Settings' button
            Mouse.Click(uISettingsButton, New Point(59, 14))

            'Type 'CELESTEZ-PC\SQLEXPRESS' in 'txtServer' text box
            uITxtServerEdit.Text = Me.StartupApp_LoginToMainParams.UITxtServerEditText

            'Type '{Tab}' in 'txtServer' text box
            Keyboard.SendKeys(uITxtServerEdit, Me.StartupApp_LoginToMainParams.UITxtServerEditSendKeys, ModifierKeys.None)

            'Type 'IT3AG' in 'txtData' text box
            uITxtDataEdit.Text = Me.StartupApp_LoginToMainParams.UITxtDataEditText

            'Click '&OK' button
            Mouse.Click(uIOKButton1, New Point(100, 18))

            'Click 'OK' button
            Mouse.Click(uIOKButton2, New Point(27, 12))

            'Type 'SuperU' in 'txtName' text box
            uITxtNameEdit.Text = Me.StartupApp_LoginToMainParams.UITxtNameEditText

            'Type '{Tab}' in 'txtName' text box
            Keyboard.SendKeys(uITxtNameEdit, Me.StartupApp_LoginToMainParams.UITxtNameEditSendKeys, ModifierKeys.None)

            'Type '********' in 'txtPass' text box
            Keyboard.SendKeys(uITxtPassEdit, Me.StartupApp_LoginToMainParams.UITxtPassEditSendKeys, true)

            'Click '&OK' button
            Mouse.Click(uIOKButton3, New Point(54, 18))
 End Sub

               '''<summary>
        '''OpenRoleForm
        '''</summary>
        Public Sub OpenRoleForm()
            Dim uIItemTabPage As UITestControl = Me.UIIT3sMainMenuWindow.UIRibMainWindow.UIItemTabPage
            Dim uIItemButton As RadButtonTestControl = Me.UIIT3sMainMenuWindow.UIRibMainWindow.UIItemButton

            'Click tab
            Mouse.Click(uIItemTabPage, New Point(63, 9))

            'Click button numbered 6 in 'ribMain' window
            Mouse.Click(uIItemButton, New Point(22, 22))
        End Sub

               <GeneratedCode("Coded UITest Builder", "11.0.60315.1")>  _
    Partial Public Class UIMap
        
        '''<summary>
        '''NewRole - Use 'NewRoleParams' to pass parameters into this method.
        '''</summary>
        Public Sub NewRole()
            Dim uIItemButton As RadButtonTestControl = Me.UIRolesWindow.UIRadRibbonBar1Window.UIItemButton
            Dim uIRadGridView1Table2 As RadGridViewTestControl = Me.UIRolesWindow.UIRadGridView1Window.UIRadGridView1Table2
            Dim uIRadGridView1Table3 As RadGridViewTestControl = Me.UIRolesWindow.UIRadGridView1Window.UIRadGridView1Table3
            Dim uIItemEdit As WinEdit = Me.UIRolesWindow.UIRadGridView1Table4.UIItemWindow.UIItemEdit
            Dim uIRadGridView1Table4 As RadGridViewTestControl = Me.UIRolesWindow.UIRadGridView1Window.UIRadGridView1Table4
            Dim uIItemEdit1 As WinEdit = Me.UIRolesWindow.UIRadGridView1Table5.UIItem0Window.UIItemEdit
            Dim uIRadGridView1Table5 As RadGridViewTestControl = Me.UIRolesWindow.UIRadGridView1Window.UIRadGridView1Table5
            Dim uIItemButton1 As RadButtonTestControl = Me.UIRolesWindow.UIRadRibbonBar1Window.UIItemButton1
            Dim uIYesButton As WinButton = Me.UISaveWindow.UIYesWindow.UIYesButton

            'Click button numbered 2 in 'RadRibbonBar1' window
            Mouse.Click(uIItemButton, New Point(9, 23))

            'Click 'RadGridView1' table
            Mouse.Click(uIRadGridView1Table2, New Point(65, 188))

            'Click 'RadGridView1' table
            Mouse.Click(uIRadGridView1Table3, New Point(68, 181))

            'Type 'Admin' in text box
            uIItemEdit.Text = Me.NewRoleParams.UIItemEditText


            'Click 'RadGridView1' table
            Mouse.Click(uIRadGridView1Table4, New Point(183, 178))

            'Type '0' in text box
            uIItemEdit1.Text = Me.NewRoleParams.UIItemEditText1

            'Click 'RadGridView1' table
            Mouse.Click(uIRadGridView1Table5, New Point(248, 308))

            'Click button numbered 5 in 'RadRibbonBar1' window
            Mouse.Click(uIItemButton1, New Point(8, 17))

            'Click '&Yes' button
            Mouse.Click(uIYesButton, New Point(43, 13))
        End Sub

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2013
8 answers
1.9K+ views
Good Afternoon,

i have a Problem with the Telerik RadGridView. I want to show an Image in a Cell and after the Image a Text in the same Cell. But when i start the Programm i can see Only the Asembly-Path (System.Drawing.Bitmap). What must i do to show the Image.

Yours Sincerly
Dee
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2013
1 answer
139 views
Is there any ReadOnlyChanged event for the GridView?  I don't see one for the GridView control itself.  Maybe it's down some path like ElementTree.  I'm searching but I can't find it.  What I'd like to do is set the ReadOnly property on that custom RadRadioButtonColumn whenever the GridView property changes.

Thank you,
Gary
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2013
1 answer
193 views
Hello Support,

I have a question for Ganttview:
how is it possible to convert Ganttview timeline on time?

Is there a more extensive documentation Ganttview?

Thanks in advance
George
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Aug 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?